|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it when Helen prepares to go on a trip?
2. Captain Keller lets Helen get away with things because he says that she is ________________.
3. According to Anne, what allows a person to be human?
4. How do the blind girls feel about Helen's visit?
5. What did Anne often play with as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discipline was non-existent when it came to Helen. Why didn't the Kellers punish Helen for her unruly behavior? What was the common response to Helen's antics? How did Annie immediately change that aspect of the Kellers' household? What was the first step in changing Helen's behavior?
Essay Topic 2
James Keller is Captain Keller's son by his first marriage. James is the same age as Kate. What is the relationship between Kate and James? How does James relate to Helen? What part does James play in Helen's teaching and skill level? How does James help or hinder Annie's efforts?
Essay Topic 3
Annie's journey from Boston to Alabama was used as a metaphor to describe what action and emotion? What was the Keller carriage used to represent in regards to Annie? How did the carriage represent James? How did it represent the Kellers?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)