|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the person with whom Horst Von Epp is meeting with at the end of Part 3 appears, what does he tell that individual to do?
2. How many Jews are murdered daily, according to Andrei's report?
3. How long is Andrei's report on the horrors at the Nazi labor camps?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 3, Andrei and Simon successfully fight the SS, using which two weapons?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 16, the Joint Forces have four more victories, but they are running out of ___________
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Communist faction of the Joint Forces attempts to escape the ghetto?
2. By Part 3, Chapter 12, The Civil Authority and the Jewish Security Force are told to find three Jews a day for deportation. If they do not, what happens? How do members of these two Jewish groups react?
3. What is Funk's plan for eradicating the Jews, as described in Part 4, Chapter 11, and how does Von Epp react to the plan?
4. When the last survivors leave the ghetto, how do both sides of the fight, the Nazis vs. the Jews, fare?
5. What is the United Forces?
6. What is Andrei's experience in Lublin in Part 3, Chapter 7?
7. By Part 4, Chapter 9, Funk is frustrated and embarrassed by his failures, so he turns the task of final liquidation over to Von Epp and Dr. Koenig. What is Koenig's first step?
8. Describe the situation in the Mila 18 bunker by April of 1943.
9. What other successful Jewish operations are described in Part 4, Chapter 7?
10. Describe the first two waves of attacks from the Nazis on the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Punishment and humiliation are strong motifs throughout Mila 18. Describe at least two examples of each motif occurring at different points throughout the story. Do these motifs always go hand-in-hand? Is one more prominent than the other?
Essay Topic 2
In Part 2, Andrei and Brandel strongly disagree on the best means for Jews to resist the German soldiers. Describe each man's belief in detail. Which man ultimately gives in, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Andrei's report? What information does the report reveal, and for whom is it meant?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)