|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9 | Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maggie nervous about seeing Tom when he comes home?
(a) She forgets to feed his rabbits and they die.
(b) She fears that Tom is upset about being sent away to study.
(c) She wants to convince him to take her fishing with him.
(d) She thinks he forgets about her since he is away.
2. How does Maggie de-stress when she is frustrated?
(a) She goes swimming in the Floss.
(b) She beats up an old wooden doll in the attic.
(c) She goes fishing with Tom.
(d) She gets into some kind of mischief.
3. Who is Mr. Tulliver planning to send away to school?
(a) His daughter, Maggie.
(b) His son, Tom.
(c) His niece, Lucy.
(d) His wife, Mrs. Tulliver.
4. While Mr. Tulliver is talking to Mr. Riley about Tom, what does he confide in Mr. Riley about Maggie?
(a) He fears that Maggie never wants to leave home because she is so close to her parents.
(b) He fears that Maggie is popular with the boys when she is older.
(c) He fears that Maggie is sorry to see Tom go away to school.
(d) He fears that Maggie's cleverness leads to trouble when she grows up and becomes a woman.
5. What attribute do all the Dodson sisters have in common?
(a) They take pride in their family.
(b) They are very strongminded.
(c) They are known for their beauty.
(d) They are all wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise does Tom bring back for Maggie from school?
2. Why is it hard on Maggie to have her aunts and uncles and cousins come to visit?
3. What do Mrs. Tulliver's sisters tell Mr. Tulliver about the clergyman he plans to send Tom to study with?
4. How does Mrs. Moss soften Mr. Tulliver's anger?
5. How does the narrator say that Maggie looks compared to her cousin Lucy?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)