|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Chapter 8 | Book 6: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maggie happy to run into Philip?
(a) She wants to let him know that she does not blame him for what happens.
(b) She wants to tell him just what she thinks of what her father does to her family.
(c) She thinks that he may want to talk to her.
(d) She hopes that he brings her some books to read or at least tell her some stories.
2. How does Maggie de-stress when she is frustrated?
(a) She beats up an old wooden doll in the attic.
(b) She goes fishing with Tom.
(c) She gets into some kind of mischief.
(d) She goes swimming in the Floss.
3. Why does Mrs. Tulliver not want Maggie to do any work that is hard on her hands?
(a) She still hopes for a good marriage for Maggie and wants her hands kept soft.
(b) She fears that Maggie hurts herself doing hard work.
(c) She thinks of Maggie as her baby because she is the youngest.
(d) She worries that Maggie gets the idea of looking for work as a housemaid.
4. What kind of a job does Mr. Deane eventually find for Tom?
(a) A job working as a laborer on a farm.
(b) A bookkeeping job.
(c) A job working in the mill.
(d) A warehouse job.
5. Why does Mrs. Pullet want to intervene in the quarrel between Mrs. Glegg and Mr. Tulliver?
(a) She does not like to have family members arguing with each other.
(b) Mrs. Tulliver asks her to intervene.
(c) She does not want people in town to hear that her family is quarreling over money.
(d) She hopes to borrow money from Mrs. Glegg herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie continue to see Philip when she does not believe she is ever able to marry him?
2. How do Tom and Philip react when they first meet each other?
3. What is Mr. Tulliver's opinion of lawyers?
4. Why doesn't Philip want to ask Maggie to marry him right away?
5. How does Tom come up with capital to finance his venture with Bob?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)