|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lesions does Roy have?
2. What does Joe tell Louis he's not in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. Roy tells Joe in Act 2, Scene 4 that the most precious asset in life is to be a good what?
4. Where are Joe and Roy in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Prior say that Louis gets at family gatherings in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the marriage of Joe and Harper as established in Act 1, Scene 3. What is significant about Joe's nickname for Harper?
2. What does Prior's story of his ancestor's sinking ship symbolize in Millennium Approaches?
3. What does Henry tell Roy in Act 1, Scene 9? What is Roy's response?
4. What symbols are represented in the end of Prior's dream in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. Who is Belize and what do he and Prior talk about in Act 2, Scene 5?
6. What is Joe's response when Harper solicits him sexually in Act 1, Scene 5? Why?
7. Why does Kushner use split scenes in Millennium Approaches? What effect does this have?
8. How does Prior reveal his illness to Louis in Act 1, Scene 4? Why hasn't he revealed it before?
9. Describe the character of Joe in Millennium Approaches. What are Joe's religious beliefs?
10. What is Roy's response when Joe asks him not to use the Lord's name in vain in Act 1, Scene 2? What does he offer Joe in this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Prior Walter. What is the significance of Prior's ancestry in Millennium Approaches? How is this represented in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of American politics in Millennium Approaches. How are Kushner's political views evident in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Prior's feelings about the approach of the Angel. What happens to him when the Voice speaks to him? Why?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)