|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mr. Keller?
2. What term is used to describe the Keller's living room?
3. What is supposedly wrong with the baby?
(a) Multiple contusions
(b) Acute congestion
(d) Scarlet Fever
4. What is Mr. Keller's first name?
5. Who invented the alphabet taught to Helen?
(a) French missionaries
(b) Institute for the Blind
(c) Spanish monks
(d) Dr. Howe
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does James spell to tease Helen's teacher?
2. What is the first word taught to Helen?
3. What word best describes the set James is viewing?
4. The doctor advises the helper to be _______________.
5. What item aggravates Anne's eyes on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the main concerns of Anagnos regarding Annie Sullivan's position as governess with the Kellers?
2. Why is there an argument over Helen at the dinner table?
3. Who makes the original suggestion that Helen should be put in an asylum? How do Helen's parents react?
4. How does Helen react when Annie touches her face? Why?
5. Who recommends the oculist to Captain Keller? What is Keller's reaction to the suggestion that the doctor be contacted?
6. Why is a great deal of the focus placed on Helen's face?
7. What caused Annie's delay in arriving in Alabama?
8. Why does Annie keep Helen from returning to Kate the minute they return to the house?
9. Why does James feel ashamed at seeing the activity in the garden house?
10. Why is Annie hesitant to take her first paycheck from Captain Keller?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)