|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is chosen to help Helen?
2. What object is a common item used on set?
3. In what geometric pattern is the stage set?
(a) In a circle
(b) In a square
4. The doctor says Helen has the constitution of what animal?
5. What is the name of Helen's doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the Blind Girls?
2. Who/what is the focus of attention for the characters?
3. Which prop does not remain on the stage?
4. What is the second word Helen learns?
5. A minimal set allows for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie want to take Helen out of the Kellers' house? Where do they go?
2. How do the Kellers realize that Helen is blind and deaf?
3. Percy is interested in learning how to play "the finger game" with Helen. How does Helen know that it is not Annie's hand? How does Helen react?
4. The setting often requires focusing in closely on the faces of the characters. Why is it important to show Martha's mouth?
5. Why does Annie keep Helen from returning to Kate the minute they return to the house?
6. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
7. Why is there an argument over Helen at the dinner table?
8. What is Helen's reaction to going to bed on the first night at the garden house? How does Annie deal with the situation?
9. How does Helen react to the incident at the pump?
10. How does Helen react when Annie touches her face? Why?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)