|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about the eighth dwarf in "The Dwarves"?
(a) He is travelling the world.
(b) He is in France somewhere.
(c) He went to Montefiore to speak to her father.
(d) He is hiding somewhere in the cottage.
2. What does Lucrezia decide that she needs to possess in "Thais"?
(a) The third apple from The Tree of Knowledge.
(b) Her father's papal robe.
(c) Vicente's mirror.
(d) Italy's crown.
3. How does Lucrezia feel when she is headed for open water in "The Heart of the Matter"?
(c) Ill at ease.
4. What does Heartless try to dissuade Bianca from doing in "A Hole in the World"?
(a) Returning to Montefiore.
(c) Staying at the dwarves' home.
(d) Going to Rome.
5. Why did the dwarves craft the mirror?
(a) To check their appearance.
(b) To give as a gift to the pope.
(c) To observe humans so that they could mimic them.
(d) To go back in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bianca have to find a pump to draw water from in "The Dwarves"?
2. Who forbids Michelotto his request in "Fire and Ivy"?
3. What was Lucrezia's demand to Ranuccio in the past?
4. What did Ranuccio do after releasing Bianca in the woods?
5. What does Michelotto do when he sees a signal relating to the coffin in "Fire and Ivy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the eighth dwarf help Vicente in Part 3?
2. Why does Lucrezia travel to the palace of the Doge in Part 4?
3. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about her home and family in "The Dwarves"?
4. What do the dwarves do to the coffin in "Fire and Ivy"?
5. Who is Michelotto?
6. Why did Ranuccio go to Cirocenia?
7. How does Bianca feel when she returns to Montefiore in "Montefiore"?
8. What does Vicente achieve at the end of "A Beast in the Wall"?
9. What happens when Vicente talks aloud in his cell in "A Beast in the Wall"?
10. How does Lucrezia poison Bianca in "Two Bites from the Apple"?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)