|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in Part 2, Chapter 17, when all Warsaw Jews are in the ghetto?
2. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
3. What is Rabbi Solomon able to obtain from Max Kleperman?
4. Where is Christopher Di Monte living when the book opens?
5. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Chris reads about in Andrei's report on the work camps.
2. What is Gabriela doing for work by Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. Why are the final members of the ghetto so hard for the Nazis to defeat?
4. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
5. How does Gabriela react when Andrei does not immediately return in Chapter 11 & 12?
6. Where is Chris, and what is he doing, at the end of the novel?
7. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
8. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
9. What is Andrei's experience in Lublin in Part 3, Chapter 7?
10. Prior to coming to Warsaw, on what does Chis report, and how are his report received?
Essay Topic 1
What is the prominent mood throughout Mila 18? Specifically, what literary techniques does the author utilize in order to create this mood?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Joint Forces and their role in the book; who are they? with how many members do they begin with? What accomplishments do they achieve? What failures do they endure? How many members remain at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Mila 18 contains many conflicts, both internal and external. Select at least three types of conflict below and explain where and how they appear in Mila 18.
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
This section contains 1,580 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)