|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Louis say his grandmother saw speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Vladimir Lenin.
(b) Mars Flescher.
(c) Emma Goldman.
(d) Chaim Potok.
2. What is the name of the travel agent who appears to Harper in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Mr. Snow.
(c) Mr. Lies.
3. What is Roy's doctor's name?
4. What does Prior do at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Roy say the father-son relationship is to life in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is embroidered on the shawl over the casket in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Roy's doctor says he's been seeing him since what year?
3. In what month does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
4. What does Prior say that Louis gets at family gatherings in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How many people made it to shore in the longboat that Prior talks of in Act 1, Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roy's response when Joe asks him not to use the Lord's name in vain in Act 1, Scene 2? What does he offer Joe in this scene?
2. What does Roy say to Joe about love and responsibility in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. How does religion apply to the characters of Joe and Prior in Millennium Approaches?
4. Describe the relationship that Louis has with Judaism as shown in Act 1. How does the rabbi know Louis' grandmother?
5. What does the title "In Vitro" mean in the play?
6. What is Joe's response when Harper solicits him sexually in Act 1, Scene 5? Why?
7. What elements of Roy's character make him an antagonist in the play?
8. How does Prior reveal his illness to Louis in Act 1, Scene 4? Why hasn't he revealed it before?
9. What symbols are represented in the end of Prior's dream in Act 1, Scene 7?
10. What does Harper tell Joe to do in Act 2, Scene 2? How does this statement arise?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)