|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what did the task force stay behind to learn?
(a) To study faster than the killers who learned more by killing.
(b) How to arrest a murderer.
(c) How to set up surveillance cameras.
(d) How to analyze crime scenes.
2. What crime did Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris commit?
(a) They murdered a 7-11 clerk.
(b) They murdered eldery men.
(c) They tortured and killed teenage girls in a van.
(d) They robbed mini-malls.
3. What is the phrase "betting on raindrops rolling down the window" a metaphor for?
(a) Serial killers that mess up.
(b) Bettors that wager on anything because they love to bet.
(c) Bettors that are afraid to win.
(d) Criminals that fail.
4. What did Jerry Brudos keep in his freezer as a souvenir of his crimes?
(a) A severed ear.
(b) A pint of ice cream.
(c) An arm.
(d) A cut off foot.
5. Where did road schools teach?
(b) College campuses.
(c) FBI headquarters.
(d) Police stations or academies.
6. When was the FBI authorized to become involved with the murders that took place in Atlanta in Chapter 11?
(a) When ten people were murdered.
(b) When interstate kidnapping or federal civil rights were violated by the killer.
(c) The FBI never became involved.
(d) After a year.
7. In Chapter 9, what cases were the least important to Douglas?
(a) The highly publicized cases.
(b) Rape and murder cases.
(c) Theft cases.
(d) Cold cases and large department cases.
8. Under Hoover, the Behavioral Science Unit was referred to as _______________.
(b) The pit.
9. In Chapter 4, what terrifying experience happened to Douglas?
(a) He met the Unibomber.
(b) He was almost shot to death.
(c) His wife was held hostage.
(d) His child drowned.
10. In what order does Douglas prepare his criminal profile?
(a) Medical examiner's report, preliminary police report, crime scene photos, schematic drawing.
(b) Schematic drawing, medical examiner's report, preliminary police report, crime-scene photos.
(c) Crime scene photos,medical examiner's report, preliminary police report, schematic drawing.
(d) Preliminary police report, crime-scene photos,medical examiner's report, schematic drawing.
11. In what year did the ATKID killer attack?
12. In what year was Wayne Williams found guilty by a jury?
13. What job was Douglas assigned while working for the Air Force in New Mexico?
(b) Office manager.
(c) Clerk typist.
14. In Chapter 1, who does Douglas think is a model profiler?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
15. Why did Douglas decide that Russell Odom and Clay Lawson were not criminally insane?
(a) They returned to commit their crime a second time.
(b) They succeeded in their crime.
(c) They left a letter at the crime scene.
(d) They left no weapon at the crime scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Douglas think of Kemper?
2. Who censured Douglas at the start of Wayne Williams' trial?
3. What was Monte Ralph Rissell's first crime after the trigger that set him off?
4. What does Douglas claim is a critical part of profiling?
5. How many cases did Douglas take in 1980?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)