|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what do the Joint Forces member steal from dead German soldiers?
(b) Nazi ID badges.
(c) Water canteens.
(d) Guns and bullets.
2. After Funk turns the task of final liquidation over to Von Epp and Dr. Koenig, who is the first person with whom Koenig meets?
(a) Chris De Monti.
(b) Andrei Androfski.
(c) Wolf Brandel.
(d) Simon Elder.
3. How does Von Epp respond to Funk's plan of attack in the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) He offers some suggested changes to Funk's plan.
(b) He laughs at Funk.
(c) He refuses to take part in Funk's plan.
(d) He applauds Funk's plans.
4. How many trucks does Anna Grinspan manage to commandeer in Part 4?
5. When the Nazis attack the brush-making factory, how are they stopped?
(a) Wolf detonates a land mine in front of the factory.
(b) By the Joint Forces members shooting from rooftops.
(c) Wolf throws multiple homemade bombs in front of the factory.
(d) The Nazis are not stopped. They take over the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 22, how does Gabriela realize there is someone coming through the sewer lines?
2. When the Joint Forces take a prison, what do they do to the prison director?
3. What is the only reason NOT cited for individuals in the escape group of Part 4 dying while in the sewer?
4. What does Koenig offer the individual with whom he meets in the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 9?
5. What building(s) in the ghetto does Funk's plan of attack in Part 4, Chapter 11 involve taking over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first two waves of attacks from the Nazis on the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14.
2. What other successful Jewish operations are described in Part 4, Chapter 7?
3. Describe the burial of the journals at the beginning of Part 4.
4. By Part 4, Chapter 9, Funk is frustrated and embarrassed by his failures, so he turns the task of final liquidation over to Von Epp and Dr. Koenig. What is Koenig's first step?
5. Describe the takeover of the prison by the Joint Forces in Part 4, Chapter 5.
6. What is the United Forces?
7. Why are the final members of the ghetto so hard for the Nazis to defeat?
8. By Part 3, Chapter 12, The Civil Authority and the Jewish Security Force are told to find three Jews a day for deportation. If they do not, what happens? How do members of these two Jewish groups react?
9. Describe Andrei's actions in Part 4 in helping people escape after Mila 18 has been compromised.
10. How is Stephan Bronski saved?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)