|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Bianca's family home?
2. What was Ranuccio unable to go through with in the past?
3. What is found in the mud in Part One?
4. Who is Primavera Vecchia?
5. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the dwarves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vicente find in the mud in Part 1?
2. How did Lucrezia and Vicente become involved in each other's lives?
3. What happens when Bianca tries to run away in Part 2?
4. What struggles does Bianca face while her father is away on a business trip in Part 1?
5. What does Vicente do at a church in Part 1?
6. Who is Lucrezia?
7. What happens when Primavera is fired in Part 2?
8. Why is Vicente thrown in the sea in Part 2?
9. What does Lucrezia ask the mirror in Part 2?
10. What does Fra Ludovico lie to Bianca about in Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different archetypes present in the novel. Are these archetypes commonly found in fairy tales?
Essay Topic 2
What is the mirror? What powers does the mirror possess? How does the mirror impact the lives of the novel's characters? How do the dwarves use the mirror to their advantage?
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel? What are elements commonly found in this type of novel? What are some other examples of works of this genre? What similarities do these works share with the novel "Mirror, Mirror"?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)