|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was published in the book "Sexual Homicide: Patterns and Motives"?
2. What was the trigger that set off Monte Ralph Rissell's serial raping?
3. How many cases were in the ATKID killer file?
4. Where did Douglas receive murder scene training while in Milwaukee?
5. What were there no signs of in the ATKID killings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Office of Professional Responsibility censure Douglas?
2. Describe Hoover's opinion on profiling.
3. Describe the "Trailside Killer" and what characteristic his victim noticed.
4. Describe Douglas' childhood.
5. What crime was Kemper in prison for when Douglas interviewed him, and what was Douglas' opinion about Kemper?
6. Describe the crimes of Richard Speck. Include his choice of victims, his nickname (if he had one), and his prison sentence.
7. What was the first crime Kemper committed, and where was he sent as punishment?
8. Describe Douglas' mental state and location when the prologue begins.
9. Why was BSU under Hoover considered an unimportant unit?
10. When is the FBI allowed to become involved in murder cases?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Douglas' life from his childhood to the end of the book. Focus on what you believe to be the most eventful and life changing moments. You should mention three to four events and how each changed Douglas' life. How did each event lead him to the next stage of his life?
Essay Topic 2
In the early 1970's through 1982, the FBI had a very exact opinion on profiling. Describe the opinion and how it changed over the years. Cite important cases that helped change the FBI's opinion. What role did Douglas play in this change?
Essay Topic 3
Douglas decides to title each chapter. Why do you believe he chooses to do so? Pick one chapter title and analyze it. What does this title mean to Douglas? What does it mean in the context of that chapter? Cite examples from the text to explain your opinion.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)