|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Alex Brandel and Andrei disagree in their discussion at the council meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. What does Deborah worry will happen, due to her relationship with Chris?
3. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
4. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
5. Who purchases "Aryan Papers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabriela react when Andrei does not immediately return in Chapter 11 & 12?
2. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
3. Who are Christopher De Monti and Ervin Rosenblum, and how do they know one another?
4. When Andrei visits Paul Bronski's new office, of what is he trying to convince Paul? In response, about what does Paul try to convince both Andrei and himself?
5. As the preparation for the occupation of Warsaw continues, a truce is to be signed. What have the Germans agreed to exchange? What is discovered later about why the Germans even offered this exchange?
6. How does Brandel show that he trusts Rabbi Solomon? With what does Solomon respond?
7. Which two directions is Paul Bronski being pulled by the Nazis and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 13.
8. How is Gabriela Rak initially described to readers?
9. Who is Horst Von Epp, and why is his job ironic?
10. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the prominent mood throughout Mila 18? Specifically, what literary techniques does the author utilize in order to create this mood?
Essay Topic 2
In Part 2, Andrei and Brandel strongly disagree on the best means for Jews to resist the German soldiers. Describe each man's belief in detail. Which man ultimately gives in, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the political setting throughout the story and how drastically it changes from the beginning of the book to the end. How does the political setting affect the main characters and plot?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)