|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act 1, Scene 9 take place in whose office?
(c) Roy's doctor's.
2. What does Joe tell Roy that Harper would do in Washington?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Fall apart.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Have a child.
3. What does Prior say that Louis gets at family gatherings in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Prior tell Louis not to touch in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His arm.
(b) His chest.
(c) His face.
(d) His leg.
5. What is the rabbi's name in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Isidor Chemelwitz.
(b) Chaim Chemelwitz.
(c) Isidor Rosenberg.
(d) Chaim Potok.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy say "is always at eight" in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What religion is Joe?
3. What is embroidered on the shawl over the casket in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Roy's doctor's name?
5. How many people had gotten onto the longboat as the ship sank in Act 1, Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Louis and the stranger in the park? Why does the stranger leave?
2. What is Prior's state in the beginning of Act 2?
3. Describe the relationship that Louis has with Judaism as shown in Act 1. How does the rabbi know Louis' grandmother?
4. Who is Belize and what do he and Prior talk about in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. How are Prior and Harper similar in the play? How is this shown in Act 1, Scene 7?
6. How does religion apply to the characters of Joe and Prior in Millennium Approaches?
7. Why does Kushner use split scenes in Millennium Approaches? What effect does this have?
8. What does Henry tell Roy in Act 1, Scene 9? What is Roy's response?
9. What symbols are represented in the end of Prior's dream in Act 1, Scene 7?
10. What does Joe want in Act 2 in regard to self destruction?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)