|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were there no signs of in the ATKID killings?
2. Where did Kemper live when he was interviewed in Chapter 6?
3. Where did Douglas and Hazlewood go to hunt the ATKID killer?
4. In Chapter 1, who does Douglas think is a model profiler?
5. What crime did Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris commit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hoover's opinion on profiling.
2. Describe Douglas' opinion of the interview study at the conclusion of the study.
3. Describe Wayne Williams' murders. What name did the police give him?
4. Define Douglas' process in creating a profile.
5. Describe Douglas' childhood.
6. Describe the program that Douglas formalized with Dr. Ann Burgess.
7. What crime did Russell Odom and Clay Lawson commit, and why did Douglas claim they were not criminally insane?
8. What was the link between all the murders Wayne Williams committed?
9. When is the FBI allowed to become involved in murder cases?
10. Why does Douglas compare a criminal to a lion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the analogy "everybody has a rock." What is its origin? What does this saying mean? How does Douglas use this in the text? Do you believe this statement to be true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write the process Douglas went through in order to create a profile of a killer. With each step include a description of the step and its relevance in the profiling process.
Essay Topic 3
In the early 1970's through 1982, the FBI had a very exact opinion on profiling. Describe the opinion and how it changed over the years. Cite important cases that helped change the FBI's opinion. What role did Douglas play in this change?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)