• Play was originally adapted in 1957.
• Main source was collection of Annie's letters.
• Stage is cut diagonally.
• First scene is in nighttime.
• The only props are a crib, a blanket and the doctor's stethoscope.
• People on set are Kate Keller, Captain Arthur Keller, Helen, and Dr. Howe.
• The location is in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
• The year is 1880.
• Other scenes take place in the yard, dining room, bedroom, and the Perkins Institute.
• Setting often focuses on one main character with action in the periphery.
• Dr. Howe tells the Kellers that Helen will recover.
• Helen plays with the other children.
• Helen exhibits unruly behavior.
• The family discusses placing Helen in an asylum.
• No one knows how to discipline Helen.
• The family contacts several doctors and finally gets in touch with the director of the Perkins Institute
• Anagnos chooses a governess for Helen.
• Annie Sullivan prepares to go to Alabama...
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)