Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle Deane tell Tom that he does well not to tell people how old he is?
2. What is George Eliot trying to communicate with the title, "The Torn Nest is Pierced by the Thorns"?
3. Why does Maggie have nightmares while she sleeps on the boat with Stephen?
4. Why does Maggie criticize the book, Corinne, which Philip brings to her?
5. What clue does George Eliot give us to indicate that Stephen Guest is married at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of Book Three, Mr. Tulliver insists on having Tom write in the Bible that Mr. Tulliver never wants to work for Wakem and that although he serves him honestly, he wishes evil befalls him. Why do you think that Mr. Tulliver wants to have these words written in the Bible? Why does the family find it so shocking that he writes these words in the Bible? Support your answer with details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Who do you think is more forgiving, Maggie or Tom? Support your answer with details from The Mill on the Floss.
Essay Topic 3
When Maggie is a child, the adults around her worry about her future. Why do they worry so much about her? What is their main concern? Support your answer with details from the novel.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)