|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Jersey Plan. Alexander Hamilton Makes his Speech. June 15-19..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Robert Morris?
(a) The richest man in Philadelphia.
(b) A delegate from New Jersey.
(c) The governor of Maryland.
(d) An assistant to Washington.
2. The delegates decide that congressmen are to be paid how?
(a) By fixed, moderate stipend from the national treasury.
(b) By a salary with annual raises based on longevity.
(c) By a fixed, moderate stipend from individual state treasuries.
(d) By a fixed salary equivalent to two-thirds of a typical merchant salary.
3. What does Madison consider "a clear principle of free government"?
(a) Voting rights for everyone, regardless of status.
(b) The announcement and publication of all government decisions.
(c) The ability of the people to elect at least one branch of the legislature.
(d) The ability of anyone to run for legislative office.
4. Why does Dr. Franklin argue for a plural executive?
(a) He believes a single executive becomes ill and unable to conduct public affairs.
(b) He believes a plural executive better reflects the interest of all the states.
(c) He wants to share the position with George Washington.
(d) He believes a single executive inflames the British.
5. Which delegate is beloved by the French?
(a) Rufus King.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Convention rules, how are questions to be decided?
2. Which "firebrands" of the American Revolution are absent from the Convention?
3. What does Madison consider to be the usefulness of the Senate?
4. What is the ever-present danger delegates do not discuss?
5. What is the result of Dr. Franklin's speech on representation as described in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)