|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dwarves' house not have?
(c) A ceiling.
(d) A fireplace.
2. How does Lucrezia feel when Vicente returns to Montefiore?
(b) Scared and paranoid.
(c) Shocked and delighted.
(d) Nervous and happy.
3. What physical attribute does this son have?
(a) A large head.
(b) A deformed arm.
(c) Very small ears.
(d) Six toes on each foot.
4. According to the dwarves, when did the eighth dwarf disappear?
(a) When Vicente left Montefiore.
(b) Last spring.
(c) A year ago.
(d) The previous day.
5. What is Lucrezia's relationship to the father of this second child in "Thais"?
(a) He is Lucrezia's tenant.
(b) He is Lucrezia's husband.
(c) He is Lucrezia's lover.
(d) He is Lucrezia's servant.
6. What does Lucrezia decide to poison Bianca with in "Two Bites from the Apple"?
(a) A tonic made of apples and ginger beer.
(b) A poisoned knife.
(c) Primavera's fig pudding that Bianca used to love.
(d) An apple from the branch of the Tree of Knowledge.
7. Who returns to Montefiore with Bianca in "Montefiore"?
(b) The dwarves.
8. Who does Bianca see has been waiting for her upon her return to Montefiore?
(a) Her favorite dog.
(b) No one.
(c) Vicente, Primavera and Ludovico.
(d) Just her father.
9. What happened to Primavera when Ranuccio revealed the truth to her in Part 4?
(a) She cried all day and night for seven days.
(b) She broke out in hives.
(c) She lost her balance and passed out.
(d) She lost her power of speech.
10. How does Bianca's childhood seem to her in "Montefiore"?
(a) Like it happened yesterday.
(b) Both familiar and unfamiliar.
(c) She cannot remember it.
(d) Like a fairy tale.
11. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about the eighth dwarf in "The Dwarves"?
(a) He is in France somewhere.
(b) He is travelling the world.
(c) He is hiding somewhere in the cottage.
(d) He went to Montefiore to speak to her father.
12. What is Lucrezia floating in in "The Heart of the Matter"?
(a) The open sea.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) A gondola.
13. What does the eighth dwarf do in "A Beast in the Wall"?
(a) He sets fire to a wooden monument.
(b) He makes a tunnel for Vicente to escape through.
(c) He eats a whole tub of grapes.
(d) He sleeps for four days straight.
14. What does Lucrezia believe of the apple from The Tree of Knowledge?
(a) It holds the secret to immortality.
(b) It will end Bianca's life.
(c) It will bring her wealth and power.
(d) It is powerless.
15. Where is the Greek monastery where Vicente is being held?
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the dwarves changed by the chapter "Fire and Ivy"?
2. How old is Lucrezia's son Rodrigo when he dies?
3. What does Vicente observe about the thing he sees in the corner of his cell in "A Beast in the Wall"?
4. What is Lucrezia amazed by in "The Heart of the Matter"?
5. What stops Bianca from thinking she is dreaming in "The Dwarves"?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)