* Play was originally adapted in 1957.
* Main source was collection of Annie's letters.
* Stage is cut diagonally.
* First scene is in nighttime.
* The only props are a crib, a blanket and the doctor's stethoscope.
* People on set are Kate Keller, Captain Arthur Keller, Helen, and Dr. Howe.
* The location is in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
* The year is 1880.
* Other scenes take place in the yard, dining room, bedroom, and the Perkins Institute.
* Setting often focuses on one main character with action in the periphery.
* Dr. Howe tells the Kellers that Helen will recover.
* Helen plays with the other children.
* Helen exhibits unruly behavior.
* The family discusses placing Helen in an asylum.
* No one knows how to discipline Helen.
* The family contacts several doctors and finally gets in touch with the director of the Perkins Institute
* Anagnos chooses a governess for Helen.
* Annie Sullivan prepares to go to Alabama...
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)