|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children appear on the set of the Keller porch?
2. What word does James spell to tease Helen's teacher?
3. How will the helper get to the Keller house?
4. The doctor says Helen has the constitution of what animal?
5. The doctor advises the helper to be _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What helps Helen to write? What does Helen do with this newfound skill?
2. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
3. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
4. Why is Annie hesitant to take her first paycheck from Captain Keller?
5. What is the recommendation from Alexander Graham Bell to Captain Keller?
6. What is a surprising result of Helen's teaching in regards to Kate?
7. Why does Annie become so furious at the Kellers' suggestions for treating Helen? What is Annie's method for teaching Helen in this case?
8. Annie tells Kate that blindness and deafness are not Helen's worst handicaps. What are the real handicaps?
9. Why does Alexander Graham Bell refuse to help Helen?
10. Why does Annie want to take Helen out of the Kellers' house? Where do they go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Annie's journey from Boston to Alabama was used as a metaphor to describe what action and emotion? What was the Keller carriage used to represent in regards to Annie? How did the carriage represent James? How did it represent the Kellers?
Essay Topic 2
There is a highly effective method of using lighting on stage as well as in television. Cite at least three examples of how lighting was used as foreshadowing and how that knowledge affected the reader/viewer's perceptions.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the teleplay, Annie, Kate and Helen go to the Perkins Institute. Why did they make the trip? What was the plan once the trio arrived? Was the plan carried out? How did Anagnos respond to Helen, Annie, and Kate? What was Helen's opinion of the school and the Blind Girls? Where would Helen go next?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)