|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wood is the coffin made of in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How long does Louis say his grandmother was in a home in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Prior say is the reason he hasn't told Louis he's getting sick?
4. Who was in the fighting picture Joe looked at in the Bible?
5. What religion is Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harper feel about Joe's job offer in Act 1, Scene 5? How does Joe feel?
2. Describe the relationship that Louis has with Judaism as shown in Act 1. How does the rabbi know Louis' grandmother?
3. Who is Belize and what do he and Prior talk about in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. How does Louis and Prior's relationship and Joe and Harper's relationship mirror each other in Act 2?
5. Describe the character of Joe in Millennium Approaches. What are Joe's religious beliefs?
6. Compare the characters of Roy and Joe in Millennium Approaches with regard to politics.
7. Describe the character of Roy Cohn. What is his occupation? What is his office like?
8. What conversation takes place between Louis and Emily in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. What elements of Roy's character make him an antagonist in the play?
10. What symbols are represented in the end of Prior's dream in Act 1, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Prior's feelings about the approach of the Angel. What happens to him when the Voice speaks to him? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Prior 1 and Prior 2. What period of history are each of these characters from and why is this significant? Why do they come to visit Prior?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the parallels of the relationship between Harper and Joe and that of Louis and Prior. How does Kushner illuminate those parallels?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)