|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Western Territory, the Land Companies and the Northwest Ordinance. Manasseh Cutler..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American diversion does Chevalier de Chastelleux experience while in Connecticut?
(a) Horse racing.
(b) Hunting wild turkey.
(c) Squirrel hunting.
(d) Clearing timber for farmland.
2. In Chapter Six, the Convention delegates decide the members of the National Senate are to be chosen by which procedure?
(a) Appointment by state legislatures.
(b) Election by popular vote.
(c) Appointment by the Chief Executive.
(d) Election by current members of the Congress.
3. What question surrounds the division of the Western Territories?
(a) Whether the land is divided equally among the existing states.
(b) Whether the newly created states ratifies a Constitution.
(c) Whether the land is effectively governed by a Chief Executive.
(d) Whether the newly created states are admitted to the Union on an equal basis.
4. What reason does Mason give as Hamilton's reason for leaving the Convention?
(a) He is angry that his opinions are not considered in the discussions.
(b) He is mortified that other New York delegates don't vote with him.
(c) He has pressing family business to tend to.
(d) He is opposed to the decisions being made at the Convention.
5. In 1787, which American city reminds travelers of London?
(c) Washington, D. C..
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is considered at the first Saturday meeting of the quorum?
2. Who founded the Ohio Company and sells shares to congressmen?
3. According to the Convention rules, how are questions to be decided?
4. In 1787, which American City still shows the effects of the Revolutionary War?
5. Why is indigence a bad word for most delegates to the Convention?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)