|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Robert Hansen case help Douglas distinguish?
2. According to Chapter 13, a killer's signature does not ___________.
3. In Chapter 15, what was the reason cited by the guilty party for murdering the child?
4. Why do most bombers strike according to Douglas?
5. Who is Agent Ray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Robert Hansen's role in the community?
2. How does Douglas profile bombers? What are their motives? What is their general appearance?
3. Describe Douglas' home life by the end of his career.
4. Describe the grand jury trial featuring Robert Hansen. What was discovered at trial?
5. Describe Douglas' thoughts on the prison system and how the system affects serial killers.
6. What was Preacher's role in the murder attempt on Agent Ray?
7. Describe how the attempt on Agent Ray's life occurred?
8. Describe the events of the Chicago Tylenol case.
9. Describe how John Prante was caught and arrested.
10. Describe the therapist's interactions with Thomas Vanda while he was in a mental hospital.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write the process Douglas went through in order to create a profile of a killer. With each step include a description of the step and its relevance in the profiling process.
Essay Topic 2
In the early 1970's through 1982, the FBI had a very exact opinion on profiling. Describe the opinion and how it changed over the years. Cite important cases that helped change the FBI's opinion. What role did Douglas play in this change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Robert Hansen case and its impact on profiling and search warrants. How did it advance the use of profiling? Was it successful? Why or why not? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)