|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item is featured first on the set?
2. Where is Annie hit?
3. Kate is the first to notice that the baby is ______________.
4. Who is chosen to help Helen?
5. What is the first word taught to Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item(s) does the older gentleman hold in his hands?
2. How many children appear on the set of the Keller porch?
3. Keller tells a story of Kate being trapped in what room?
4. What business is Mr. Keller in?
5. What is supposedly wrong with the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Annie and Helen spend a long time in the dining room in a battle of wills. What does Annie manage to teach Helen?
2. The setting often requires focusing in closely on the faces of the characters. Why is it important to show Martha's mouth?
3. What was James' purpose in choosing that particular Bible verse for grace? Why did Aunt Ev object?
4. How do the Kellers realize that Helen is blind and deaf?
5. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
6. How does Helen react to the incident at the pump?
7. After spending time in Annie's room, Helen storms out and locks the door, leaving Annie trapped. What is the purpose of the locked door?
8. Annie tells Kate Keller that she has three advantages over Dr. Howe when it comes to teaching Helen. What are they?
9. Why is there an argument over Helen at the dinner table?
10. What is Dr. Howe's diagnosis for Helen and his advice for her recovery?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)