|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is half-dead and starving in "Seven"?
2. Why are the dwarves watching Bianca and her father in Part One?
3. What happens every time Bianca tries to run away from Montefiore?
4. How does Ludovico behave when Lucrezia visits Montefiore?
5. Who is Prince Dschem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vicente write in a letter to Bianca in Part 2?
2. What does Lucrezia remember of her childhood in "Bring Me Her Heart Carved from Her Chest"?
3. Who is "the Punishment"?
4. What happens when Bianca tries to run away in Part 2?
5. What happens to Vicente once he reaches the monastery in Part 2?
6. What does Vicente find in the mud in Part 1?
7. What happens when Lucrezia leaves the room to attend to the gooseboy in Part 2?
8. What does Lucrezia have Ranuccio do in Part 2?
9. Who is the Duc de Valentinois?
10. Describe Montefiore.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the imagery in the novel "Mirror, Mirror". What are some examples of imagery in the novel and what is the meaning behind them?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize the "Snow White" fairy tale. Discuss which elements of the fairy tale Maguire incorporates into his novel as well the effectiveness of these elements in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of death in the novel "Mirror, Mirror". How does Maguire illustrate the motif of death in the novel? Who dies in the novel? How do they die? What is the significance of each death? Why does Lucrezia want Bianca dead? How does Lucrezia regard death?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)