|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen has a history of exhibiting what characteristic?
2. What is the helper's expression when met for the first time?
3. In what geometric pattern is the stage set?
(b) In a circle
(c) In a square
4. What is the name of the woman on stage in the beginning?
5. Where is Annie hit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets the helper upon her arrival?
2. Kate is the first to notice that the baby is ______________.
3. What date is marked out on the calendar?
4. What is the name of the town where the Kellers live?
5. What item does Kate bring to Annie and Helen's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
2. What is Dr. Howe's diagnosis for Helen and his advice for her recovery?
3. What is Kate's reason for not disciplining Helen?
4. Helen makes several attempts to get attention from each member of the family. What does she do to get attention and what are the results?
5. Why does Annie become so furious at the Kellers' suggestions for treating Helen? What is Annie's method for teaching Helen in this case?
6. One of the main props for Annie is the pair of glasses with smoked lenses. Why are the glasses important?
7. The first gift from the Blind Girls to Annie had a special significance. What was it?
8. Why does Annie insist that Helen refill the water pitcher instead of allowing the servants to do it?
9. Why do you think the focus in the beginning comes from Helen as she stares out of her crib?
10. What is one of the main concerns of Anagnos regarding Annie Sullivan's position as governess with the Kellers?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)