|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cesare's hope for the future as explained in "A Stroll in the Country"?
2. What is Bianca's father doing at the lake in "The Name of the World"?
3. What does Ranuccio find impossible to do since the meeting near the waterfall?
4. How did Vicente gain access to the monastery in Part Two?
5. What puts the dwarves in a position of awareness in "Seven"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Primavera is fired in Part 2?
2. Who is Lucrezia?
3. What does Vicente find in the mud in Part 1?
4. What has happened to Vicente in prison in Part 2?
5. What does the reader learn about the dwarves in Part 2?
6. What does Lucrezia have Ranuccio do in Part 2?
7. Describe Montefiore.
8. What does Lucrezia think of Bianca in Part 1?
9. Describe the setting of the novel "Mirror, Mirror"?
10. What changes does Fra Ludovico note since the departure of Vicente in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to Bianca? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the struggles faced by Bianca and Vicente throughout the novel. How do they deal with these obstacles and how do they overcome them? What or who causes these problems for them?
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel? What are elements commonly found in this type of novel? What are some other examples of works of this genre? What similarities do these works share with the novel "Mirror, Mirror"?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)