|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the set James is viewing?
(d) Neat as a pin
2. What is the name of the Institute that may be able to help Helen?
3. What does Helen do when she leaves Annie's room?
(a) Breaks a lamp
(b) Kicks the dog
(d) Locks the door
4. What food item does Helen practice with in Act 2?
5. What appears in the back of the set?
(b) The Kellers' house
(c) Helen Keller
(d) Annie Sullivan
Short Answer Questions
1. Which prop does not remain on the stage?
2. To whom is Keller referred?
3. Which affliction is not related to Helen?
4. Which character is often in the foreground while others go about their actions in the periphery?
5. What is supposedly wrong with the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen return to her unruly ways at the dinner table?
2. What caused Annie's delay in arriving in Alabama?
3. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
4. Why does Annie insist that Helen refill the water pitcher instead of allowing the servants to do it?
5. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
6. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
7. What does Captain Keller attribute Helen's behavior to at the table?
8. Why is Annie hesitant to take her first paycheck from Captain Keller?
9. Several scenes are focused on letters written to various characters. Early on, Keller writes to Dr. Chisholm, who refers Keller to Alexander Graham Bell. What is the purpose of showing the exchanging of letters?
10. Why does Alexander Graham Bell refuse to help Helen?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)