|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Hosny Allam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hosny doing when Amer checks on noise in the hall?
(a) Leading an irate woman away.
(b) Singing off key at the top of his voice.
(c) Playing a guitar.
(d) Hitting a punch bag.
2. Who was Wagdi's late master?
(a) The Pasha
(b) Abu Wadi.
3. Why does Hosny think he should keep busy?
(a) To earn enough money to leave Egypt.
(b) So he does not have to be around the other boarders very much.
(c) To earn enough money to marry.
(d) To keep him from doing something stupid.
4. What is Amer's concern about Zohra?
(a) That she won't catch on quickly enough to her duties.
(b) That her family may try to take her home.
(c) That she may be pregnant.
(d) That she is ill.
5. What happened in Azhar in 1919?
(a) There is a plague that decimates the town.
(b) The Nile floods the town.
(c) There is a terrible earthquake.
(d) The British invade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pervades the group that gathers to listen to Umm Kulthum?
2. Where is Amer Wagdi's old residence?
3. Of what does Hosny become convinced after talking with Mariana about Zohra?
4. For what is Amer famous?
5. Which boarder is built like a wrestler?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)