|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the risk factors in profiling a bomber?
(a) Location of bomb and childhood.
(b) Childhood and young adult hood.
(c) Victim target, type of device, bomb workmanship, and delivery.
(d) Victim target, type of device, and childhood.
2. How did the FBI identify Karla's killer in Chapter 14?
(a) Finger prints.
(b) Teeth marks.
3. Who were the Forces of Evil?
(a) A group who wanted to bomb Maine.
(b) A group who threatened to kill white men.
(c) A group who hated authority.
(d) A group who threatened to kill black women.
4. Where were Oba Chandler's victims found?
(a) Tampa Bay.
(b) The gulf of Mexico.
(c) Hudson Bay.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
5. What does Douglas say criminals tell therapists?
(a) The history of their childhood.
(b) The truth.
(c) What they want to hear.
(d) They confess their crimes.
6. Kemper and Monte Rissell both saw what type of doctor while they committed crimes?
(a) A general practitioner.
(b) A therapist.
(c) A dentist.
(d) An oncologist.
7. What did the Forces of Evil want from the police?
(a) They wanted the police to catch the Stocking Strangler.
(b) They wanted to be included in any investigations.
(c) They wanted the police to release the Stocking Strangler.
(d) They wanted their ransom demands met.
8. What did twenty-five years of experience teach Douglas?
(a) Criminals are born, not made.
(b) Not to put work before family.
(c) Criminals are made, not born.
(d) To always carry a gun.
9. Who attempted to kill Agent Ray in Chapter 12?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A friend.
10. What does Douglas claim is a basic issue with serial killers?
(c) How to enter them back into society.
(d) The need for love.
11. Why did the police think Agent Ray made a prank call to 911 after his injury?
(a) He laughed.
(b) He didn't speak.
(c) He was drugged.
(d) He told a joke.
12. What were Douglas and his associates working on improving at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) They were developing signature analysis in order to more precisely identify behavioral evidence.
(b) A cure for mental illness.
(c) The FBI's relationship with the public.
(d) Improvements on the interview study.
13. What did Larry Bell do with the souvenir left by Dawn at Shari Faye Smith's grave site?
(a) He left it.
(b) He destroyed it.
(c) He added another souvenir.
(d) He took it.
14. What is the fundamental question about prison release?
(a) Whether the punishment fits the crime.
(b) Whether the experience is bad.
(c) Whether the experience is good.
(d) Whether the experience is bad or good.
15. What did Dawn leave as a souvenir at Shari Faye Smith's grave site?
(a) A stuffed bunny.
(b) A Koala bear.
(c) A novel.
(d) A Barbie doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Larry Bell's sentence for the crimes against Shari Faye Smith?
2. What did Thomas Vanda's therapist know about Vanda's crimes?
3. Douglas used a woman named Dawn to help catch Larry Bell. Who was Dawn?
4. What is an MO?
5. Where were the majority of Robert Hansen's victims found?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)