|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prop is often used as a metaphor for emotional separation of the characters?
2. Which city does not appear on the signs during the trip?
3. What is the name of Helen's doctor?
4. What is the occupation of the elderly gentleman in the room?
(b) Delivery Man
5. What does Mr. Keller bring for Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift presented by the doctor?
2. What year does the story begin?
3. What is the final set used in the play?
4. What is the name of the town where the Kellers live?
5. What appears in the back of the set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Annie and Helen do once they are at the water pump?
2. How do you think Annie's letters affected the set(s)?
3. Annie and Helen spend a long time in the dining room in a battle of wills. What does Annie manage to teach Helen?
4. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
5. Martha gives scissors to Helen as the children cut out paper dolls on the porch. Why would Martha do that and what is Helen's reaction?
6. What is Dr. Howe's diagnosis for Helen and his advice for her recovery?
7. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
8. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
9. What is one of the main concerns of Anagnos regarding Annie Sullivan's position as governess with the Kellers?
10. What is the recommendation from Alexander Graham Bell to Captain Keller?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)