|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bianca see when she looks around at the beginning of "The Dwarves"?
(a) Boulders with human characteristics.
(b) A group of men-like creatures starring back at her.
(c) Tree trunks with smiles.
(d) A bunch of small creatures giggling back at her.
2. Why do the dwarves affix the glass from the mirror to the lid of Bianca's coffin?
(a) To show Bianca that she is not alone.
(b) To guard the coffin from afar.
(c) To decorate the coffin.
(d) In order to witness her decomposition and their own transition into full humanness.
3. Who does Bianca see has been waiting for her upon her return to Montefiore?
(a) No one.
(b) Her favorite dog.
(c) Vicente, Primavera and Ludovico.
(d) Just her father.
4. How does the father of Lucrezia's second child in "Thais" die?
(a) The plague.
(b) Small pox.
(c) French pox.
(d) In a hunting accident.
5. What does Lucrezia notice about the dwarves' cottage in "Reflections"?
(a) It has moved.
(b) It has become overgrown.
(c) It has disappeared.
(d) It has been rebuilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the dwarves grant Michelotto permission to do in "Fire and Ivy"?
2. Who narrates "Montefiore"?
3. Where was the monastery where Ranuccio went after he released Bianca in the woods?
4. What does Vicente observe about the thing he sees in the corner of his cell in "A Beast in the Wall"?
5. What does the dwarves' house not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ranuccio go to Cirocenia?
2. Who is Michelotto?
3. How does the eighth dwarf help Vicente in Part 3?
4. What is Bianca's first meeting with the dwarves like in Part 3?
5. How does Lucrezia head for the palace of the Doge in "The Heart of the Matter"?
6. Why does Lucrezia feel alone in Part 3?
7. What does Vicente achieve at the end of "A Beast in the Wall"?
8. What does Bianca notice of the people at Montefiore in "Montefiore"?
9. What does Bianca remember of Montefiore in "A Hole in the World"? What does her memory lead her to wish for?
10. What does Lucrezia note of Venice in Part 4?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)