|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
2. What is Rabbi Solomon considered to be in Warsaw?
3. What are Andrei and Chris debating in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. Where is Christopher Di Monte living when the book opens?
5. What does Brandel believe about his journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto by 1940.
2. When Andrei visits Paul Bronski's new office, of what is he trying to convince Paul? In response, about what does Paul try to convince both Andrei and himself?
3. Who are the four leaders Brandel feels he can depend upon to help him unify the different Jewish factions?
4. Why does Andrei refuse to marry Gabriela?
5. Who is Horst Von Epp, and why is his job ironic?
6. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
7. What is the relationship and agreement between Max Kleperman and Koenig?
8. Who is Rudolph Schreiker, and how can he be described?
9. Describe Chris' parents, and his relationship with them as he grew up.
10. What do Alex Brandel and Andrei view differently at the The Bathyran Council meeting in Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Determine who the primary protagonist and antagonist of Mila 18 are, and explain how you reach those conclusions. At what point in the book does it become clear who the protagonist and antagonist are?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Horst Von Epp's role in the book. How does he approach his job? Does his approach or attitude ever change? Is his attitude usual or unusual for someone in his position?
Essay Topic 3
How can Koenig's attitude toward, and treatment of Paul Bronski be compared to the overall Nazi's attitude toward, and treatment of the Jews?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)