|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 7 | Book 6: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Tulliver planning to send away to school?
(a) His wife, Mrs. Tulliver.
(b) His niece, Lucy.
(c) His daughter, Maggie.
(d) His son, Tom.
2. Why is Maggie nervous about seeing Tom when he comes home?
(a) She thinks he forgets about her since he is away.
(b) She forgets to feed his rabbits and they die.
(c) She fears that Tom is upset about being sent away to study.
(d) She wants to convince him to take her fishing with him.
3. Why is it particularly bad timing for Mr. Tulliver to lose the lawsuit?
(a) He hopes to be able to afford to keep Tom in school.
(b) He is hoping to take out a second mortgage on his property.
(c) He is just about to expand the mill.
(d) He has listed his household furniture as security to pay a debt.
4. How does Tom force Maggie to stop seeing Philip?
(a) He threatens to take away Maggie's books.
(b) He threatens Philip with bodily harm if he sees Maggie again.
(c) He sends Maggie away to another town.
(d) He threatens to tell their father if she does not.
5. Why has Philip come to see Maggie?
(a) He has a message from his father.
(b) He wants to do something to help.
(c) He brings something for her family.
(d) He wants to be friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Pullet want to intervene in the quarrel between Mrs. Glegg and Mr. Tulliver?
2. How does Maggie de-stress when she is frustrated?
3. Why does Maggie dunk her head in a tub of water?
4. To whom does Tom go for advice about getting a job?
5. Why does Mr. Tulliver want Tom to study drawing?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)