|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what cases were high priority to Douglas?
(a) High profile cases.
(b) Cases involving more than ten victims.
(c) Active rape-murder cases with potential loss of life.
(d) Cold cases.
2. What was the trigger that set off Monte Ralph Rissell's serial raping?
(a) His girlfriend broke up with him.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) There was no trigger.
(d) His mother died.
3. When he taught road school, what did Douglas suggest was the best way to gain insight on criminals?
(a) Read his book.
(b) Speak directly to criminals.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Read police files.
4. In what city did the ATKID killer strike?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. Where was Douglas born?
6. Who censured Douglas at the start of Wayne Williams' trial?
(a) The Office of Professional Responsibility.
(b) The Office of Professional Conduct.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The FBI.
7. What did Dr. Burgess create in Chapter 6 in order to analyze felon interviews?
(a) A personality quiz.
(b) A video analysis program.
(c) A fifty-seven page interview instrument.
(d) A serial killer profile.
8. Jerry Brudos murdered a girl that accidentally came to his door. What was the profession of the girl?
(a) An encyclopedia sales person.
(b) A carpet sales person.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
9. What did William Heirens complete while in prison?
(a) His novel.
(b) His family tree.
(c) His theological studies.
(d) His college degree.
10. When was the FBI authorized to become involved with the murders that took place in Atlanta in Chapter 11?
(a) The FBI never became involved.
(b) When interstate kidnapping or federal civil rights were violated by the killer.
(c) When ten people were murdered.
(d) After a year.
11. What did Douglas want to be when he grew up?
(a) A trainer at Sea World.
(b) A layer.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A vet.
12. What did Douglas think of Kemper?
(a) He was kind and funny.
(b) He was a cold blooded killer.
(c) He was remorseful.
(d) He was scary.
13. What were there no signs of in the ATKID killings?
(d) Sexual activity.
14. In Chapter 9, what cases were the least important to Douglas?
(a) Cold cases and large department cases.
(b) Theft cases.
(c) Rape and murder cases.
(d) The highly publicized cases.
15. How many cases were in the ATKID killer file?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Douglas complete the prison interview study?
2. Where did Douglas and Hazlewood go to hunt the ATKID killer?
3. What was Wayne Williams sentence?
4. What was a common theme in the ATKID killer's victims?
5. What job was Douglas assigned while working for the Air Force in New Mexico?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)