|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much will the helper be paid per month?
2. What prop is often used as a metaphor for emotional separation of the characters?
3. How is the Perkins Institute introduced into the set?
(a) With a phone call
(b) With a letter
(d) By a doctor's visit
4. How many children appear on the set of the Keller porch?
5. What will the helper's title be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item does Helen practice with in Act 2?
2. What is Mr. Keller's first name?
3. What is the first word taught to Helen?
4. What object is used to teach Helen to write?
5. What is the name of Helen's doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of letting Helen play with the beads and string?
2. What does Captain Keller attribute Helen's behavior to at the table?
3. Why do you think the play opened with Dr. Howe examining Helen?
4. Annie does not intend to tell the Kellers about her history. What is Anagnos' advice on the matter?
5. Why is Captain Keller surprised by James' reaction to Annie's outburst?
6. Why does Annie insist that Helen refill the water pitcher instead of allowing the servants to do it?
7. Why does James feel ashamed at seeing the activity in the garden house?
8. What is Helen's reaction to going to bed on the first night at the garden house? How does Annie deal with the situation?
9. Helen makes several attempts to get attention from each member of the family. What does she do to get attention and what are the results?
10. What is the incident between Helen and Martha on the porch? How could the incident have been prevented?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)