|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is used to transport Helen's things?
(b) Hand cart
2. Who is chosen to help Helen?
3. What present do the Blind Girls give to Helen?
(b) Sewing card
4. What business is Mr. Keller in?
5. What object does Anne use to begin to teach Helen to spell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Helen's doctor?
2. What will be the first thing Helen will be taught?
3. What food item does Helen practice with in Act 2?
4. Where was the departing point for the trip?
5. Which character is often in the foreground while others go about their actions in the periphery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the focus in the beginning comes from Helen as she stares out of her crib?
2. Why is it important that Annie lets Helen into her bedroom?
3. What is the recommendation from Alexander Graham Bell to Captain Keller?
4. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
5. What is Dr. Howe's diagnosis for Helen and his advice for her recovery?
6. Helen makes several attempts to get attention from each member of the family. What does she do to get attention and what are the results?
7. What is a surprising result of Helen's teaching in regards to Kate?
8. What does Annie claim is her biggest problem in regards to Helen's behavior?
9. According to Annie the Perkins Institute helped her recover not only from blindness but from what other issue?
10. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)