|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy call Joe in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. What does Prior say that Louis' heart is in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. What street is Hannah looking for in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Where is Harper in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does the homeless woman say the Kosciusko Bridge was named after in Act 3, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the second visitor who appears to Prior in Act 3, Scene 1? What does he tell Prior?
2. Why does Joe call his mother in Act 2, Scene 8? What is her initial response?
3. How does Harper feel about where she is in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What does Joe tell Roy in Act 3, Scene 5? What is Roy's response?
5. What do the knives represent symbolically to Harper in Act 2, Scene 9?
6. How does Harper's world relate to Roy's in Act 3?
7. What story does Joe tell Louis in Act 2, Scene 7? How does Louis respond?
8. How does Hannah get directions in Act 3, Scene 4?
9. What is the political background that Kushner represents in Act 2, Scene 6? How does this represent the relationships in the play?
10. How is Joe's relationship to heritage like that of Louis' in Act 2, Scene 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stylistic elements of Millennium Approaches. What is Kushner's greatest influence in his style of staging the play? What effect do these staging choices create?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Prior 1 and Prior 2. What period of history are each of these characters from and why is this significant? Why do they come to visit Prior?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of fantasy versus reality. How does this theme apply to the protagonists of Millennium Approaches? How does it apply to Roy?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)