|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris attend journalism school?
2. Who is Max Kleperman?
3. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
4. What is the general Jewish response to the horrors in Part 2, Chapter 22-24?
5. Where is Franz Koenig's new office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
2. What is Gabriela doing for work by Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. Who are the four leaders Brandel feels he can depend upon to help him unify the different Jewish factions?
4. Describe Chris' parents, and his relationship with them as he grew up.
5. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
6. Why does Von Epp invite Chris out for dinner and 'girls', and what does Chris' response lead Von Epp to assume?
7. Describe what occurs between Wolf and Rachel in Part 2, Chapter 21.
8. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
9. Who in the novel keeps a journal, and why?
10. What are the first things Sieghold Stutze does as the new SS commander in Warsaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mila 18 contains many conflicts, both internal and external. Select at least three types of conflict below and explain where and how they appear in Mila 18.
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the book's title. Why might the author have selected Mila 18 for the title, and do you agree that it is the most appropriate title for this story? If not, what title do you feel is more appropriate and why?
Essay Topic 3
How can Koenig's attitude toward, and treatment of Paul Bronski be compared to the overall Nazi's attitude toward, and treatment of the Jews?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)