|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Douglas cited a murder case from Rome, Georgia, where a 12 year old was murdered. How was she killed?
(c) Blunt force trauma.
(d) Gun shot.
2. What did Douglas wonder about the prison inmates who participated in the interview study at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) Why they were in prison.
(b) Why they showed no remorse.
(c) How they could be so cruel.
(d) Why they would speak to FBI agents openly.
3. When was the FBI authorized to become involved with the murders that took place in Atlanta in Chapter 11?
(a) When interstate kidnapping or federal civil rights were violated by the killer.
(b) After a year.
(c) When ten people were murdered.
(d) The FBI never became involved.
4. What did Douglas want to be when he grew up?
(a) A trainer at Sea World.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A layer.
(d) A vet.
5. In what order does Douglas prepare his criminal profile?
(a) Preliminary police report, crime-scene photos,medical examiner's report, schematic drawing.
(b) Schematic drawing, medical examiner's report, preliminary police report, crime-scene photos.
(c) Crime scene photos,medical examiner's report, preliminary police report, schematic drawing.
(d) Medical examiner's report, preliminary police report, crime scene photos, schematic drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime did Russell Odom and Clay Lawson commit?
2. While in Milwaukee, Douglas trained bankers and businessmen in _________.
3. Where was Douglas when the prologue began?
4. Jerry Brudos murdered a girl that accidentally came to his door. What was the profession of the girl?
5. Who censured Douglas at the start of Wayne Williams' trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What profile did Douglas construct of Wayne Williams?
2. Describe William Heirens. Include why he committed his crime and what he accomplished in prison.
3. Why was BSU under Hoover considered an unimportant unit?
4. What was the first crime Kemper committed, and where was he sent as punishment?
5. Describe Douglas' life in Milwaukee.
6. What led to the FBI's new appreciation of profiling?
7. Define Douglas' process in creating a profile.
8. Describe Wayne Williams' murders. What name did the police give him?
9. What childhood story of Douglas' led to the term "everybody has a rock?" When did Douglas use the term again in Chapter 10?
10. Describe the crimes of Richard Speck. Include his choice of victims, his nickname (if he had one), and his prison sentence.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)