|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Chapter 8 | Book 6: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Tulliver change his mind about asking the Mosses to pay their debt?
(a) He realizes that he doesn't really need the money that badly.
(b) He remembers that the Mosses have a lot of expenses to pay.
(c) He wants Tom to be generous with Maggie if she ever needs it.
(d) He thinks about how he feels in Mr. Moss's position.
2. Why does Maggie resolve never to see Philip again?
(a) She thinks that he has something to do with her family's bankruptcy.
(b) Her family does not approve.
(c) She does not like him very well.
(d) She supposes that he must have many other things to do with his time.
3. How does the narrator say that Maggie looks compared to her cousin Lucy?
(a) Like a rough, dark, overgrown puppy.
(b) Like a cold, clear shaft of ice.
(c) Like a bright, sharp knife blade.
(d) Like a newly blossomed rose.
4. Why is Maggie admitted to society and invited to social events that are thought to be above her station?
(a) Lucy personally asks her friends to invite Maggie to events.
(b) Maggie is assertive about making sure that she is included.
(c) Lucy and Stephen want her to be included, so others include her.
(d) Maggie's mother takes it upon herself to make sure that Maggie is included.
5. How does Tom come up with capital to finance his venture with Bob?
(a) He asks his father if he can use the money they are slowly saving.
(b) He saves the money from his work at his job.
(c) He gets the money from his Uncle Deane.
(d) He gets the money from his Aunt Glegg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Glegg get angry with Mr. Glegg the morning after they come home from visiting the Tullivers?
2. How does Mr. Tulliver react to Mrs. Pullet's plan to mediate on his behalf with Mrs. Glegg?
3. How does Tom feel about the argument with Philip?
4. What is the real reason why Maggie is not tired the night after meeting Stephen?
5. Who is the one person Mr. Tulliver recognizes after his fall from the horse?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)