Prologue through Chapter 5
• Prologue- Chapter 1
• Douglas was in the hospital recovering from an emotional breakdown and a brain hemorrhage.
• Douglas was confined to a wheelchair but recovered.
• Douglas compared a killer to a lion stalking its weakest prey.
• Investigators tried to determine what was occurring inside the mind of killers.
• Douglas writes that killers are not driven by logic, so investigators must think as killers do.
• Sherlock Holmes is the FBI's model profiler.
• Chapters 2-3
• Chapter 2 describes Douglas' childhood
• Douglas originally wanted to become a vet.
• Douglas joined the Air Force and was eventually asked to run Special Services' athletics.
• The Air Force paid for night school, and Douglas received a degree in industrial psychology.
• In 1970, the FBI asked Douglas to join.
• "Betting on raindrops rolling down the window" is Douglas' way of saying that killers kill because that is what they do.
• Douglas scored 100% on his FBI...
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)