|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie uses a dictionary to write out what word?
2. What is the second word Helen learns?
3. What does Annie drop to get Helen's attention?
4. What year does the story begin?
5. What object is used to teach Helen to write?
(a) Sewing card
(b) Knitting needle
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Keller referred?
2. What is the name of the Negro boy?
3. What is the occupation of the elderly gentleman in the room?
4. What is Mr. Keller's first name?
5. What is the final set used in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Annie hesitant to take her first paycheck from Captain Keller?
2. After spending time in Annie's room, Helen storms out and locks the door, leaving Annie trapped. What is the purpose of the locked door?
3. Why does Helen return to her unruly ways at the dinner table?
4. Annie tells Kate that blindness and deafness are not Helen's worst handicaps. What are the real handicaps?
5. One of the most powerful scenes in the play is the interaction with the water pump. Why is this scene/set so important?
6. Why is Captain Keller surprised by James' reaction to Annie's outburst?
7. Why is it important that Annie lets Helen into her bedroom?
8. One of the main props for Annie is the pair of glasses with smoked lenses. Why are the glasses important?
9. What do Annie and Helen do once they are at the water pump?
10. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)