|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fra Ludovico?
(a) Vicente's brother-in-law.
(b) The gardener.
(c) The local priest.
(d) The village idiot.
2. What does Vicente tell Bianca in a letter in Part Two?
(a) That Lucrezia is her mother.
(b) That she will inherit a great deal of money when she reaches maturity.
(c) That he is going to marry Lucrezia.
(d) That he will not be returning to Montefiore.
3. What does Bianca overhear Lucrezia asking the mirror in "Mirror Mirror"?
(a) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, how do I make Bianca feel two feet tall?"
(b) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who here is the sweetest of all?"
(c) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, how do I make Bianca fall?"
(d) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who among us is the fairest of all?"
4. What will happen to Bianca's father if he refuses Cesare's request in "Prince Dschem's Secret"?
(a) Vicente will be banished from his country.
(b) Vicente will be arrested.
(c) Vicente will be burned at the stake.
(d) Vicente will be conscripted into the army.
5. What is Bianca's last name?
(a) De Nevada.
(c) De Violla.
6. What was Ranuccio unable to go through with in the past?
(a) Killing the leprechaun.
(b) Killing the dwarf.
(c) Killnig the fairy.
(d) Killing the unicorn.
7. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the dwarves?
8. What is drawn in the external walls of the family home in "Don't Leave, Don't Follow"?
(a) A list of previous owners of the home.
(b) A picture of Bianca's mother.
(c) Risqué graffiti.
(d) A map to a secret location.
9. What is the name of Bianca's family estate?
10. How does Ludovico behave when Lucrezia visits Montefiore?
(a) Confused and befuddled.
(b) Suave and debonair.
(c) Rude and insolent.
(d) Kind and courteous.
11. What is Cesare's hope for the future as explained in "A Stroll in the Country"?
(a) He hopes to win the war.
(b) He hopes to be a successful businessman.
(c) He hopes to have many children.
(d) He hopes to someday rule all of Italy.
12. Who goes in search of the mirror and is never seen again?
(a) The third dwarf.
(b) The eighth dwarf.
(c) The fourth dwarf.
(d) The sixth dwarf.
13. Where was Lucrezia going to throw her unwanted child in Part Two?
(a) Over a bridge.
(b) Over a boat.
(c) In the garbage.
(d) Over an aqueduct.
14. Why was Vicente thrown in the sea in Part Two?
(a) The fishermen believed he had brought them bad luck.
(b) He overheard top-secret information.
(c) He got into an argument with his brother.
(d) Lucrezia's bodyguard robbed him and ran off with the boat.
15. What does Prince Dschem claim to be in possession of in "Prince Dschem's Secret"?
(a) A branch from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
(b) A shocking secret about Lucrezia.
(c) The deed to Montefiore.
(d) A powerful youth elixor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bianca try to convince her father to do in "Don't Leave, Don't Follow"?
2. Why does Ludovico act strangely when Lucrezia visits Montefiore?
3. Who is Cesare Borgia's father?
4. Who does Ludovico resent in "The Three Eyes of God"?
5. Why does Lucrezia have to attend to the gooseboy in "Mirror Mirror"?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)