|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of 500,000 Jews initially in the ghetto, how many survivors are left by the end of Part 4, Chapter 23?
2. What is the only reason NOT cited for individuals in the escape group of Part 4 dying while in the sewer?
3. How many trucks does Anna Grinspan manage to commandeer in Part 4?
4. When the various Jewish factions finally combine, what are they called?
5. How many individuals are in the group formed when the Jewish factions unite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other successful Jewish operations are described in Part 4, Chapter 7?
2. How is Stephan Bronski saved?
3. How do the German's gain access to Mila 18, and how does Simon help others escape?
4. Describe the first two waves of attacks from the Nazis on the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14.
5. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
6. How does Von Epp give Chris in their final meeting in Part 3?
7. Describe the takeover of the prison by the Joint Forces in Part 4, Chapter 5.
8. Describe what Chris reads about in Andrei's report on the work camps.
9. How do Von Epp and Funk view the war and its outcome differently in Part 4?
10. What is Funk's plan for eradicating the Jews, as described in Part 4, Chapter 11, and how does Von Epp react to the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dignity and honor are strong themes throughout Mila 18. Describe at least two examples of each theme from different points throughout the story. Which characters exemplify this theme?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Andrei's report? What information does the report reveal, and for whom is it meant?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Horst Von Epp's role in the book. How does he approach his job? Does his approach or attitude ever change? Is his attitude usual or unusual for someone in his position?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)