|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
2. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
3. What was Chris' father?
4. Who is Wolf?
5. What year is it in Part 2, Chapter 17, when all Warsaw Jews are in the ghetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. What agreement do Paul and Chris have between one another in Part 1?
3. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
4. What do Alex Brandel and Andrei view differently at the The Bathyran Council meeting in Part 1?
5. How is Gabriela Rak initially described to readers?
6. How does Brandel show that he trusts Rabbi Solomon? With what does Solomon respond?
7. What does Part 1, Chapter 11 primarily describe?
8. Describe the three-pronged plan Brandel and the other leaders develop in Part 2, Chapter 6.
9. Who in the novel keeps a journal, and why?
10. Describe Andrei's actions in Part 4 in helping people escape after Mila 18 has been compromised.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Minor characters are those who are not the primary focus of the story, but help drive the plot that is following the main character. Select three of the minor characters below to explain their significance to the plot. In other words, why does the author include these characters at all?
• Simon Eden
• Emanuel Goldman
• David Zemba
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the book's title. Why might the author have selected Mila 18 for the title, and do you agree that it is the most appropriate title for this story? If not, what title do you feel is more appropriate and why?
Essay Topic 3
Determine the genre and sub-genre, if applicable, of Mila 18, supporting your choice with evidence from the text.
This section contains 1,540 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)