|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people had gotten onto the longboat as the ship sank in Act 1, Scene 8?
2. What is Prior doing in his dream in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Petting his cat.
(c) Writing a poem.
(d) Putting on makeup.
3. What does Prior tell Louis not to touch in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His arm.
(b) His chest.
(c) His face.
(d) His leg.
4. How does Harper say she loves Joe in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where does Harper tell Joe he should go in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man in the park live with in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What does Roy say "is always at eight" in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When does Joe tell Roy that Harper started taking a lot of pills?
4. What is the name of Louis and Prior's cat?
5. What Broadway show does Roy discourage his clients from seeing in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harper tell Joe to do in Act 2, Scene 2? How does this statement arise?
2. What does Roy say to Joe about love and responsibility in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. How does Prior reveal his illness to Louis in Act 1, Scene 4? Why hasn't he revealed it before?
4. How does Harper feel about Joe's job offer in Act 1, Scene 5? How does Joe feel?
5. Compare the characters of Roy and Joe in Millennium Approaches with regard to politics.
6. What does Prior's story of his ancestor's sinking ship symbolize in Millennium Approaches?
7. How does Louis and Prior's relationship and Joe and Harper's relationship mirror each other in Act 2?
8. Describe the character of Roy Cohn. What is his occupation? What is his office like?
9. What elements of Roy's character make him an antagonist in the play?
10. What does Joe tell Roy about his marriage in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)