|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sister Ella Chapter's job?
2. What does Joe tell Roy in Act 3, Scene 5 about the job?
3. What does Harper say is in her lungs in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What does Louis say he feels like walking into a bar in London?
5. What does Hannah get directions for from the homeless woman in Act 3, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis try to intellectualize his behavior in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Why does Joe call his mother in Act 2, Scene 8? What is her initial response?
3. How do Joe's ethics and politics conflict in Millennium Approaches?
4. How is Joe's relationship to heritage like that of Louis' in Act 2, Scene 8?
5. How does Joe respond to Roy's unwarranted advances in Act 3, Scene 5? Who arrives after Joe leaves?
6. Where is Harper in Act 3, Scene 3?
7. Where does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
8. Who is the second visitor who appears to Prior in Act 3, Scene 1? What does he tell Prior?
9. How does Hannah get directions in Act 3, Scene 4?
10. How does Joe's sense of ethics come to the forefront in Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of American politics in Millennium Approaches. How are Kushner's political views evident in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the sociopolitical atmosphere of New York in 1985. What is the American economy like during this time? How is this evident in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the parallels of the relationship between Harper and Joe and that of Louis and Prior. How does Kushner illuminate those parallels?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)