|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves out of anger after Chris and Andrei argue over Zionism in Part One, Chapter 5?
2. Where does Gabriela work?
3. When all Jewish organization are outlawed, what happens to the Bathyrans?
4. What does Koenig ask Max Kleperman to do?
5. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Part 1, Chapter 11 primarily describe?
2. When Andrei visits Paul Bronski's new office, of what is he trying to convince Paul? In response, about what does Paul try to convince both Andrei and himself?
3. Describe the conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto by 1940.
4. What does Brandel decide to do with his family in Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. When it becomes clear in Part 3 that a new contact on the Aryan side is needed, who is selected and how does Andrei feel about it?
6. What is Gabriela doing for work by Part 2, Chapter 17?
7. When Paul Bronski meets with Andrei in Part 3, Chapter 3, in an effort to neutralize Andrei's militant efforts, what does Bronski offer? How does Andrei respond?
8. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
9. How does Wolf get caught by the Gestapo, and what is arranged for his release?
10. Which two directions is Paul Bronski being pulled by the Nazis and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 13.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the book's title. Why might the author have selected Mila 18 for the title, and do you agree that it is the most appropriate title for this story? If not, what title do you feel is more appropriate and why?
Essay Topic 2
Dignity and honor are strong themes throughout Mila 18. Describe at least two examples of each theme from different points throughout the story. Which characters exemplify this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Determine who the primary protagonist and antagonist of Mila 18 are, and explain how you reach those conclusions. At what point in the book does it become clear who the protagonist and antagonist are?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)