|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Good Fellowship Club bury in their final meeting?
2. What does Koenig offer the individual with whom he meets in the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 9?
3. When the person with whom Horst Von Epp is meeting with at the end of Part 3 appears, what does he tell that individual to do?
4. When the Nazis couldn't find enough 'volunteers' to go to the day labor camps, from where did the Nazis send people?
5. Paul Bronski brokers a deal with Koenig for the release of a number of professional Jews for how much money per person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Chris reads about in Andrei's report on the work camps.
2. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
3. Describe the takeover of the prison by the Joint Forces in Part 4, Chapter 5.
4. Describe Andrei's actions in Part 4 in helping people escape after Mila 18 has been compromised.
5. Describe the burial of the journals at the beginning of Part 4.
6. How do the German's gain access to Mila 18, and how does Simon help others escape?
7. What is Andrei's experience in Lublin in Part 3, Chapter 7?
8. How do Von Epp and Funk view the war and its outcome differently in Part 4?
9. How is Stephan Bronski saved?
10. What is Funk's plan for eradicating the Jews, as described in Part 4, Chapter 11, and how does Von Epp react to the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The women of Mila 18 are varied in personality and position, but also have some qualities in common. Compare and contrast any two of the following women:
• Deborah Bronski
• Ana Grinspan
• Gabriela Rak
• Rachel Bronski
Essay Topic 2
How can Koenig's attitude toward, and treatment of Paul Bronski be compared to the overall Nazi's attitude toward, and treatment of the Jews?
Essay Topic 3
Determine who the primary protagonist and antagonist of Mila 18 are, and explain how you reach those conclusions. At what point in the book does it become clear who the protagonist and antagonist are?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)