|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Western Territory, the Land Companies and the Northwest Ordinance. Manasseh Cutler..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it necessary for the Western Territories to have an ocean port?
(a) It enables them to have a navy in case of war.
(b) It enables them to travel and explore the rest of the continent.
(c) It enables them to trade effectively with others.
(d) It enables them to fish and expand their diet.
2. What metaphor does John Dickinson use to describe his view of American government?
(a) A machine, with the parts representing the legislative body.
(b) A family, with the father representing the chief executive.
(c) A farm, with the farmer representing the central government.
(d) A solar system with the sun representing the central government.
3. Why is no argument made against Hamilton's speech?
(a) It is so extreme that no appropriate response or rebuttal is given.
(b) It is so vague that the delegates do not understand what he intends.
(c) It appropriately addresses all of the concerns of the delegates.
(d) The delegates agree with the clarity of his thinking.
4. What question surrounds the division of the Western Territories?
(a) Whether the land is effectively governed by a Chief Executive.
(b) Whether the newly created states are admitted to the Union on an equal basis.
(c) Whether the newly created states ratifies a Constitution.
(d) Whether the land is divided equally among the existing states.
5. What American diversion does Chevalier de Chastelleux experience while in Connecticut?
(a) Squirrel hunting.
(b) Hunting wild turkey.
(c) Clearing timber for farmland.
(d) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which delegate from South Carolina claims to have a plan similar to that presented by Edmund Randolph?
2. In 1787, which American City still shows the effects of the Revolutionary War?
3. How does Dr. Franklin arrive at the State House?
4. Which American food does Brissot de Warville describe as food for the man who wants to be free?
5. What term do Americans use to describe the process of clearing the land of trees?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)