|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie drop to get Helen's attention?
2. What item does Kate bring to Annie and Helen's place?
(b) Bird cage
(d) Writing tablet
3. What is the name of Helen's doctor?
4. What item of clothing does Helen wear at the first meeting?
5. Kate is the first to notice that the baby is ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Keller's first name?
2. Where was the departing point for the trip?
3. What is the gift presented by the doctor?
4. How old is Mr. Keller?
5. Which prop does not remain on the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie insist that Helen refill the water pitcher instead of allowing the servants to do it?
2. One of the most powerful scenes in the play is the interaction with the water pump. Why is this scene/set so important?
3. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
4. Why is it important that Annie lets Helen into her bedroom?
5. Why does James feel ashamed at seeing the activity in the garden house?
6. How do you think Annie's letters affected the set(s)?
7. What is one of the main concerns of Anagnos regarding Annie Sullivan's position as governess with the Kellers?
8. What helps Helen to write? What does Helen do with this newfound skill?
9. Martha gives scissors to Helen as the children cut out paper dolls on the porch. Why would Martha do that and what is Helen's reaction?
10. The sets often include the presence of Belle, the family's setter. What is the purpose of including the dog?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)