|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Bill of Rights Rejected..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Virginia delegates do before a quorum of states arrive?
(a) The delegates draft 15 Articles of Confederation detailing a plan for government.
(b) The delegates write 15 Resolves detailing a plan for government.
(c) The delegates craft a new Constitution for the United States.
(d) The delegates meet with delegates from other states to establish a common ground.
2. Why does George Mason object to the motion empowering Congress to cut canals where needed?
(a) He believes the future of transportation lay elsewhere and this is wasteful spending.
(b) He thinks Philadelphia uses it as an excuse for establishing a bank.
(c) He believes it create monopolies.
(d) He thinks it gives an advantage to the Western Territories.
3. According to the Convention rules, how are questions to be decided?
(a) By a unanimous vote of the delegates.
(b) By secret ballot.
(c) By a majority vote by delegates.
(d) By a vote of two-thirds of the delegates.
4. Which state sends the most delegates to the Convention?
(a) New York.
5. Which delegate took the most comprehensive notes on the Convention meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which delegate opens the Convention's "main business"?
2. How does Dr. Franklin arrive at the State House?
3. Who is Edmund Randolph?
4. Why are French noblemen amazed to find Revolutionary War officers working as innkeepers?
5. Which delegate signs the letter to Congress as a representative of all Convention delegates?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)