|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invented the alphabet taught to Helen?
(a) French missionaries
(b) Spanish monks
(c) Institute for the Blind
(d) Dr. Howe
2. Where is Annie hit?
3. What is the helper's expression when met for the first time?
4. What item does Kate bring to Annie and Helen's place?
(a) Bird cage
(d) Writing tablet
5. How many operations did Annie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the set James is viewing?
2. What item(s) does the older gentleman hold in his hands?
3. What item does Helen continue to throw on the floor?
4. What day is the last to be X-ed out on the calendar?
5. What item of Helen's is snatched up by the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
2. Why is Captain Keller surprised by James' reaction to Annie's outburst?
3. Why is it important that Annie lets Helen into her bedroom?
4. What might have happened to Helen if Annie had not taken the job?
5. Why does Annie become so furious at the Kellers' suggestions for treating Helen? What is Annie's method for teaching Helen in this case?
6. Why is there an argument over Helen at the dinner table?
7. What is Kate's reason for not disciplining Helen?
8. What helps Helen to write? What does Helen do with this newfound skill?
9. According to Annie, what makes a person human?
10. What happens after Helen speaks?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)