|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Jersey Plan. Alexander Hamilton Makes his Speech. June 15-19..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is important about the reading of state credentials?
(a) Reading the state credentials make the actions legal under the Articles of Confederation.
(b) The state credentials reveal signs of the way the states are thinking at the start of the discussion.
(c) Reading the state credentials give everyone a chance to get used to the regional differences in speech and accent.
(d) The state credentials allow the delegates to introduce themselves, because they are all strangers.
2. Who is elected the president of the Convention?
3. What does Madison consider to be the usefulness of the Senate?
(a) The Senate is able to discuss foreign matters with more authority because more Senators travel to Europe.
(b) The Senate is able to counteract the decisions made by a popularly elected branch of legislature.
(c) The Senate is able to work more closely with the President because they have a similar perspective on American government.
(d) The Senate is able to make decisions with more coolness, systematic procedure, and wisdom than the popularly elected branch of legislature.
4. What motion does the Committee of the Whole approve before they adjourn on the last day of May?
(a) The motion that the national legislature should have three branches.
(b) The motion that the President should be elected for life.
(c) The motion that the national legislature should have two branches.
(d) The motion that the President should be elected by popular vote.
5. Which delegate is elected chairman of the Committee of the Whole?
(a) Nathaniel Gorham.
(b) Chancellor Wythe.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Elbridge Gerry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Congress to obtain a quorum?
2. On May 30th, what amendment to the Virginia Resolves is proposed by Randolph?
3. How does Washington get his title of Commander in Chief?
4. As described in Chapter Four, what is the main focus of the delegates' debates?
5. When the Convention opens, in which city is Congress meeting?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)