|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps are there to Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba's plan?
2. Where does Gabriela wait each night in hopes of Andrei returning to Warsaw?
3. What does the plan that Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba devise ultimately achieve?
4. In what condition does Gabriela find Andrei and Chris in Part 1, Chapter 7?
5. What sort of response did Chris' past reports of atrocities receive from the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Andrei visits Paul Bronski's new office, of what is he trying to convince Paul? In response, about what does Paul try to convince both Andrei and himself?
2. How does Gabriela react when Andrei does not immediately return in Chapter 11 & 12?
3. Describe the conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto by 1940.
4. Describe the three-pronged plan Brandel and the other leaders develop in Part 2, Chapter 6.
5. As preparations continue in Part 1, Chapters 13 & 14 for the occupation of Warsaw, how is Chris affected?
6. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
7. Which two directions is Paul Bronski being pulled by the Nazis and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 13.
8. Who is Rudolph Schreiker, and how can he be described?
9. Who is Horst Von Epp, and why is his job ironic?
10. When all Jewish organization are outlawed and the Bathyrans are forced underground, what does Andrei decide to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can Koenig's attitude toward, and treatment of Paul Bronski be compared to the overall Nazi's attitude toward, and treatment of the Jews?
Essay Topic 2
Determine the genre and sub-genre, if applicable, of Mila 18, supporting your choice with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the prominent mood throughout Mila 18? Specifically, what literary techniques does the author utilize in order to create this mood?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)