|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Douglas says a killer's behavior in prison depends on _____________.
(a) The food.
(b) His parole officer.
(c) Friendships with other inmates.
(d) His environment.
2. Why does the FBI use the media to catch killers?
(a) To increase the number of tips.
(b) To stake out the killer.
(c) To publicize mug shots.
(d) To post rewards.
3. Who were the Forces of Evil?
(a) A group who hated authority.
(b) A group who wanted to bomb Maine.
(c) A group who threatened to kill black women.
(d) A group who threatened to kill white men.
4. According to Larry Bell, who killed Shari Faye Smith?
(a) The father.
(b) The good Larry.
(c) The bad Larry.
(d) The mother.
5. Why did Douglas help Anchorage police?
(a) To help obtain a search warrant.
(b) To profile Robert Hansen.
(c) He needed a change of setting.
(d) To catch Robert Hansen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many states rely on to link crimes?
2. How many years did each conspirator in Agent Ray's attempted murder case receive?
3. The BSU thought that the Forces of Evil was _________.
4. What television show aided in the arrest of Oba Chandler?
5. What does Douglas say criminals tell therapists?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the media help solve crimes?
2. According to the FBI's discovery, who were the Forces of Evil?
3. Describe the case of Shari Faye Smith. What happened to her? Who was her killer?
4. In Chapter 15, Gregg McCrary received a case about an abducted child. According to his findings, who was the killer? Why did this person kill the child?
5. Describe how the attempt on Agent Ray's life occurred?
6. How does Douglas profile bombers? What are their motives? What is their general appearance?
7. What was Robert Hansen's role in the community?
8. Describe Douglas' thoughts on the prison system and how the system affects serial killers.
9. Describe the grand jury trial featuring Robert Hansen. What was discovered at trial?
10. Who is John Hinckley? What crime did he commit?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)