|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie drop to get Helen's attention?
2. The doctor says Helen has the constitution of what animal?
3. What set is used for Anne's first private meeting with Helen?
(c) Garden House
4. What date is marked out on the calendar?
(a) May 16
(b) December 9
(c) October 4
(d) March 12
5. What term is used to describe the Keller's living room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Keller bring for Helen?
2. What does Helen do when she leaves Annie's room?
3. What is Mr. Keller's title?
4. It is quickly learned that Helen does not have what?
5. To whom is Keller referred?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the main concerns of Anagnos regarding Annie Sullivan's position as governess with the Kellers?
2. What starts the battle in the dining room? How do the Kellers react?
3. Annie and Helen spend a long time in the dining room in a battle of wills. What does Annie manage to teach Helen?
4. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
5. What is the significance of the sewing card? How does Helen show that she wants to do it on her own?
6. How do the Kellers realize that Helen is blind and deaf?
7. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
8. Several scenes are focused on letters written to various characters. Early on, Keller writes to Dr. Chisholm, who refers Keller to Alexander Graham Bell. What is the purpose of showing the exchanging of letters?
9. Why do you think the focus in the beginning comes from Helen as she stares out of her crib?
10. According to Annie, what makes a person human?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)