|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what did the German bombs not discriminate?
2. When Ervin calls at the end of Part 1, Chapter 9, what news does he have?
3. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
4. Andrei visits Paul Bronski in Part 2, Chapter 4 and tries to convince him of what?
5. What is Gabriela's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. Describe the three-pronged plan Brandel and the other leaders develop in Part 2, Chapter 6.
3. What does Rabbi Solomon counsel Alex Brandel to do, and why?
4. When it becomes clear in Part 3 that a new contact on the Aryan side is needed, who is selected and how does Andrei feel about it?
5. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
6. What is Gabriela doing for work by Part 2, Chapter 17?
7. What does Brandel decide to do with his family in Part 2, Chapter 12?
8. Which two directions is Paul Bronski being pulled by the Nazis and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 13.
9. Prior to coming to Warsaw, on what does Chis report, and how are his report received?
10. What are the first things Sieghold Stutze does as the new SS commander in Warsaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the political setting throughout the story and how drastically it changes from the beginning of the book to the end. How does the political setting affect the main characters and plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the book's title. Why might the author have selected Mila 18 for the title, and do you agree that it is the most appropriate title for this story? If not, what title do you feel is more appropriate and why?
Essay Topic 3
In Part 2, Andrei and Brandel strongly disagree on the best means for Jews to resist the German soldiers. Describe each man's belief in detail. Which man ultimately gives in, and why?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)