|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what geometric pattern is the stage set?
(a) In a circle
(c) In a square
2. What is the helper's expression when met for the first time?
3. How much will the helper be paid per month?
4. The clock shows what time when James spies on Annie and Helen?
5. How many operations did Annie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is the last to be X-ed out on the calendar?
2. What is the final set used in the play?
3. The doctor advises the helper to be _______________.
4. What does Mr. Keller bring for Helen?
5. What set is used for Anne's first private meeting with Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was James' purpose in choosing that particular Bible verse for grace? Why did Aunt Ev object?
2. James meets Annie at the station, prepared to welcome her to Tuscumbia. Why is James the greeter and what part does the carriage play in the scene?
3. Why does Helen return to her unruly ways at the dinner table?
4. Who recommends the oculist to Captain Keller? What is Keller's reaction to the suggestion that the doctor be contacted?
5. According to Annie the Perkins Institute helped her recover not only from blindness but from what other issue?
6. What is a surprising result of Helen's teaching in regards to Kate?
7. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
8. Several scenes are focused on letters written to various characters. Early on, Keller writes to Dr. Chisholm, who refers Keller to Alexander Graham Bell. What is the purpose of showing the exchanging of letters?
9. What do Annie and Helen do once they are at the water pump?
10. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)