|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Anne's glasses?
(b) Lens is missing
(d) Without frames
2. What object does Anne use to begin to teach Helen to spell?
3. What is Mr. Keller's first name?
4. What date is marked out on the calendar?
(a) May 16
(b) October 4
(c) December 9
(d) March 12
5. Annie uses a dictionary to write out what word?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Helen continue to throw on the floor?
2. The doctor says Helen has the constitution of what animal?
3. What animal does Helen imitate?
4. What time of day does the play open?
5. What business is Mr. Keller in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helps Helen to write? What does Helen do with this newfound skill?
2. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
3. Who makes the original suggestion that Helen should be put in an asylum? How do Helen's parents react?
4. According to Annie, what makes a person human?
5. Who recommends the oculist to Captain Keller? What is Keller's reaction to the suggestion that the doctor be contacted?
6. What was James' purpose in choosing that particular Bible verse for grace? Why did Aunt Ev object?
7. Many scenes take place around the dining room table. What is the purpose of using this set?
8. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
9. According to Annie the Perkins Institute helped her recover not only from blindness but from what other issue?
10. What does Captain Keller attribute Helen's behavior to at the table?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)