|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tension Mounts. Europe and America..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Patterson of New Jersey ask for time in mid June?
(a) To develop and gather support for an alternative to the Virginia Plan.
(b) To prepare a draft of the Constitution for the Committee of the Whole.
(c) To discuss Convention matters with other delegates from his state.
(d) To return home and take care of his family.
2. Which delegate is born in Scotland and signs the Declaration of Independence?
(a) Pierce Butler.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) John Rutledge.
(d) John Dickinson.
3. What two types of documents do Convention delegates have to guide their discussion of states' rights?
(a) The Articles of the Confederation and the Declaration of Independence.
(b) The state constitutions and the Articles of the Confederation.
(c) The Articles of the Confederation and the Bill of Rights.
(d) The state constitutions and the Declaration of Independence.
4. On July second, what question does the delegates vote on?
(a) Are states allowed to engage in trade with Europe?
(b) Are additional states allowed into the Union?
(c) Do states elect their Senators through a popular vote?
(d) Do states have an equal vote in the Senate?
5. Why does New Hampshire delay in sending delegates to the Convention?
(a) There are no delegates elected until after the Convention begins.
(b) There is no money in the treasury to pay expenses.
(c) The delegates are all participating in the Congressional session.
(d) The state government does not agree with the premises of the Convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do delegates see if they visit Carpenters' Hall?
2. What question is considered at the first Saturday meeting of the quorum?
3. In Chapter Eight, what startling statement is attributed to Franklin?
4. What is the result of Dr. Franklin's speech on representation as described in Chapter Eight?
5. Why is no argument made against Hamilton's speech?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)