|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
2. What sort of response did Chris' past reports of atrocities receive from the world?
3. Paul Bronski is told he must move out of his home because ______ is(are) moving in.
4. For what is Paul's wife preparing their son?
5. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what year does the book open, and what is the political setting?
2. What are the first things Sieghold Stutze does as the new SS commander in Warsaw?
3. Who are the four leaders Brandel feels he can depend upon to help him unify the different Jewish factions?
4. When Chris returns from covering the war on the eastern front, what does he discover?
5. How does Wolf get caught by the Gestapo, and what is arranged for his release?
6. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
7. Describe Chris' parents, and his relationship with them as he grew up.
8. What does Part 1, Chapter 11 primarily describe?
9. When all Jewish organization are outlawed and the Bathyrans are forced underground, what does Andrei decide to do?
10. Who is Rudolph Schreiker, and how can he be described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Multiple love affairs are revealed throughout the book. Compare and contrast the relationship between any two of the following couples:
• Andrei and Gabriela
• Paul and Deborah
• Chris and Deborah
• Wolf and Rachel
Essay Topic 2
Examine the political setting throughout the story and how drastically it changes from the beginning of the book to the end. How does the political setting affect the main characters and plot?
Essay Topic 3
How can Koenig's attitude toward, and treatment of Paul Bronski be compared to the overall Nazi's attitude toward, and treatment of the Jews?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)