|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Chapter 10 | Book 6: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wakem talk to Maggie at the bazaar?
(a) Because Philip wants to marry her.
(b) Because he wants to buy some knit goods from her.
(c) Because he wants her advice about the mill.
(d) Because he forgives her family.
2. How do we know that Tom is a very able employee?
(a) He is offered a share of the business at Guest and Company.
(b) He is earning a good income for his family.
(c) Tom says that he feels he is doing a good job.
(d) Tom insists on continuing to invest money in entrepreneurial schemes.
3. How does Mrs. Glegg react to Mr. Tulliver's letter?
(a) She considers taking the Tulliver children out of her will.
(b) She goes directly to the Tulliver home to speak with Mr. Tulliver in person.
(c) She complains bitterly to her sisters about Mr. Tulliver.
(d) She stops speaking to the Tullivers.
4. How does Mrs. Moss soften Mr. Tulliver's anger?
(a) She praises his daughter, Maggie.
(b) She reminds him of their childhood together.
(c) She offers him a piece of pie.
(d) She praises his son, Tom.
5. What does Mr. Riley recommend that Mr. Tulliver do about Tom's education?
(a) Send him to study with a parson.
(b) Send him to study with a lawyer.
(c) Send him to the village school.
(d) Send him to boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does the narrator use to describe what she calls "the mental condition of these emmet-like Dodsons and Tullivers"?
2. What does Philip argue with his father, Mr. Wakem, about?
3. What does Tom want to do to make more money?
4. How does Tom react when he is offered a share in the business at Guest and Company?
5. What does Mr. Tulliver do when he happens to run into Mr. Wakem after he pays off his other creditors?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)