|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lucrezia's demand to Ranuccio in the past?
(a) To kill Bianca and bring her a lock of Bianca's hair.
(b) To kill Bianca and bring her Bianca's head.
(c) To kill Bianca and bring her Bianca's necklace.
(d) To kill Bianca and bring her Bianca's heart.
2. Who does Vicente observe looking at Bianca's coffin in "Vigil"?
(a) Seven small men and a dog.
(b) A group of little people and a boulder.
(c) A hunter.
3. What does Lucrezia believe of the apple from The Tree of Knowledge?
(a) It holds the secret to immortality.
(b) It will end Bianca's life.
(c) It is powerless.
(d) It will bring her wealth and power.
4. Who or what do the dwarves visit in "Fire and Ivy"?
(b) The church.
(d) Bianca's coffin.
5. Who tells Vicente that Bianca is dead?
(a) The dwarf.
(d) Fra Ludovico.
6. Where was the monastery where Ranuccio went after he released Bianca in the woods?
(c) San Erasmo.
7. What is Lucrezia amazed by in "The Heart of the Matter"?
(a) That Venice is so foggy.
(b) That Venice is so chaotic.
(c) That Venice is so empty.
(d) That Venice is so smelly.
8. What do the dwarves grant Michelotto permission to do in "Fire and Ivy"?
(a) Tell Lucrezia about its existence.
(b) Have the coffin moved.
(c) Open Bianca's glass coffin.
(d) Take BIanca out of the coffin.
9. According to the dwarves, when did the eighth dwarf disappear?
(a) Last spring.
(b) The previous day.
(c) A year ago.
(d) When Vicente left Montefiore.
10. What does Lucrezia use to poison Bianca in "An Ivory Comb, My Dear"?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) An ivory comb.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A hat pin.
11. What does Michelotto do when he sees a signal relating to the coffin in "Fire and Ivy"?
(a) He returns the following day when he thinks no one will be around.
(b) He smiles and laughs.
(c) He makes his way to the coffin.
(d) He gathers flowers to take to the coffin.
12. What is Theo Bombast von Hohenheim also known as?
13. Where is the Greek monastery where Vicente is being held?
14. Where can the item that Lucrezia needs to possess in "Thais" be found?
(a) In Tuscany.
(b) In Venice.
(c) In Athens.
(d) In Rome.
15. Who sends Lucrezia to the open water in "The Heart of the Matter"?
(a) Bianca and Ranuccio.
(c) The buck who Ranuccio killed.
(d) The dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bianca see when she peers through a window in "A Figure in the Clearing"?
2. What does Lucrezia notice about the dwarves' cottage in "Reflections"?
3. What husband is Lucrezia married to by "As-iksr"?
4. Why did the dwarves craft the mirror?
5. Which of the following is NOT true of the mirror?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)