|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Keller tells a story of Kate being trapped in what room?
2. What object does Anne use to begin to teach Helen to spell?
3. What item of clothing does Helen wear at the first meeting?
4. What object is a common item used on set?
5. What set is used for Anne's first private meeting with Helen?
(b) Garden House
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is used to transport Helen's things?
2. What is the name of the aunt?
3. Who/what is the focus of attention for the characters?
4. What is the name of the town where the Kellers live?
5. What is the front left area left open for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Kellers realize that Helen is blind and deaf?
2. Why does James feel ashamed at seeing the activity in the garden house?
3. Helen makes several attempts to get attention from each member of the family. What does she do to get attention and what are the results?
4. Annie does not intend to tell the Kellers about her history. What is Anagnos' advice on the matter?
5. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
6. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
7. In the scene in the garden with Captain Keller, Helen is the focus while there is a lot of action in the background. What is the purpose of this arrangement?
8. How does Helen react to the incident at the pump?
9. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
10. Annie tells Kate Keller that she has three advantages over Dr. Howe when it comes to teaching Helen. What are they?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)