|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Martha and Percy get from Helen?
(a) Old toys
(b) A punch
(c) Wrapping paper
(d) Chicken pox
2. What city is the focus of the conversation between James and Keller?
3. Who asks to learn Helen's new language?
4. Which of the following items is NOT thrown by Helen during dinner?
5. Aunt Ev chides Annie for what behavior?
6. Keller accuses Annie of lacking what emotion?
7. Annie tries to teach Helen how to make what item?
(b) Her bed
8. What is the purpose of the needle and thread?
(a) To learn to spell
(b) To mend Helen's dress
(c) To stitch a cut on Helen's arm
(d) To make new curtains
9. Which of the materials is not part of the lesson for Helen?
10. How does Helen attempt to hurt Annie?
(a) By stepping on her foot
(b) By throwing a plate
(c) By screaming
(d) By pinching her
11. What item is not present in the room during Helen's lesson?
(b) Wash stand
12. According to Helen, words can be the soul's _____________.
13. What has Annie managed to teach Helen?
(a) Hot and cold
(b) Dog and cat
(c) Yes and no
(d) Mother and father
14. Who comes to Annie's defense?
15. What action of Helen's does Annie find objectionable?
(a) Dumping milk on the floor
(c) Hitting James
(d) Taking food from plates
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the style of Helen's handwriting?
2. According to Anne, what allows a person to be human?
3. What word was used to demonstrate the card to the Kellers?
4. Why does Annie refuse to stay at the school?
5. What item is lying on the table next to Annie?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)