|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many operations did Annie have?
2. Where is Annie hit?
3. What is Mr. Keller's title?
4. How old is the chosen helper?
5. Helen has a history of exhibiting what characteristic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does not appear on the signs during the trip?
2. Where does the meeting of Anne and Helen take place?
3. What word best describes the set James is viewing?
4. What is the name of the woman on stage in the beginning?
5. Who/what is the focus of attention for the characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of dividing the stage into quadrants?
2. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
3. The first gift from the Blind Girls to Annie had a special significance. What was it?
4. What is Dr. Howe's diagnosis for Helen and his advice for her recovery?
5. What is Kate's argument regarding the item Helen has thrown on the floor?
6. Percy is interested in learning how to play "the finger game" with Helen. How does Helen know that it is not Annie's hand? How does Helen react?
7. What is Helen's reaction to going to bed on the first night at the garden house? How does Annie deal with the situation?
8. Why does Annie become so furious at the Kellers' suggestions for treating Helen? What is Annie's method for teaching Helen in this case?
9. The setting often requires focusing in closely on the faces of the characters. Why is it important to show Martha's mouth?
10. According to Annie the Perkins Institute helped her recover not only from blindness but from what other issue?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)