|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is often in the foreground while others go about their actions in the periphery?
2. How many operations did Annie have?
3. What is Mr. Keller's first name?
4. What is the present from the Blind Girls?
(a) A watch
(b) A fancy handkerchief
(c) A group of sketches
(d) A pair of glasses
5. Helen uses what object to try and hit Anne?
(b) Hair brush
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is used by Anne to communicate to Helen?
2. What term is used to describe the Keller's living room?
3. What item aggravates Anne's eyes on the train?
4. In what geometric pattern is the stage set?
5. Which prop does not remain on the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. After spending time in Annie's room, Helen storms out and locks the door, leaving Annie trapped. What is the purpose of the locked door?
2. What was James' purpose in choosing that particular Bible verse for grace? Why did Aunt Ev object?
3. What is one of the main concerns of Anagnos regarding Annie Sullivan's position as governess with the Kellers?
4. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
5. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
6. What is a surprising result of Helen's teaching in regards to Kate?
7. James meets Annie at the station, prepared to welcome her to Tuscumbia. Why is James the greeter and what part does the carriage play in the scene?
8. In the scene in the garden with Captain Keller, Helen is the focus while there is a lot of action in the background. What is the purpose of this arrangement?
9. Several scenes are focused on letters written to various characters. Early on, Keller writes to Dr. Chisholm, who refers Keller to Alexander Graham Bell. What is the purpose of showing the exchanging of letters?
10. What is the purpose of dividing the stage into quadrants?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)