|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the relationship between Wolf and Rachel change in Part 2, Chapter 21?
2. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
3. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
4. What is Rabbi Solomon able to obtain from Max Kleperman?
5. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three-pronged plan Brandel and the other leaders develop in Part 2, Chapter 6.
2. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
3. Who is Rudolph Schreiker, and how can he be described?
4. Prior to coming to Warsaw, on what does Chis report, and how are his report received?
5. What does Rabbi Solomon counsel Alex Brandel to do, and why?
6. Who are the four leaders Brandel feels he can depend upon to help him unify the different Jewish factions?
7. Why does Andrei refuse to marry Gabriela?
8. Describe what occurs between Wolf and Rachel in Part 2, Chapter 21.
9. What do Alex Brandel and Andrei view differently at the The Bathyran Council meeting in Part 1?
10. What actions does Koenig take in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Punishment and humiliation are strong motifs throughout Mila 18. Describe at least two examples of each motif occurring at different points throughout the story. Do these motifs always go hand-in-hand? Is one more prominent than the other?
Essay Topic 2
Multiple love affairs are revealed throughout the book. Compare and contrast the relationship between any two of the following couples:
• Andrei and Gabriela
• Paul and Deborah
• Chris and Deborah
• Wolf and Rachel
Essay Topic 3
The religious beliefs and expectations Deborah expresses to Paul conflict greatly with her actions with Chris. Describe the discordance between Deborah's religious beliefs and her actions, and how that divergence affects her. How does Deborah believe she is punished for her sins?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)