|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the FBI use the media to catch killers?
(a) To post rewards.
(b) To increase the number of tips.
(c) To stake out the killer.
(d) To publicize mug shots.
2. How many people were found guilty in Agent Ray's attempted murder trial?
3. What did the dinner associates of Robert Hansen admit during the grand jury?
(a) Hansen did not pay the bill.
(b) They did not dine with Hansen.
(c) Hansen brought a date.
(d) They did dine with Hansen.
4. In what year was Robert Hansen charged with murder?
5. What is an MO?
(b) A legal term.
(c) Modus operandi.
(d) Most Offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 13, a killer's signature does not ___________.
2. Why did the police think Agent Ray made a prank call to 911 after his injury?
3. After his attackers' trial, Agent Ray eventually moved to ________.
4. How did the FBI identify Karla's killer in Chapter 14?
5. What do many states rely on to link crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was profiling so important to the Robert Hansen case?
2. Describe the interrogation of Larry Bell. What techniques were used? What question prompted Larry Bell's confession?
3. Who were the Forces of Evil?
4. What was Douglas' profile of Robert Hansen?
5. Describe Douglas' thoughts on the prison system and how the system affects serial killers.
6. What caused Agent Ray's wife to take a contract out on her husband?
7. Describe Douglas' home life by the end of his career.
8. Who is John Hinckley? What crime did he commit?
9. Describe how the attempt on Agent Ray's life occurred?
10. According to the FBI's discovery, who were the Forces of Evil?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)