|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen do when she leaves Annie's room?
(b) Breaks a lamp
(c) Kicks the dog
(d) Locks the door
2. How many operations did Annie have?
3. What is the name of the aunt?
4. What item(s) does the older gentleman hold in his hands?
(b) Bag of money
5. What year does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is a common item used on set?
2. What is the name of the woman on stage in the beginning?
3. The clock shows what time when James spies on Annie and Helen?
4. How many children appear on the set of the Keller porch?
5. How old are the Blind Girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
2. The first gift from the Blind Girls to Annie had a special significance. What was it?
3. What does Annie claim is her biggest problem in regards to Helen's behavior?
4. Who makes the original suggestion that Helen should be put in an asylum? How do Helen's parents react?
5. Why does Annie insist that Helen refill the water pitcher instead of allowing the servants to do it?
6. Martha gives scissors to Helen as the children cut out paper dolls on the porch. Why would Martha do that and what is Helen's reaction?
7. Several scenes are focused on letters written to various characters. Early on, Keller writes to Dr. Chisholm, who refers Keller to Alexander Graham Bell. What is the purpose of showing the exchanging of letters?
8. What happens after Helen speaks?
9. Annie tells Kate Keller that she has three advantages over Dr. Howe when it comes to teaching Helen. What are they?
10. Why is there an argument over Helen at the dinner table?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)