|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter did Douglas receive at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) A letter from his son.
(b) A letter from his mother.
(c) A Dear John letter.
(d) A commendation letter.
2. Where was Douglas born?
3. What was a common theme in the ATKID killer's victims?
(a) They were all women.
(b) They were all old.
(c) They were African-American.
(d) They were all boys.
4. What did Douglas look for in order to establish criminals from other people?
(a) Behavioral clues.
(b) Blonde Hair.
(c) A blank expression.
(d) A criminal record.
5. Where did the Son of Sam stalk his victims?
(a) The local bar.
(b) Lover's Lane.
(c) The post office.
(d) The supermarket.
6. What was published in the book "Sexual Homicide: Patterns and Motives"?
(a) A history of the FBI.
(b) The secret identity of Charles Manson.
(c) The results of the prison interview study.
(d) Patterns and motives.
7. What was Monte Ralph Rissell's first crime after the trigger that set him off?
(a) He killed a man.
(b) He stole a car.
(c) He abducted a prostitute with a gun.
(d) He stole from a department store.
8. How many victims were interviewed for the prison interview study?
9. How did the ATKID killer take away children from the abduction scene?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By motorcycle.
(d) By foot.
10. In Chapter 8, what case did Douglas use to show how profiling narrows the suspect list?
(a) The case of Bob Ewells.
(b) The case of Christin Frank.
(c) The case of Francine Elveson
(d) The case of Hank Simpson.
11. In Chapter 10, Douglas cited a murder case from Rome, Georgia, where a 12 year old was murdered. How was she killed?
(b) Blunt force trauma.
(d) Gun shot.
12. In Chapter 9, what cases were the least important to Douglas?
(a) The highly publicized cases.
(b) Cold cases and large department cases.
(c) Theft cases.
(d) Rape and murder cases.
13. During what time period did the Son of Sam strike New York?
(a) Between July, 1976 and July, 1977.
(b) Between February, 1980 and March, 1990.
(c) Between May, 1970 and July, 1971.
(d) Between June, 1962 and December, 1968.
14. Why did Douglas decide that Russell Odom and Clay Lawson were not criminally insane?
(a) They returned to commit their crime a second time.
(b) They succeeded in their crime.
(c) They left a letter at the crime scene.
(d) They left no weapon at the crime scene.
15. What did Douglas think of Kemper?
(a) He was a cold blooded killer.
(b) He was kind and funny.
(c) He was remorseful.
(d) He was scary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kemper live when he was interviewed in Chapter 6?
2. Who created the Applied Criminal Psychology course in 1972?
3. Where did Douglas receive murder scene training while in Milwaukee?
4. What did Douglas' wife do for a job while living in Milwaukee?
5. What does Douglas claim is a critical part of profiling?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)