Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
2. What is Christopher Di Monte's profession?
3. What year is it in Part 2, Chapter 17, when all Warsaw Jews are in the ghetto?
4. What is the name of the council meeting under the direction of Alex Brandel?
5. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
2. Describe the situation in the Mila 18 bunker by April of 1943.
3. With what thoughts from Alex Brandel is the journal closed?
4. How does Von Epp give Chris in their final meeting in Part 3?
5. Describe Andrei's actions in Part 4 in helping people escape after Mila 18 has been compromised.
6. Who in the novel keeps a journal, and why?
7. Which two directions is Paul Bronski being pulled by the Nazis and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 13.
8. How do the German's gain access to Mila 18, and how does Simon help others escape?
9. In what year does the book open, and what is the political setting?
10. As the preparation for the occupation of Warsaw continues, a truce is to be signed. What have the Germans agreed to exchange? What is discovered later about why the Germans even offered this exchange?
Essay Topic 1
Trust is a major theme in Mila 18. Where is it seen, and how does it help drive the plot? Which characters are portrayed as trustworthy, and which are not?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the political setting throughout the story and how drastically it changes from the beginning of the book to the end. How does the political setting affect the main characters and plot?
Essay Topic 3
In Part 2, Andrei and Brandel strongly disagree on the best means for Jews to resist the German soldiers. Describe each man's belief in detail. Which man ultimately gives in, and why?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)