|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bianca's childhood seem to her in "Montefiore"?
(a) Like a fairy tale.
(b) Like it happened yesterday.
(c) She cannot remember it.
(d) Both familiar and unfamiliar.
2. Where was the monastery where Ranuccio went after he released Bianca in the woods?
(d) San Erasmo.
3. What does Lucrezia think the creature accompanying Vicente resembles?
(a) A malnourished goat.
(b) A deformed camel.
(c) A headless dog.
(d) A drowned rat.
4. Who returns to Montefiore with Bianca in "Montefiore"?
(a) The dwarves.
5. What did Ranuccio go to the monastery to do?
(a) Meet an old friend.
(b) Find some food and shelter.
(c) Study and pray for absolution.
(d) Build up strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What husband is Lucrezia married to by "As-iksr"?
2. What does Bianca see when she peers through a window in "A Figure in the Clearing"?
3. What led Ranuccio to the monastery after he released Bianca in the woods?
4. What do the dwarves grant Michelotto permission to do in "Fire and Ivy"?
5. Where does Vicente find the branch from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucrezia head for the palace of the Doge in "The Heart of the Matter"?
2. What does Vicente achieve at the end of "A Beast in the Wall"?
3. What happens when Vicente talks aloud in his cell in "A Beast in the Wall"?
4. What does Lucrezia note of Venice in Part 4?
5. What strange things does Bianca observe while staying with the dwarves in "A Hole in the World"?
6. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about her home and family in "The Dwarves"?
7. What does Nextday tell Bianca about the mirror in Part 3?
8. How does Lucrezia react to the sacred branch in Part 3?
9. Why did Primavera lose her ability to speak?
10. Why did Ranuccio go to Cirocenia?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)