|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion did Douglas suspect led the killer to murder Karla in Chapter 14?
(a) Sadness over loss.
(b) Anger from violence.
(c) Anger from rejection.
(d) Excitement from murder in a movie.
2. How does the FBI use Agent Ray's case as a teaching aid for incoming agents?
(a) It helps students understand failed marriages.
(b) It helps students learn to keep their weapons concealed.
(c) It helps students understand spousal contract murders.
(d) It teaches students not to trust their spouse.
3. Whose story did the grand jury listen to in the case against Robert Hansen?
(a) An escaped prostitute.
(b) A victim's mother.
4. Where were Oba Chandler's victims found?
(a) Tampa Bay.
(b) Hudson Bay.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The gulf of Mexico.
5. In what year did Douglas retire from Quantico?
6. What did Douglas expect to find in Robert Hansen's home?
(a) A gun and a knife.
(b) A journal and a gun.
(c) A journal and a knife.
(d) A piece of bloody clothing.
7. What does Douglas think leads to the behavior of a serial killer?
(a) A life without a mother.
(b) Character defect.
(c) Abandonment issues.
(d) Mental issues.
8. Why do most bombers strike according to Douglas?
(a) Feelings of being a misfit in society.
(b) Labor disputes, revenge and suicide.
(c) Suicide and anarchy.
(d) Political motives.
9. What did Douglas suspect happened to Robert Hansen as a young adult?
(a) He was shunned by girls.
(b) He was bipolar.
(c) He was beaten.
(d) He was molested.
10. What did Douglas agree with Dr. Park Dietz about?
(a) Serial killers should not be released.
(b) Serial killers should be released.
(c) All serial killers are abused as children.
(d) Serial killers' behavior can change.
11. Who convinced the police to come to Agent Ray's aid?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The FBI.
(c) Agent Ray.
(d) The 911 operator.
12. What television show aided in the arrest of Oba Chandler?
(b) America's Most Wanted.
(c) Unsolved Mysteries.
(d) Rescue 911.
13. In what year was Robert Hansen charged with murder?
14. Who suggested the police department contact BSU to help with the Forces of Evil?
(a) Agent Dan.
(d) Agent Ray.
15. What are the risk factors in profiling a bomber?
(a) Location of bomb and childhood.
(b) Victim target, type of device, bomb workmanship, and delivery.
(c) Victim target, type of device, and childhood.
(d) Childhood and young adult hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some examples of proactive methods Douglas discusses in Chapter 17?
2. Who is Agent Ray?
3. Who were the victims of the Green River Killer?
4. What were Douglas and his associates working on improving at the end of Chapter 13?
5. What does Douglas claim is a basic issue with serial killers?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)