|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
2. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
3. What does Solomon have to say about Jewish persecution?
4. Where does Gabriela work?
5. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
2. Describe the conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto by 1940.
3. What does Rabbi Solomon counsel Alex Brandel to do, and why?
4. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. Why does Von Epp invite Chris out for dinner and 'girls', and what does Chris' response lead Von Epp to assume?
6. As preparations continue in Part 1, Chapters 13 & 14 for the occupation of Warsaw, how is Chris affected?
7. Prior to coming to Warsaw, on what does Chis report, and how are his report received?
8. Which two directions is Paul Bronski being pulled by the Nazis and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 13.
9. Describe what occurs between Wolf and Rachel in Part 2, Chapter 21.
10. Describe the three-pronged plan Brandel and the other leaders develop in Part 2, Chapter 6.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the prominent mood throughout Mila 18? Specifically, what literary techniques does the author utilize in order to create this mood?
Essay Topic 2
Dignity and honor are strong themes throughout Mila 18. Describe at least two examples of each theme from different points throughout the story. Which characters exemplify this theme?
Essay Topic 3
In Part 2, Andrei and Brandel strongly disagree on the best means for Jews to resist the German soldiers. Describe each man's belief in detail. Which man ultimately gives in, and why?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)