|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Western Territory, the Land Companies and the Northwest Ordinance. Manasseh Cutler..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which delegate from South Carolina claims to have a plan similar to that presented by Edmund Randolph?
(a) Elbridge Gerry.
(b) John Adams.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Charles Pinkney.
2. What does Madison consider to be the usefulness of the Senate?
(a) The Senate is able to make decisions with more coolness, systematic procedure, and wisdom than the popularly elected branch of legislature.
(b) The Senate is able to work more closely with the President because they have a similar perspective on American government.
(c) The Senate is able to discuss foreign matters with more authority because more Senators travel to Europe.
(d) The Senate is able to counteract the decisions made by a popularly elected branch of legislature.
3. According to the Convention rules, how are questions to be decided?
(a) By a unanimous vote of the delegates.
(b) By a vote of two-thirds of the delegates.
(c) By secret ballot.
(d) By a majority vote by delegates.
4. According to the Convention rules, how many states make a quorum?
5. What American diversion does Chevalier de Chastelleux experience while in Connecticut?
(a) Squirrel hunting.
(b) Clearing timber for farmland.
(c) Hunting wild turkey.
(d) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which delegate elegantly rebuts Paterson's defense of the New Jersey plan?
2. What is the first resolution of the New Jersey Plan?
3. Who is Edmund Randolph?
4. Who founded the Ohio Company and sells shares to congressmen?
5. What does Madison consider "a clear principle of free government"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)