|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Western Territory, the Land Companies and the Northwest Ordinance. Manasseh Cutler..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which delegate elegantly rebuts Paterson's defense of the New Jersey plan?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) George Washington.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) Charles Pinckney.
2. What is the first resolution of the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That all states have equal representation in Congress.
(b) That a single executive governs the country.
(c) That a national government is established with a supreme legislative, judicial, and executive branches.
(d) That the Articles of Confederation are revised to make the federal Constitution adequate.
3. In 1787, which American City still shows the effects of the Revolutionary War?
(c) Trenton, New Jersey.
(d) New York City.
4. What metaphor does John Dickinson use to describe his view of American government?
(a) A solar system with the sun representing the central government.
(b) A farm, with the farmer representing the central government.
(c) A machine, with the parts representing the legislative body.
(d) A family, with the father representing the chief executive.
5. In Chapter Six, the Convention delegates decide the members of the National Senate are to be chosen by which procedure?
(a) Election by popular vote.
(b) Appointment by state legislatures.
(c) Election by current members of the Congress.
(d) Appointment by the Chief Executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Franklin arrive at the State House?
2. In 1787, which American city reminds travelers of London?
3. Who founded the Ohio Company and sells shares to congressmen?
4. What does Madison consider to be the usefulness of the Senate?
5. Why is no argument made against Hamilton's speech?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)