|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ludovico act strangely when Lucrezia visits Montefiore?
2. Why does Lucrezia agree to help Vicente in Part Two?
3. How does Ludovico behave when Lucrezia visits Montefiore?
4. Who is Rodrigo Borgia?
5. What do the dwarves liken themselves to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about the dwarves in Part 2?
2. Describe the setting of the novel "Mirror, Mirror"?
3. What does Fra Ludovico lie to Bianca about in Part 1?
4. What changes does Fra Ludovico note since the departure of Vicente in Part 2?
5. What kind of life does Bianca lead at the beginning of the novel?
6. What does Vicente write in a letter to Bianca in Part 2?
7. What does Cesare want Vicente to find in Part 1?
8. What happens when Primavera is fired in Part 2?
9. What does Vicente find in the mud in Part 1?
10. What does Lucrezia remember of her childhood in "Bring Me Her Heart Carved from Her Chest"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the symbolism in the novel "Mirror, Mirror". What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What does the mirror symbolize? What does the branch symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize the "Snow White" fairy tale. Discuss which elements of the fairy tale Maguire incorporates into his novel as well the effectiveness of these elements in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Did you enjoy the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)