|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Keller lets Helen get away with things because he says that she is ________________.
2. Who is spying on Annie and Helen?
3. What time of year is it when Helen prepares to go on a trip?
4. Annie claims that she will insist on what?
5. According to Annie, to spoil Helen is to cause _________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James Keller is Captain Keller's son by his first marriage. James is the same age as Kate. What is the relationship between Kate and James? How does James relate to Helen? What part does James play in Helen's teaching and skill level? How does James help or hinder Annie's efforts?
Essay Topic 2
The scenes at the dinner table caused the most friction between Annie and Captain Keller. What did Captain Keller plan to do about Annie's disrespect? How did the Captain feel when James took Annie's side? What might have happened if Annie had given in to Captain Keller and permitted Helen to run wild like she did before?
Essay Topic 3
Annie's journey from Boston to Alabama was used as a metaphor to describe what action and emotion? What was the Keller carriage used to represent in regards to Annie? How did the carriage represent James? How did it represent the Kellers?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)