|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens every time Bianca tries to run away from Montefiore?
(a) She realizes she forgot something.
(b) She cannot cross the small footbridge.
(c) She is stopped by the people living at Montefiore.
(d) She grows hungry and quickly returns home.
2. Who is the author of "Mirror Mirror"?
(a) Ronald Dahl.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Gregory Maguire.
(d) Marlys Millhiser.
3. What does Primavera hear when she goes to find cooking oil in "A Walk in the Woods"?
(a) An argument between two men.
(b) A sweet melody.
(c) A commotion coming from the kitchen.
(d) The sound of crying.
4. What does Vicente forget while in prison?
(a) Simple math and common sense.
(b) How long he has been there and that he has a daughter.
(c) What year he was born.
(d) His name.
5. What world do the dwarves believe themselves to belong to?
(a) The hidden world.
(b) The natural world.
(c) The fantasy world.
(d) The imaginary world.
6. What does Lucrezia tell Ranuccio to do in Part Two?
(a) Sell the mirror.
(b) Build a secret chamber for her.
(c) Hunt the dwarves and bring them to her.
(d) Take Bianca to the woods and kill her.
7. What does Ranuccio kill in "The Heart of the Woods"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A deer.
8. What is Bianca's father doing at the lake in "The Name of the World"?
(a) Throwing trash into the water.
(b) Searching for a missing ring.
(c) Helping the crew remove boulders.
9. Which of the following best describes Lucrezia?
(a) Pretty and kind.
(b) Haughty and arrogant.
(c) Curious and generous.
(d) Simple and withdrawn.
10. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the dwarves?
11. Why does Bianca's father feel concerned and sad in "The Vision in San Francisco"?
(a) Because Bianca is ill.
(b) Because he is broke.
(c) Because Bianca is left alone.
(d) Because he misses his wife.
12. Why do dwarves go to church?
(a) To make them appear civilized.
(b) To steal bread and wine.
(c) To listen to the bells.
(d) To watch the humans.
13. Who are the Castedas and the Navarres?
(a) Bianca's parents' families.
(b) Rival families near Montefiore.
(c) Dangerous gangs in Italy.
(d) Lucrezia's past and present in-laws.
14. Why is Bianca shunned by the other girls living at the family home?
(a) Because she is clumsy and simple.
(b) Because she is the landowner's daughter.
(c) Because she is haughty.
(d) Because she is poor.
15. Who goes in search of the mirror and is never seen again?
(a) The third dwarf.
(b) The eighth dwarf.
(c) The fourth dwarf.
(d) The sixth dwarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the dwarves watching Bianca and her father in Part One?
2. What is the name of Bianca's mother?
3. Who tells Bianca to announce the visitors' arrival in "Trouble and His Sister"?
4. Who does Bianca's father meet in the church of San Francisco?
5. Who is Lucrezia?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)