|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1 | Book 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think about the system of sending boys to study with independent schoolmasters, such as Mr. Stelling?
(a) She thinks that it leaves a boy's education up to pure luck.
(b) She thinks it is wrong for boys to leave their homes to go to school.
(c) She feels that girls should also go to school with independent schoolmasters.
(d) She approves of the individual attention that boys get from these teachers.
2. How does Tom react to his father's accident?
(a) He decides to challenge Wakem to a duel.
(b) He looks for a job so he can support the family.
(c) He tells Maggie never to speak to Philip again.
(d) He tries to comfort his mother and sister.
3. Why does Mrs. Pullet want to intervene in the quarrel between Mrs. Glegg and Mr. Tulliver?
(a) Mrs. Tulliver asks her to intervene.
(b) She does not like to have family members arguing with each other.
(c) She does not want people in town to hear that her family is quarreling over money.
(d) She hopes to borrow money from Mrs. Glegg herself.
4. Who is the one person Mr. Tulliver recognizes after his fall from the horse?
(c) Mrs. Tulliver.
5. How does Maggie react to the aunt's criticism of her hair?
(a) She sticks her head in a bucket of water.
(b) She braids it and puts a hat on.
(c) She cuts it.
(d) She brushes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Tulliver's accident cause Maggie to grow up?
2. Why does looking at the new bonnet make Mrs. Tulliver and Mrs. Pullet so sad?
3. What attribute do all the Dodson sisters have in common?
4. How does Mr. Tulliver react to Mrs. Pullet's plan to mediate on his behalf with Mrs. Glegg?
5. What does the narrator think of Mrs. Pullet's grief over old Mrs. Sutton's death?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)