|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Helen spell to Annie while sitting on her lap?
2. Who is asked to say grace?
3. Keller accuses Annie of lacking what emotion?
4. Captain Keller lets Helen get away with things because he says that she is ________________.
5. What topic do Keller and James argue about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Under the surface, Annie and Helen are quite a lot alike. Compare and contrast the personalities of each. Do the two complement each other? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Upon meeting Kate Keller, Annie said that she intended to teach Helen half of what an ordinary child might know. What was Kate's response and what was the conversation to follow? Whose opinion was correct in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Several times throughout the story, Annie separates Helen from Kate. Why? What kind of influence did Kate have on Helen? On Annie? Was Kate's influence more or less important or powerful that that of Captain Keller? What point did Annie prove by taking Helen to the garden house? Explain.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)