|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tension Mounts. Europe and America..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Franklin arrive at the State House?
(a) In a sedan chair.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horseback.
2. By the events of Chapter 11, how is the balloting taking place?
(a) Only in state caucuses.
(b) Only in the Committee of the Whole.
(c) In the full Convention.
(d) In smaller sub-committees.
3. Why isn't the Convention called the Constitutional Convention?
(a) The Constitution is not written until after the Convention is over.
(b) The Convention does not discuss the development of a Constitution.
(c) The initial purpose is to revise the Articles of Confederation, not to write a Constitution.
(d) The Constitution is already drafted, and the Convention is held to discuss the draft.
4. According to the Convention rules, how many states make a quorum?
5. Why does New Hampshire delay in sending delegates to the Convention?
(a) The state government does not agree with the premises of the Convention.
(b) There is no money in the treasury to pay expenses.
(c) The delegates are all participating in the Congressional session.
(d) There are no delegates elected until after the Convention begins.
Short Answer Questions
1. On June 19th, which delegate begins the day by arguing against the New Jersey Plan?
2. What is Jefferson's position regarding Shay's Rebellion?
3. What two types of documents do Convention delegates have to guide their discussion of states' rights?
4. At the beginning of the Convention, Governor Morris reads a letter from whom?
5. Why is Thomas Jefferson absent from the Convention?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)