|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 7 | Book 6: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie dunk her head in a tub of water?
(a) She is trying to make her mother think that she takes a bath.
(b) She does not want her mother to try to curl it.
(c) She is too hot and wants to cool off.
(d) She spills something on her hair.
2. What surprise does Tom bring back for Maggie from school?
(a) Some marbles.
(b) A new fishing line.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A bird's nest.
3. How does Maggie react to the aunt's criticism of her hair?
(a) She braids it and puts a hat on.
(b) She sticks her head in a bucket of water.
(c) She cuts it.
(d) She brushes it.
4. How does the narrator say that Maggie looks compared to her cousin Lucy?
(a) Like a cold, clear shaft of ice.
(b) Like a bright, sharp knife blade.
(c) Like a newly blossomed rose.
(d) Like a rough, dark, overgrown puppy.
5. What does Mr. Riley recommend that Mr. Tulliver do about Tom's education?
(a) Send him to boarding school.
(b) Send him to the village school.
(c) Send him to study with a parson.
(d) Send him to study with a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie react when Tom takes Lucy to the pond and tells Maggie not to come?
2. How does Tom hurt his foot?
3. How does Tom force Maggie to stop seeing Philip?
4. What does Maggie find the most difficult about living at home, in poverty?
5. What does Mr. Tulliver feel is his strongest reason for staying and working at the mill?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)