|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucrezia believe of the apple from The Tree of Knowledge?
(a) It will end Bianca's life.
(b) It holds the secret to immortality.
(c) It is powerless.
(d) It will bring her wealth and power.
2. What does Vicente see on the branch in "A Beast in the Wall"?
(a) Two pairs of carved initials.
(b) A blossoming blue and white flower.
(c) Three ripe apples.
(d) A drop of blood.
3. Where can the item that Lucrezia needs to possess in "Thais" be found?
(a) In Athens.
(b) In Rome.
(c) In Venice.
(d) In Tuscany.
4. What is Lucrezia overjoyed by in "The Heart of the Matter"?
(a) The news that Bianca is awake.
(b) The prospect of supreme knowledge and immortality.
(c) The news that she is pregnant.
(d) The news that she will become the new head of Italy.
5. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about the eighth dwarf in "The Dwarves"?
(a) He went to Montefiore to speak to her father.
(b) He is travelling the world.
(c) He is hiding somewhere in the cottage.
(d) He is in France somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ranuccio reveal to Primavera after he released Bianca in the woods?
2. What do the dwarves tell Bianca they would like returned to them in "The Dwarves"?
3. Who does Bianca see has been waiting for her upon her return to Montefiore?
4. What does Michelotto ask the dwarves for in "Fire and Ivy"?
5. How does Lucrezia feel when she is headed for open water in "The Heart of the Matter"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucrezia note of Venice in Part 4?
2. What news is Vicente told when he returns to Montefiore in Part 3?
3. Why does Lucrezia travel to the palace of the Doge in Part 4?
4. How does Bianca feel when she returns to Montefiore in "Montefiore"?
5. How does Lucrezia poison Bianca in "Two Bites from the Apple"?
6. What does Vicente achieve at the end of "A Beast in the Wall"?
7. What is Bianca's first meeting with the dwarves like in Part 3?
8. What happens when the dwarves eat soup in Part 3?
9. How does Lucrezia react to the sacred branch in Part 3?
10. What do the dwarves do to the coffin in "Fire and Ivy"?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)