|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used to describe the Keller's living room?
2. Where does the meeting of Anne and Helen take place?
(d) Train depot
3. What does Helen attack with the scissors?
(a) Living room curtains
(b) Martha's hair
(c) Her clothes
(d) Family dog
4. What is the name of the Institute that may be able to help Helen?
5. What is the name of the Negro boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is featured first on the set?
2. The doctor says Helen has the constitution of what animal?
3. What animal does Helen imitate?
4. What food item does Helen practice with in Act 2?
5. What is the final set used in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the sewing card? How does Helen show that she wants to do it on her own?
2. Martha gives scissors to Helen as the children cut out paper dolls on the porch. Why would Martha do that and what is Helen's reaction?
3. What is the purpose of dividing the stage into quadrants?
4. One of the main props for Annie is the pair of glasses with smoked lenses. Why are the glasses important?
5. How does Helen react when Annie touches her face? Why?
6. Several scenes are focused on letters written to various characters. Early on, Keller writes to Dr. Chisholm, who refers Keller to Alexander Graham Bell. What is the purpose of showing the exchanging of letters?
7. Percy is interested in learning how to play "the finger game" with Helen. How does Helen know that it is not Annie's hand? How does Helen react?
8. What does Captain Keller attribute Helen's behavior to at the table?
9. According to Annie, what makes a person human?
10. What is one of the main concerns of Anagnos regarding Annie Sullivan's position as governess with the Kellers?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)