|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is supposedly wrong with the baby?
(a) Multiple contusions
(b) Acute congestion
(c) Scarlet Fever
2. What date is marked out on the calendar?
(a) May 16
(b) October 4
(c) March 12
(d) December 9
3. What does Mr. Keller bring for Helen?
4. Who greets the helper upon her arrival?
5. What item of Helen's is snatched up by the dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift presented by the doctor?
2. How old is the chosen helper?
3. How will the helper get to the Keller house?
4. What accent is used by the characters?
5. What object is used to transport Helen's things?
Short Essay Questions
1. Percy is interested in learning how to play "the finger game" with Helen. How does Helen know that it is not Annie's hand? How does Helen react?
2. Who makes the original suggestion that Helen should be put in an asylum? How do Helen's parents react?
3. What is the purpose of letting Helen play with the beads and string?
4. Why is Annie hesitant to take her first paycheck from Captain Keller?
5. How does the author describe Helen? Does Helen's physical appearance give any signs to her infirmities?
6. Martha gives scissors to Helen as the children cut out paper dolls on the porch. Why would Martha do that and what is Helen's reaction?
7. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
8. Annie tells Kate Keller that she has three advantages over Dr. Howe when it comes to teaching Helen. What are they?
9. What is a surprising result of Helen's teaching in regards to Kate?
10. Why do you think the focus in the beginning comes from Helen as she stares out of her crib?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)