|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Oba Chandler murder?
2. According to Douglas, McCrary's fire-breathing dragon cartoon represents ______________.
3. In what year did Douglas suffer a breakdown?
4. What did Robert Hansen do to his victims?
5. How long was Douglas married before he divorced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one of the cases Douglas used to discuss bombers in Chapter 17.
2. How does Douglas profile bombers? What are their motives? What is their general appearance?
3. Describe the events of the Chicago Tylenol case.
4. Describe the Green River Killer. Include where the killer committed the crimes, who the victims were, and how the killer was caught.
5. Describe Douglas' thoughts on the prison system and how the system affects serial killers.
6. Describe the interrogation of Larry Bell. What techniques were used? What question prompted Larry Bell's confession?
7. In Chapter 15, Gregg McCrary received a case about an abducted child. According to his findings, who was the killer? Why did this person kill the child?
8. Describe how the attempt on Agent Ray's life occurred?
9. Who is John Hinckley? What crime did he commit?
10. Who were the Forces of Evil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Douglas' breakdown and time in the hospital affect his life? Did it cause him to change his priorities? Did the breakdown make him more dedicated to his job? Describe the events that led Douglas to the hospital and how you think the events changed him.
Essay Topic 2
Ed Kemper was one of the first serial killers interviewed by Douglas. What crimes did Kemper commit? How was Douglas' interview with Kemper important to his career? What does Douglas' opinion about Kemper say about Douglas?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay determining Douglas' choice in setting up the order of the chapters of the book. What purpose does the order of the chapters serve? How does it aid the readers enjoyment and understanding of the book?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)