|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the "Ed" that Roy speaks of calling to get Joe the job in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Joe tell Louis he's not in Act 1, Scene 6?
(c) A lawyer.
3. What is the title of Act 2?
(a) Bad News.
(b) Not Yet Conscious, Forward Dawning.
(d) In Vitro.
4. What is the nickname Joe uses for Harper?
5. Where are Joe and Roy in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Roy's office.
(b) A bar.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wood is the coffin made of in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Act 1, Scene 5 is split between Louis at the grave and where?
3. Louis says what is the Jewish custom when burying someone in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Joe ask Harper to do with him in Act 1, Scene 8?
5. What does Prior say that WASPs don't say in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prior's story of his ancestor's sinking ship symbolize in Millennium Approaches?
2. What does Henry tell Roy in Act 1, Scene 9? What is Roy's response?
3. What does Prior say of Louis' behavior at the funeral in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What advice does Louis solicit from the rabbi in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What is Joe's response when Harper solicits him sexually in Act 1, Scene 5? Why?
6. Who is Belize and what do he and Prior talk about in Act 2, Scene 5?
7. How does Prior reveal his illness to Louis in Act 1, Scene 4? Why hasn't he revealed it before?
8. Describe the marriage of Joe and Harper as established in Act 1, Scene 3. What is significant about Joe's nickname for Harper?
9. How does Louis and Prior's relationship and Joe and Harper's relationship mirror each other in Act 2?
10. Describe the character of Roy Cohn. What is his occupation? What is his office like?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)