|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what cases were the least important to Douglas?
(a) Theft cases.
(b) The highly publicized cases.
(c) Rape and murder cases.
(d) Cold cases and large department cases.
2. What object allowed Douglas to enter prisons with ease in Chapter 6?
(a) His military badge.
(b) His FBI badge.
(d) His college diploma.
3. Who did Manson murder?
(a) No one.
(b) Sharon Tate.
(c) Ten people.
(d) Three children.
4. In Chapter 6, why did agents not write personality profiles?
(a) The FBI did not have computers to write profiles.
(b) To avoid embarrasment to the FBI should the profiles be incorrect.
(c) FBI agents have extra special memory.
(d) The FBI storage facilities were filled.
5. In Chapter 1, who does Douglas think is a model profiler?
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many teachers worked with the BSU in 1977?
2. What did Douglas look for in order to establish criminals from other people?
3. How many cases did Douglas take in 1980?
4. In Chapter 3, in what area did Douglas work towards a masters degree?
5. What did Douglas wonder about the prison inmates who participated in the interview study at the start of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the metaphor "betting on raindrops rolling down the window."
2. Define Douglas' process in creating a profile.
3. List some of the Killers that Douglas and Ressler interviewed in Chapter 7.
4. What technique did Douglas suggest the prosecutor should use when cross-examining?
5. Describe Douglas' opinion of the interview study at the conclusion of the study.
6. Why was BSU under Hoover considered an unimportant unit?
7. Describe the road schools where Douglas taught.
8. What crime was Kemper in prison for when Douglas interviewed him, and what was Douglas' opinion about Kemper?
9. What crime did Russell Odom and Clay Lawson commit, and why did Douglas claim they were not criminally insane?
10. Describe the crimes of David Berkowitz. Include his choice of victims, his nickname (if he had one), and why Douglas believed he committed his crimes.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)