|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rabbi's name in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What powerful man does Roy consider the most like a father to him?
3. Where does the man in the park want Louis to take him in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Who on the phone does Roy mistake for a man in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who does Prior meet in his dream in Act 1, Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe tell Roy about his marriage in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Describe the marriage of Joe and Harper as established in Act 1, Scene 3. What is significant about Joe's nickname for Harper?
3. How does Harper feel about Joe's job offer in Act 1, Scene 5? How does Joe feel?
4. What does Henry tell Roy in Act 1, Scene 9? What is Roy's response?
5. What does Prior's story of his ancestor's sinking ship symbolize in Millennium Approaches?
6. What does Harper tell Joe to do in Act 2, Scene 2? How does this statement arise?
7. Compare the characters of Roy and Joe in Millennium Approaches with regard to politics.
8. What symbols are represented in the end of Prior's dream in Act 1, Scene 7?
9. What is symbolic about Louis' intimate interaction with the stranger in the park in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. How does religion apply to the characters of Joe and Prior in Millennium Approaches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of fantasy versus reality. How does this theme apply to the protagonists of Millennium Approaches? How does it apply to Roy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the stylistic elements of Millennium Approaches. What is Kushner's greatest influence in his style of staging the play? What effect do these staging choices create?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of American politics in Millennium Approaches. How are Kushner's political views evident in the play?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)