|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sarhan al-Beheiry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hosny learn about Zohra at breakfast?
(a) Of Zohra's intention to learn to read.
(b) That her fiance from whom she was fleeing has found her.
(c) That her brother is coming for her that day.
(d) That she is leaving the Miramar.
2. What does he think Mariana is?
(a) A sweet grandmotherly matron.
(b) A scheming old woman.
(c) An aging madame.
(d) A retired school teacher.
3. What does Hosny decide about Zohra?
(a) That he would quickly tire of her.
(b) That he wants to marry her.
(c) That she is lying about her past.
(d) That she is too far beneath him for marriage.
4. Where does Mansour think Zohra should do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go to a University.
(c) Go home so her brothers can watch over her.
(d) Marry him.
5. What does Mariana do when Sarhan asks to rent a room?
(a) Pries and haggles.
(b) Flirts with him.
(c) Refuses him at first.
(d) Is obsequious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarhan declare has brought him and Zohra together?
2. What does Mahmoud want to buy?
3. What does Hosny do as he speeds through the city?
4. Who is Mansour's brother?
5. Where do Mansour and Doreya meet?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)