|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie refuse to stay at the school?
2. How many words did Annie succeed in adding to Helen's vocabulary?
3. What item is lying on the table next to Annie?
4. What number is taught to Helen at this point?
5. What word does Helen spell to Annie while sitting on her lap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several times throughout the story, Annie separates Helen from Kate. Why? What kind of influence did Kate have on Helen? On Annie? Was Kate's influence more or less important or powerful that that of Captain Keller? What point did Annie prove by taking Helen to the garden house? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Keller says that teaching Helen is like talking to a fence post. Annie disagrees and explains how she intends to teach Helen. What does Helen say? Is Mr. Keller being mean or realistic? How does Kate react? Does Helen know about their doubts? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Upon meeting Kate Keller, Annie said that she intended to teach Helen half of what an ordinary child might know. What was Kate's response and what was the conversation to follow? Whose opinion was correct in the end?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)