|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Who Shall Ratify? The People or the States?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which delegate proposes that the positive vote of seven states constitutes ratification of the Constitution?
(a) Pierce Butler.
(b) James Madison.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) David Carroll.
2. What are foreign visitors to America surprised they don't see more frequently?
(b) Forests and trees.
(c) Deer and wild life.
(d) Poverty among white men.
3. Which delegate makes the motion that an address to the people accompanies the Constitution?
(a) Rufus King.
(b) Charles Pinckney.
(c) Elbridge Gerry.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
4. Why are French noblemen amazed to find Revolutionary War officers working as innkeepers?
(a) In Europe, inns are run by women.
(b) In Europe, officers only own farms.
(c) They don't realize America have inns.
(d) In Europe, the military is a profession.
5. What does the term "American" mean to William Priest?
(a) Someone who pledges to support the new government.
(b) A white man descends from a native of Europe.
(c) An Indian or one of the New World "aborigines".
(d) Any person living in the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Constitution go after it is signed in Philadelphia?
2. Which delegate wishes to establish a national university supported by Congress?
3. What two types of documents do Convention delegates have to guide their discussion of states' rights?
4. What is the last major issue Convention delegates consider?
5. In Chapter Seven, which delegate is described as being aware of the importance and significance of the Convention and its business?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)