|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Kate bring to Annie and Helen's place?
(b) Bird cage
(c) Writing tablet
2. What is Mr. Keller's title?
3. The family decides to contact a doctor in what city?
4. Keller tells a story of Kate being trapped in what room?
5. What appears in the back of the set?
(a) Annie Sullivan
(c) Helen Keller
(d) The Kellers' house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the helper's expression when met for the first time?
2. The Kellers are amazed when Helen learns to use what item?
3. Helen uses what object to try and hit Anne?
4. Which character is often in the foreground while others go about their actions in the periphery?
5. What day is the last to be X-ed out on the calendar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Annie and Helen spend a long time in the dining room in a battle of wills. What does Annie manage to teach Helen?
2. What is the significance of the sewing card? How does Helen show that she wants to do it on her own?
3. What does Captain Keller attribute Helen's behavior to at the table?
4. Why does Helen return to her unruly ways at the dinner table?
5. One of the main props for Annie is the pair of glasses with smoked lenses. Why are the glasses important?
6. Why does Annie want to take Helen out of the Kellers' house? Where do they go?
7. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
8. What is the purpose of letting Helen play with the beads and string?
9. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
10. Helen makes several attempts to get attention from each member of the family. What does she do to get attention and what are the results?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)