|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Chapter 10 | Book 6: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wakem ask Mr. Tulliver to run the mill?
(a) It is a way for Mr. Wakem to help the Tullivers.
(b) It givez Philip a chance to get to know Maggie again.
(c) It humiliatez him to work for Mr. Wakem.
(d) It helpz him to get back on his feet again.
2. How does Maggie de-stress when she is frustrated?
(a) She goes swimming in the Floss.
(b) She beats up an old wooden doll in the attic.
(c) She goes fishing with Tom.
(d) She gets into some kind of mischief.
3. Why do you think that George Eliot chooses to begin a new book, Book II, with the chapter in which Tom first goes away to school?
(a) Tom has a birthday.
(b) She has not written about Tom previously in the book.
(c) Book I is getting long, so it is time to switch books.
(d) It relates to a different setting and a different topic than Book I.
4. What does Mr. Tulliver feel is his strongest reason for staying and working at the mill?
(a) He hopes to pay off his debts.
(b) His wife asks him to.
(c) He lives there all his life and loves it.
(d) He has no other job.
5. Why does Maggie come to get Tom at school during his last quarter at King's Lorton?
(a) Mr. Tulliver wants Tom to return home in order to run the mill.
(b) Mr. Tulliver becomes a farmer and needs Tom to work on the farm.
(c) Mr. Tulliver loses the lawsuit and has to give up all his property.
(d) Mr. Tulliver needs Tom to testify in the lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stephen want to marry Lucy?
2. How does Mrs. Glegg react to Mr. Tulliver's letter?
3. What does the narrator think of Mrs. Pullet's grief over old Mrs. Sutton's death?
4. What does Maggie think of Tom's lessons with Mr. Stelling when she visits?
5. Why do Tom and Philip become closer again for a little while while Tom is recovering from his injury?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)