|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9 | Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute do all the Dodson sisters have in common?
(a) They are all wealthy.
(b) They are known for their beauty.
(c) They are very strongminded.
(d) They take pride in their family.
2. While Mr. Tulliver is talking to Mr. Riley about Tom, what does he confide in Mr. Riley about Maggie?
(a) He fears that Maggie is sorry to see Tom go away to school.
(b) He fears that Maggie never wants to leave home because she is so close to her parents.
(c) He fears that Maggie's cleverness leads to trouble when she grows up and becomes a woman.
(d) He fears that Maggie is popular with the boys when she is older.
3. How does Maggie de-stress when she is frustrated?
(a) She goes swimming in the Floss.
(b) She gets into some kind of mischief.
(c) She beats up an old wooden doll in the attic.
(d) She goes fishing with Tom.
4. What do Mrs. Tulliver's sisters tell Mr. Tulliver about the clergyman he plans to send Tom to study with?
(a) Sending Tom to study with the clergyman is very expensive.
(b) A local lawyer, Wakem, is also sending his son to the same clergyman.
(c) There are recent improvements to the local school.
(d) The clergyman recently stops taking students.
5. Why is it hard on Maggie to have her aunts and uncles and cousins come to visit?
(a) Her cousin Lucy does not like to play with Maggie.
(b) Her cousin Lucy is much more docile and obedient than Maggie.
(c) Maggie does not like her aunts and uncles and cousins.
(d) Maggie wants to have Tom all to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do we know that Maggie tends to be rambunctious?
2. How does the narrator say that Maggie looks compared to her cousin Lucy?
3. What does the narrator think of Mrs. Pullet's grief over old Mrs. Sutton's death?
4. How does Tom spend his afternoon on the day that he gets home?
5. What does the narrator say it means when a young boy appears sheepish?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)