|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harper tell Joe to go in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 7 take place?
3. What are Hannah and Sister Ella Chapter discussing in Act 2, Scene 10?
4. What does Martin say it is the "end of" in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Prior in Act 3, Scene 1? Who is his first visitor?
2. How does Joe's sense of ethics come to the forefront in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What is the third omen of the coming of the Angel in Act 3?
4. What does Joe tell Roy in Act 3, Scene 5? What is Roy's response?
5. Where is Joe and Louis' relationship at the end of the play? Who arrives at the end of the play?
6. How does Harper's world relate to Roy's in Act 3?
7. How is Joe's relationship to heritage like that of Louis' in Act 2, Scene 8?
8. How does Harper's location relate to the Angel's in Act 3?
9. How do Joe's ethics and politics conflict in Millennium Approaches?
10. What story does Joe tell Louis in Act 2, Scene 7? How does Louis respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stylistic elements of Millennium Approaches. What is Kushner's greatest influence in his style of staging the play? What effect do these staging choices create?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of AIDS in Millennium Approaches. Which characters face AIDS as a major battle in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the parallels of the relationship between Harper and Joe and that of Louis and Prior. How does Kushner illuminate those parallels?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)