Prologue through Chapter 5
1. Where was Douglas when the prologue began?
(a) In his office interviewing a serial killer.
(b) At his house with his wife.
(c) In a hospital recovering from a breakdown.
(d) In college.
2. In Chapter 1, who does Douglas think is a model profiler?
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
3. Where was Douglas born?
4. What did Douglas want to be when he grew up?
(a) A layer.
(b) A trainer at Sea World.
(c) A vet.
(d) A carpenter.
5. What legal trouble did Douglas run into while in college?
(b) Underage drinking.
(c) Drug usage.
(d) Unpaid parking tickets.
6. What job was Douglas assigned while working for the Air Force in New Mexico?
(b) Office manager.
(d) Clerk typist.
7. In Chapter 3, in what area did Douglas work towards a masters degree?
(a) Law and society.
(b) Business management.
(c) Industrial psychology.
(d) Abnormal psychology.
8. What is the phrase "betting on raindrops rolling down the window" a metaphor for?
(a) Bettors that wager on anything because they love to bet.
(b) Serial killers that mess up.
(c) Bettors that are afraid to win.
(d) Criminals that fail.
This section contains 4,205 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)