|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinced the police to come to Agent Ray's aid?
2. How did the public recognize Oba Chandler?
3. Who were the victims of the Green River Killer?
4. What are some examples of proactive methods Douglas discusses in Chapter 17?
5. What did the Unabomber target?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the therapist's interactions with Thomas Vanda while he was in a mental hospital.
2. Describe the case of Shari Faye Smith. What happened to her? Who was her killer?
3. Describe the murder of Karla in Chapter 14. Include details on what happened. Detail the hunt for her killer.
4. Describe how John Prante was caught and arrested.
5. Describe the difference between MO and signature in killings.
6. What was Preacher's role in the murder attempt on Agent Ray?
7. What was Robert Hansen's role in the community?
8. Describe the killings of Robert Hansen.
9. Why was profiling so important to the Robert Hansen case?
10. Describe Douglas' thoughts on the prison system and how the system affects serial killers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ed Kemper was one of the first serial killers interviewed by Douglas. What crimes did Kemper commit? How was Douglas' interview with Kemper important to his career? What does Douglas' opinion about Kemper say about Douglas?
Essay Topic 2
Describe a case Douglas mentions in his book where race is a key issue. How is race an issue in the case? Is race an issue in the killer's choice of victim(s), or does race play a role in the profiling? Explain why Douglas believes race to be an issue in that particular case. Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What are the various ways the media and other sources were used to capture criminals? How does Douglas use the media to his advantage? Are there any negatives to utilizing the media for the purpose of tracking a criminal? Cite two examples from the text where the media helps capture a criminal or causes an issue with the case.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)