|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do dwarves go to church?
(a) To listen to the bells.
(b) To watch the humans.
(c) To steal bread and wine.
(d) To make them appear civilized.
2. What had Ranuccio previously met in the woods next to a waterfall?
(a) A leprechaun.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A fairy.
3. What is Bianca's last name?
(a) De Nevada.
(d) De Violla.
4. When did Lucrezia and Cesare go to live with their father?
(a) When they reached the age of maturity.
(b) Following his heart attack.
(c) When their mother died.
(d) When he became the Pope.
5. What is Cesare's hope for the future as explained in "A Stroll in the Country"?
(a) He hopes to someday rule all of Italy.
(b) He hopes to win the war.
(c) He hopes to have many children.
(d) He hopes to be a successful businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranuccio find impossible to do since the meeting near the waterfall?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Bianca's family home?
3. Who is Lucrezia unsuccessful at firing in Part Two?
4. What does Lucrezia refer to her child with Alfonso de Bisceglie?
5. How are dwarves close to animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucrezia and Vicente become involved in each other's lives?
2. Why does Vicente fire Primavera in Part 1?
3. What struggles does Bianca face while her father is away on a business trip in Part 1?
4. Who is the Duc de Valentinois?
5. Who is Lucrezia?
6. What happens when Lucrezia leaves the room to attend to the gooseboy in Part 2?
7. Who is Don Vicente?
8. What does the reader learn about the dwarves in Part 2?
9. What happens to Vicente once he reaches the monastery in Part 2?
10. Why is Vicente thrown in the sea in Part 2?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)