|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrei visits Paul Bronski in Part 2, Chapter 4 and tries to convince him of what?
2. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
3. To whom does Paul Bronski turn over all of his estate accounts?
4. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
5. When raiding homes in the ghetto, what does the Gestapo make residents do before they are shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Horst Von Epp, and why is his job ironic?
2. How is Stephan Bronski saved?
3. Prior to coming to Warsaw, on what does Chis report, and how are his report received?
4. What does Rabbi Solomon counsel Alex Brandel to do, and why?
5. How does Gabriela react when Andrei does not immediately return in Chapter 11 & 12?
6. What is the relationship and agreement between Max Kleperman and Koenig?
7. Describe the first two waves of attacks from the Nazis on the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14.
8. Describe Chris' parents, and his relationship with them as he grew up.
9. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
10. Who are the four leaders Brandel feels he can depend upon to help him unify the different Jewish factions?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Andrei's report? What information does the report reveal, and for whom is it meant?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the book's title. Why might the author have selected Mila 18 for the title, and do you agree that it is the most appropriate title for this story? If not, what title do you feel is more appropriate and why?
Essay Topic 3
Multiple love affairs are revealed throughout the book. Compare and contrast the relationship between any two of the following couples:
• Andrei and Gabriela
• Paul and Deborah
• Chris and Deborah
• Wolf and Rachel
This section contains 1,600 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)