|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, What did Hoover score Douglas' written exam?
2. What serial killer did Douglas study while in Quantico in Chapter 5?
3. Where did Douglas receive grant money from for his felon interviews?
4. What did Douglas determine the ATKID killer was doing based on the location of a body after a false lead claimed the FBI would find a body there?
5. Where was Douglas born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "Trailside Killer" and what characteristic his victim noticed.
2. What technique did Douglas suggest the prosecutor should use when cross-examining?
3. Describes what happened when a murder suspect in Chapter 10 saw a bloody rock during an interrogation.
4. Why did Douglas determine inmates wanted to be a part of his interview study?
5. Why did the Office of Professional Responsibility censure Douglas?
6. Define Douglas' process in creating a profile.
7. Describe Wayne Williams' murders. What name did the police give him?
8. Describe Douglas' opinion of the interview study at the conclusion of the study.
9. Describe Hoover's opinion on profiling.
10. Describe the road schools where Douglas taught.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the cartoon of the fire-breathing dragon. Who is the artist? What is the purpose of this cartoon? What and whom does it represent? Make sure to include examples from the text. In addition, discuss whether you believe this cartoon to be a positive or negative influence on Douglas.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the analogy "everybody has a rock." What is its origin? What does this saying mean? How does Douglas use this in the text? Do you believe this statement to be true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Douglas' life from his childhood to the end of the book. Focus on what you believe to be the most eventful and life changing moments. You should mention three to four events and how each changed Douglas' life. How did each event lead him to the next stage of his life?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)