|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Foreigners in Congress. The Ten Miles Square..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which "firebrands" of the American Revolution are absent from the Convention?
(a) Patrick Henry and Sam Adams.
(b) George Washington and Patrick Henry.
(c) Sam Adams and Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.
2. What forms the basis of the Convention's procedure?
(a) The Pennsylvania Constitution.
(b) The Magna Carta.
(c) The Virginia Resolves.
(d) The Articles of Confederation.
3. What American diversion does Chevalier de Chastelleux experience while in Connecticut?
(a) Hunting wild turkey.
(b) Clearing timber for farmland.
(c) Squirrel hunting.
(d) Horse racing.
4. Why is Thomas Jefferson absent from the Convention?
(a) He is in New York, meeting with Congress.
(b) He is in London arranging treaties and dealing with foreign governments.
(c) He is in Paris arranging treaties and dealing with foreign governments.
(d) He does not want to leave his farm in Virginia.
5. Why does Dr. Franklin argue for a plural executive?
(a) He believes a plural executive better reflects the interest of all the states.
(b) He believes a single executive becomes ill and unable to conduct public affairs.
(c) He believes a single executive inflames the British.
(d) He wants to share the position with George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Convention meet?
2. Who writes the Virginia Act approving a Federal Convention?
3. Who is elected the president of the Convention?
4. Which state comes prepared to oppose proportional representation?
5. In Chapter 10, the delegates vote that senators are chosen by whom?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)