|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 1 | Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom want to do to make more money?
(a) Get a second job.
(b) Go back to school to get a better education.
(c) Speculate by investing in businesses.
(d) Trade, by sending cargo out to foreign ports.
2. How does Maggie react to the aunt's criticism of her hair?
(a) She cuts it.
(b) She sticks her head in a bucket of water.
(c) She brushes it.
(d) She braids it and puts a hat on.
3. Why is Maggie happy to run into Philip?
(a) She wants to tell him just what she thinks of what her father does to her family.
(b) She hopes that he brings her some books to read or at least tell her some stories.
(c) She thinks that he may want to talk to her.
(d) She wants to let him know that she does not blame him for what happens.
4. What do the aunts and uncles think of Tom, now that he grows up?
(a) He may be able to restore the Tullivers' good name.
(b) He becomes a credit to the family.
(c) He is an embarrassment to the family.
(d) He should leave the Tullivers and live somewhere else.
5. How does Mr. Tulliver react to Mrs. Pullet's plan to mediate on his behalf with Mrs. Glegg?
(a) He decides to borrow the money to pay Mrs. Glegg back.
(b) He decides to go to Mrs. Glegg himself and ask her to wait a while longer for the money.
(c) He already has the money and pays Mrs. lregg back right away.
(d) He tells Mrs. Pullet how grateful he is to have her help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie think of Tom's lessons with Mr. Stelling when she visits?
2. Why does Mr. Wakem ask Mr. Tulliver to run the mill?
3. Why does Mr. Wakem decide to buy the mill?
4. Why does Mr. Tulliver change his mind about asking the Mosses to pay their debt?
5. Why does Mr. Tulliver agree to run the mill, even though Mr. Wakem now owns it ?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)