|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Western Territory, the Land Companies and the Northwest Ordinance. Manasseh Cutler..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "pursuit of happiness" mean to the Convention delegates?
(a) A man is able to vote in all elections.
(b) A man rises according to his abilities and industry.
(c) A man engages in any type of private behavior as long as he is happy.
(d) A man has the potential to choose any occupation.
2. What is important about the reading of state credentials?
(a) Reading the state credentials give everyone a chance to get used to the regional differences in speech and accent.
(b) The state credentials reveal signs of the way the states are thinking at the start of the discussion.
(c) The state credentials allow the delegates to introduce themselves, because they are all strangers.
(d) Reading the state credentials make the actions legal under the Articles of Confederation.
3. In 1787, which American city reminds travelers of London?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D. C..
4. How does Hamilton get named as a delegate to the Convention?
(a) He is asked to participate by George Washington.
(b) He is the governor of New York.
(c) His father-in-law has political prestige.
(d) He is a member of the ruling political party in New York.
5. Which delegate is president of the Illinois-Wabash Land Company?
(a) Rufus King.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Manasseh Cutler.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the Convention, Governor Morris reads a letter from whom?
2. According to the Convention rules, how many states make a quorum?
3. Which delegate opens the Convention's "main business"?
4. Who founded the Ohio Company and sells shares to congressmen?
5. What question is considered at the first Saturday meeting of the quorum?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)