|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used to describe the Keller's living room?
2. What is supposedly wrong with the baby?
(a) Multiple contusions
(b) Acute congestion
(d) Scarlet Fever
3. Anne objects to Helen's behavior surrounding what prop?
(b) Dogfood bowl
(c) Dinner table
(d) Sewing box
4. What object is a common item used on set?
5. Which prop does not remain on the stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Helen's doctor?
2. What appears in the back of the set?
3. A minimal set allows for what?
4. What time of day does the play open?
5. What will be the first thing Helen will be taught?
Short Essay Questions
1. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
2. Why do you think the focus in the beginning comes from Helen as she stares out of her crib?
3. Annie tells Kate that blindness and deafness are not Helen's worst handicaps. What are the real handicaps?
4. What is the purpose of letting Helen play with the beads and string?
5. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
6. Why does Annie insist that Helen refill the water pitcher instead of allowing the servants to do it?
7. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
8. James meets Annie at the station, prepared to welcome her to Tuscumbia. Why is James the greeter and what part does the carriage play in the scene?
9. Percy is interested in learning how to play "the finger game" with Helen. How does Helen know that it is not Annie's hand? How does Helen react?
10. Why does James feel ashamed at seeing the activity in the garden house?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)