|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kate is the first to notice that the baby is ______________.
2. What will be the first thing Helen will be taught?
(b) How to walk
3. What is the front left area left open for?
(a) Alternate settings
4. What word is used to describe Mr. Keller?
5. Which affliction is not related to Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog belongs to the family?
2. What is supposedly wrong with the baby?
3. What term is used to describe the Keller's living room?
4. What object is a common item used on set?
5. Who is James?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was James' purpose in choosing that particular Bible verse for grace? Why did Aunt Ev object?
2. What is Helen's reaction to going to bed on the first night at the garden house? How does Annie deal with the situation?
3. How do the Kellers realize that Helen is blind and deaf?
4. How does the author describe Helen? Does Helen's physical appearance give any signs to her infirmities?
5. What is the purpose of letting Helen play with the beads and string?
6. Why does Annie become so furious at the Kellers' suggestions for treating Helen? What is Annie's method for teaching Helen in this case?
7. One of the most powerful scenes in the play is the interaction with the water pump. Why is this scene/set so important?
8. According to Annie the Perkins Institute helped her recover not only from blindness but from what other issue?
9. One of the main props for Annie is the pair of glasses with smoked lenses. Why are the glasses important?
10. What caused Annie's delay in arriving in Alabama?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)