|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the majority of Robert Hansen's victims found?
2. What did Thomas Vanda's therapist know about Vanda's crimes?
3. Kemper and Monte Rissell both saw what type of doctor while they committed crimes?
4. What did the Forces of Evil want from the police?
5. How did Agent Ray know Douglas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Douglas' home life by the end of his career.
2. Describe the therapist's interactions with Thomas Vanda while he was in a mental hospital.
3. Describe the killings of Robert Hansen.
4. According to the FBI's discovery, who were the Forces of Evil?
5. Describe the case of Shari Faye Smith. What happened to her? Who was her killer?
6. How does Douglas profile bombers? What are their motives? What is their general appearance?
7. What was Robert Hansen's role in the community?
8. Describe the murder of Karla in Chapter 14. Include details on what happened. Detail the hunt for her killer.
9. How does the media help solve crimes?
10. What was Douglas' profile of Robert Hansen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast elements of the short story The Most Dangerous Game, which Douglas describes in his book, to the crimes of Robert Hansen.
Essay Topic 2
Write the process Douglas went through in order to create a profile of a killer. With each step include a description of the step and its relevance in the profiling process.
Essay Topic 3
What are the various ways the media and other sources were used to capture criminals? How does Douglas use the media to his advantage? Are there any negatives to utilizing the media for the purpose of tracking a criminal? Cite two examples from the text where the media helps capture a criminal or causes an issue with the case.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)