|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 7 | Book 6: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Pullet want to intervene in the quarrel between Mrs. Glegg and Mr. Tulliver?
(a) Mrs. Tulliver asks her to intervene.
(b) She does not like to have family members arguing with each other.
(c) She does not want people in town to hear that her family is quarreling over money.
(d) She hopes to borrow money from Mrs. Glegg herself.
2. Why has Philip come to see Maggie?
(a) He wants to do something to help.
(b) He has a message from his father.
(c) He brings something for her family.
(d) He wants to be friends.
3. How does Philip shake Maggie's resolve never to see him again?
(a) He asks her whether she does not like him as she once does.
(b) He tells her that she is just trying to stupefy herself into resignation.
(c) He tells her that she is missing all that life has to offer.
(d) He tells her that he cannot live without her.
4. How does Maggie react to the aunt's criticism of her hair?
(a) She braids it and puts a hat on.
(b) She brushes it.
(c) She cuts it.
(d) She sticks her head in a bucket of water.
5. What does the narrator think of Mrs. Pullet's grief over old Mrs. Sutton's death?
(a) She thinks it is intended to irritate the Dodson sisters.
(b) She considers it to be phony and contrived.
(c) She considers it to be genuine and sincere.
(d) She feels that it is unnecessarily melodramatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom think of Maggie?
2. Why does Mr. Tulliver change his mind about asking the Mosses to pay their debt?
3. How does Mr. Tulliver look when he goes to meet his creditors and pay them?
4. What does Mrs. Moss do when she arrives?
5. What does Mr. Tulliver plan to do once the debts are paid?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)