|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9 | Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute do all the Dodson sisters have in common?
(a) They are all wealthy.
(b) They are known for their beauty.
(c) They are very strongminded.
(d) They take pride in their family.
2. Why is Maggie nervous about seeing Tom when he comes home?
(a) She fears that Tom is upset about being sent away to study.
(b) She wants to convince him to take her fishing with him.
(c) She thinks he forgets about her since he is away.
(d) She forgets to feed his rabbits and they die.
3. How does Maggie react when Tom takes Lucy to the pond and tells Maggie not to come?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She begins to fight with Tom.
(c) She pushes Lucy into the mud.
(d) She jumps into the pond.
4. Who is Mr. Tulliver planning to send away to school?
(a) His son, Tom.
(b) His niece, Lucy.
(c) His daughter, Maggie.
(d) His wife, Mrs. Tulliver.
5. While Mr. Tulliver is talking to Mr. Riley about Tom, what does he confide in Mr. Riley about Maggie?
(a) He fears that Maggie is sorry to see Tom go away to school.
(b) He fears that Maggie never wants to leave home because she is so close to her parents.
(c) He fears that Maggie is popular with the boys when she is older.
(d) He fears that Maggie's cleverness leads to trouble when she grows up and becomes a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of Mrs. Pullet's grief over old Mrs. Sutton's death?
2. How does Tom spend his afternoon on the day that he gets home?
3. How does Mrs. Moss soften Mr. Tulliver's anger?
4. What happens to Maggie when she tries to hug Tom because she is so delighted by the music coming from the music box?
5. Why does Mrs. Tulliver panic when she cannot find Maggie?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)