|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Bill of Rights Rejected..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first resolution of the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That all states have equal representation in Congress.
(b) That a single executive governs the country.
(c) That the Articles of Confederation are revised to make the federal Constitution adequate.
(d) That a national government is established with a supreme legislative, judicial, and executive branches.
2. Which delegate signs the letter to Congress as a representative of all Convention delegates?
(a) William Samuel Johnson.
(b) Governor Morris.
(c) James Madison.
(d) George Washington.
3. What does the term "American" mean to William Priest?
(a) Someone who pledges to support the new government.
(b) Any person living in the New World.
(c) A white man descends from a native of Europe.
(d) An Indian or one of the New World "aborigines".
4. Why are French noblemen amazed to find Revolutionary War officers working as innkeepers?
(a) In Europe, inns are run by women.
(b) They don't realize America have inns.
(c) In Europe, officers only own farms.
(d) In Europe, the military is a profession.
5. What does Edmund Randolph propose on the final day of the Convention?
(a) To add a Bill of Rights to the Constitution.
(b) To empower Congress to establish a University.
(c) To hold a second general Convention after the people have a chance to examine the proposed Constitution.
(d) To empower Congress to cut canals where they are needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American food does Brissot de Warville describe as food for the man who wants to be free?
2. What is the federal ratio?
3. In Chapter 10, which delegate makes a long speech about the lack of necessity for a Congress with two branches?
4. At the beginning of the Convention, Governor Morris reads a letter from whom?
5. Which delegate proposes that the positive vote of seven states constitutes ratification of the Constitution?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)