|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many words did Annie succeed in adding to Helen's vocabulary?
2. What does the hand to the cheek mean in sign language?
3. Annie says that without language Helen is being kept where?
4. Who pushes the wheelbarrow through the yard?
5. Keller says that talking to Helen is like talking to what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Annie took Helen to Boston with the intention of introducing Helen to the Institute as well as to the Blind Girls and Mr. Anagnos. Do you think Annie, Kate or Mr. Keller intended to enroll Helen at the Institute? If so, why didn't Helen stay? How did the girls and Anagnos relate to Helen? What was Helen's opinion on the place and people?
Essay Topic 2
The author describes Helen's appearance as well as her behaviors. Compare and contrast the two. Are those two main elements of Helen similar or opposite? How did Helen's appearance change as her behaviors began to change?
Essay Topic 3
Annie moved Helen out into the garden house so that they could be isolated from the rest of the family. What was the purpose in the move? What action did Annie take previously to confuse Helen? Did the plan work? How did Kate react?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)