Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The family decides to contact a doctor in what city?
2. What is the gift presented by the doctor?
3. What business is Mr. Keller in?
4. What is the name of the director at the institute?
5. What item is featured first on the set?
Short Essay Questions
1. James meets Annie at the station, prepared to welcome her to Tuscumbia. Why is James the greeter and what part does the carriage play in the scene?
2. The first gift from the Blind Girls to Annie had a special significance. What was it?
3. Why does Annie become so furious at the Kellers' suggestions for treating Helen? What is Annie's method for teaching Helen in this case?
4. Why is it important that Annie lets Helen into her bedroom?
5. How does Helen react to the incident at the pump?
6. Why is there an argument over Helen at the dinner table?
7. Why does Annie want to take Helen out of the Kellers' house? Where do they go?
8. Why is Annie hesitant to take her first paycheck from Captain Keller?
9. Who recommends the oculist to Captain Keller? What is Keller's reaction to the suggestion that the doctor be contacted?
10. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
The scene at the water pump was a breakthrough in Annie's teaching. Explain the scene and how it affected Helen. What was the immediate result of the breakthrough? Examine how that one incident was responsible for Helen's ultimate success.
The author describes Helen's appearance as well as her behaviors. Compare and contrast the two. Are those two main elements of Helen similar or opposite? How did Helen's appearance change as her behaviors began to change?
Under the surface, Annie and Helen are quite a lot alike. Compare and contrast the personalities of each. Do the two complement each other? Explain.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)