|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 21, what is Rachel providing for the children of the orphanage?
2. Although he is convinced to stay in Warsaw, where does Andrei want to take 50 of his best men to obtain arms and focus on disrupting German supplies?
3. What is the relationship between Chris and Deborah?
4. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
5. What is one thing Andrei and Wolf's resistance movement has set up by Part 2, Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
2. What is the relationship and agreement between Max Kleperman and Koenig?
3. What actions does Koenig take in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. When it becomes clear in Part 3 that a new contact on the Aryan side is needed, who is selected and how does Andrei feel about it?
5. Who is Rudolph Schreiker, and how can he be described?
6. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
7. What do Alex Brandel and Andrei view differently at the The Bathyran Council meeting in Part 1?
8. When Paul Bronski meets with Andrei in Part 3, Chapter 3, in an effort to neutralize Andrei's militant efforts, what does Bronski offer? How does Andrei respond?
9. Describe what occurs between Wolf and Rachel in Part 2, Chapter 21.
10. Why does Andrei refuse to marry Gabriela?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Determine who the primary protagonist and antagonist of Mila 18 are, and explain how you reach those conclusions. At what point in the book does it become clear who the protagonist and antagonist are?
Essay Topic 2
The religious beliefs and expectations Deborah expresses to Paul conflict greatly with her actions with Chris. Describe the discordance between Deborah's religious beliefs and her actions, and how that divergence affects her. How does Deborah believe she is punished for her sins?
Essay Topic 3
Multiple love affairs are revealed throughout the book. Compare and contrast the relationship between any two of the following couples:
• Andrei and Gabriela
• Paul and Deborah
• Chris and Deborah
• Wolf and Rachel
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)