|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general Jewish response to the horrors in Part 2, Chapter 22-24?
2. Who had Von Epp originally requested that Chris fire?
3. What job does Gabriela have in Part 2, in order to help her be less conspicuous?
4. By whom is Wolf caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
5. Where does Wolf Brandel work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Chris, and what is he doing, at the end of the novel?
2. What is the relationship and agreement between Max Kleperman and Koenig?
3. How does Gabriela react when Andrei does not immediately return in Chapter 11 & 12?
4. What happens when the Communist faction of the Joint Forces attempts to escape the ghetto?
5. Why does Von Epp invite Chris out for dinner and 'girls', and what does Chris' response lead Von Epp to assume?
6. Who are Christopher De Monti and Ervin Rosenblum, and how do they know one another?
7. How is Gabriela Rak initially described to readers?
8. What is Funk's plan for eradicating the Jews, as described in Part 4, Chapter 11, and how does Von Epp react to the plan?
9. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
10. As preparations continue in Part 1, Chapters 13 & 14 for the occupation of Warsaw, how is Chris affected?
Essay Topic 1
How can Koenig's attitude toward, and treatment of Paul Bronski be compared to the overall Nazi's attitude toward, and treatment of the Jews?
Essay Topic 2
Mila 18 contains many conflicts, both internal and external. Select at least three types of conflict below and explain where and how they appear in Mila 18.
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the journals kept throughout the novel? Who writes in them, and what information is recorded? Why are the journals considered so important? To what lengths do the characters go in order to protect or try to locate the journals?
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)