|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Jersey Plan. Alexander Hamilton Makes his Speech. June 15-19..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state sends the most delegates to the Convention?
(a) New York.
2. Which delegate writes and publishes Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania to the Inhabitants of the British colonies?
(a) Pierce Butler.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) John Dickinson.
3. Which "firebrands" of the American Revolution are absent from the Convention?
(a) Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Patrick Henry and Sam Adams.
(c) George Washington and Patrick Henry.
(d) Sam Adams and Alexander Hamilton.
4. What do the Virginia delegates do before a quorum of states arrive?
(a) The delegates craft a new Constitution for the United States.
(b) The delegates draft 15 Articles of Confederation detailing a plan for government.
(c) The delegates meet with delegates from other states to establish a common ground.
(d) The delegates write 15 Resolves detailing a plan for government.
5. What does Bowen consider the most striking feature of the New Jersey Plan?
(a) The executive is removed by impeachment.
(b) There is a single executive.
(c) Creation of a single legislative chamber where states vote equally, regardless of size or wealth.
(d) Two branches of legislature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamilton get named as a delegate to the Convention?
2. When the Convention opens, in which city is Congress meeting?
3. What metaphor does John Dickinson use to describe his view of American government?
4. Who writes that Rhode Island's absence from the Convention is insignificant in the face of the stated unity of the delegates?
5. What is the significance of May 25th?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)