|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Keller refer to Annie?
(a) Yankee snip
(b) Mismanaged nanny
(c) Arrogant brat
(d) Petulant child
2. Who comes to Annie's defense?
3. Helen has a bad habit of ___________________.
(a) Kicking the dog
(b) Punching Annie
(c) Throwing things
4. Who argues about the choice of prayer?
(b) Aunt Ev
(c) Capt. Keller
5. Captain Keller lets Helen get away with things because he says that she is ________________.
6. Which of these things is not used to describe the soul?
7. What item does Kate mend while sitting on the porch?
8. Who asks to learn Helen's new language?
9. To whom does Annie communicate on a regular basis?
(b) Dr. Howe
(d) Her brother
10. Who congratulates Annie on her success?
11. What time of year is it when Helen prepares to go on a trip?
12. How will Annie and Helen get to their destination?
(b) Steam car
(d) Take a bus
13. What is the purpose of the needle and thread?
(a) To mend Helen's dress
(b) To make new curtains
(c) To learn to spell
(d) To stitch a cut on Helen's arm
14. What city is the focus of the conversation between James and Keller?
15. What was Helen's first word as a baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic do Keller and James argue about?
2. Which of the materials is not part of the lesson for Helen?
3. Keller accuses Annie of lacking what emotion?
4. What is the style of Helen's handwriting?
5. How do the blind girls feel about Helen's visit?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)