|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
2. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
3. What does Deborah worry will happen, due to her relationship with Chris?
4. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
5. By whom is Wolf caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Part 1, Chapter 11 primarily describe?
2. What is the relationship and agreement between Max Kleperman and Koenig?
3. How does Gabriela react when Andrei does not immediately return in Chapter 11 & 12?
4. When Andrei visits Paul Bronski's new office, of what is he trying to convince Paul? In response, about what does Paul try to convince both Andrei and himself?
5. Who is Dr. Franz Koenig, and how does he feel about Dr. Paul Bronski?
6. Who is Rudolph Schreiker, and how can he be described?
7. Why does Andrei refuse to marry Gabriela?
8. What agreement do Paul and Chris have between one another in Part 1?
9. When Chris returns from covering the war on the eastern front, what does he discover?
10. Who are Christopher De Monti and Ervin Rosenblum, and how do they know one another?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the book's title. Why might the author have selected Mila 18 for the title, and do you agree that it is the most appropriate title for this story? If not, what title do you feel is more appropriate and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Andrei's report? What information does the report reveal, and for whom is it meant?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the political setting throughout the story and how drastically it changes from the beginning of the book to the end. How does the political setting affect the main characters and plot?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)