|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucrezia have to attend to the gooseboy in "Mirror Mirror"?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is being chased by a rabid dog.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He has become cornered by a flock of geese.
2. Who is wearing a ruby on her finger in Part One?
(a) The sister of the Duc de Valentinois.
(b) Bianca's mother.
3. What is found in the mud in Part One?
(a) A potion in a bottle.
(b) A ring.
(c) A map.
(d) A mirror.
4. What does Ranuccio do with Bianca when they reach the woods in "A Walk in the Woods"?
(a) He lets her go.
(b) He leads her to an abandoned cottage.
(c) He steals a kiss.
(d) He ties her up and runs away.
5. Who is Primavera Vecchia?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) The family cook and housekeeper.
(c) Vicente's first love and interior designer.
(d) Lucrezia's personal maid.
6. What is Bianca's last name?
(c) De Violla.
(d) De Nevada.
7. What puts the dwarves in a position of awareness in "Seven"?
(a) The absence of the fourth dwarf.
(b) The absence of the third dwarf.
(c) The absence of the sixth dwarf.
(d) The absence of the eighth dwarf.
8. What does Bianca overhear Lucrezia asking the mirror in "Mirror Mirror"?
(a) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, how do I make Bianca feel two feet tall?"
(b) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who here is the sweetest of all?"
(c) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, how do I make Bianca fall?"
(d) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who among us is the fairest of all?"
9. Which of the following best describes Bianca's physical appearance?
(a) Dark skin and auburn hair.
(b) Olive skin and jet black hair.
(c) Blonde hair and blue eyes.
(d) Raven black hair and fair skin.
10. Who is Lucrezia?
(a) Cesare's wife.
(b) Cesare's sister.
(c) Cesare's aunt.
(d) Cesare's cousin.
11. What should Ranuccio bring back to Lucrezia to prove he has followed through with her instructions?
(a) Bianca's necklace.
(b) Bianca's head.
(c) Bianca's heart.
(d) Her body.
12. Why does Lucrezia agree to help Vicente in Part Two?
(a) She is attracted to him.
(b) To prevent him from revealing her attempt to kill her child.
(c) She is indebted to him.
(d) She pities him.
13. Who does Ludovico resent in "The Three Eyes of God"?
(a) Vicente for his family.
(b) Lucrezia for her wealth.
(c) The priest because his life is so simple.
(d) The Duc de Valentinois and all people of stature.
14. Who arrives on the dwarves' threshold in "Seven"?
15. Why is Bianca shunned by the other girls living at the family home?
(a) Because she is clumsy and simple.
(b) Because she is haughty.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because she is the landowner's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrates the chapter called "Seven"?
2. What does Vicente tell Bianca in a letter in Part Two?
3. What city does Bianca's father stop in in "The Vision in San Francisco"?
4. How are dwarves close to animals?
5. What does Lucrezia threaten to do if Ranuccio does not do what he is told in Part Two?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)