|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1 | Book 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie react to the aunt's criticism of her hair?
(a) She braids it and puts a hat on.
(b) She sticks her head in a bucket of water.
(c) She brushes it.
(d) She cuts it.
2. What surprise does Tom bring back for Maggie from school?
(a) Some marbles.
(b) A bird's nest.
(c) A new fishing line.
(d) A kitten.
3. Why does Tom have a hard time at school with Mr. Stelling?
(a) He does not like to work and would rather go fishing.
(b) He is not good at learning things like geometry and Latin.
(c) He does not like living with Mr. Stelling.
(d) He misses his family at home in St. Ogg's.
4. How does Mrs. Moss soften Mr. Tulliver's anger?
(a) She praises his son, Tom.
(b) She offers him a piece of pie.
(c) She praises his daughter, Maggie.
(d) She reminds him of their childhood together.
5. Why is Mr. Tulliver in such a bad mood at Christmas?
(a) He is upset because Tom is not doing so well in his studies.
(b) He is upset about a farmer using the river to irrigate his crops.
(c) He is upset because he is not getting along well with Mrs. Tulliver.
(d) He is upset because Maggie wants to go to school as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Tulliver react to Mrs. Pullet's plan to mediate on his behalf with Mrs. Glegg?
2. What part of the book is introduced in the first chapter?
3. How does Tom spend his afternoon on the day that he gets home?
4. How does Tom feel about the argument with Philip?
5. Why does Maggie leap to Tom's defense while Mr. Tulliver discusses Tom's education with Mr. Riley?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)