|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the homeless woman ask if Hannah has read?
2. Where does Roy want Joe to take a job?
3. What does Hannah say the conversation with Joe is in Act 2, Scene 8?
4. What is Joe eating in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. What does Roy say that he hates in Act 3, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe respond to Roy's unwarranted advances in Act 3, Scene 5? Who arrives after Joe leaves?
2. How does Harper's world relate to Roy's in Act 3?
3. What is Joe's confession to Harper in Act 2, Scene 9?
4. How do Joe's ethics and politics conflict in Millennium Approaches?
5. Why does Joe call his mother in Act 2, Scene 8? What is her initial response?
6. Who is Martin and what does he say in Act 2, Scene 6?
7. How does Harper's location relate to the Angel's in Act 3?
8. What is the scene split between in Act 2, Scene 9? What takes place?
9. Where is Prior in Act 3, Scene 1? Who is his first visitor?
10. What is Act 3, Scene 2 split between? What is taking place at the beginning of this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Roy Cohn and his real-life model. Who is Ethel Rosenberg? What is the significance of her character's appearance at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences between Judaism and Mormonism in the play. What do these religions share? How are they different? What ties does each have to America?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the parallels of the relationship between Harper and Joe and that of Louis and Prior. How does Kushner illuminate those parallels?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)