|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of Helen's is snatched up by the dog?
2. What is the front left area left open for?
(b) Alternate settings
3. What is the gift presented by the doctor?
(a) Hair ribbons
(b) Writing tablet
4. What set is used for Anne's first private meeting with Helen?
(b) Garden House
5. What year does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kate is the first to notice that the baby is ______________.
2. What is Mr. Keller's first name?
3. What is the present from the Blind Girls?
4. What is the name of the aunt?
5. What is the name of the director at the institute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexander Graham Bell refuse to help Helen?
2. What is the purpose of dividing the stage into quadrants?
3. What is a surprising result of Helen's teaching in regards to Kate?
4. One of the most powerful scenes in the play is the interaction with the water pump. Why is this scene/set so important?
5. How does the author describe Helen? Does Helen's physical appearance give any signs to her infirmities?
6. Why does Annie keep Helen from returning to Kate the minute they return to the house?
7. What happens after Helen speaks?
8. Martha gives scissors to Helen as the children cut out paper dolls on the porch. Why would Martha do that and what is Helen's reaction?
9. Why does Annie insist that Helen refill the water pitcher instead of allowing the servants to do it?
10. Why is it important that Annie lets Helen into her bedroom?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)