|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'The Final Solution'?
(a) Complete extermination of all Jews.
(b) A nuclear weapon.
(c) Complete extermination of all Nazis.
(d) A treaty to help end the war.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 16, the Joint Forces have four more victories, but they are running out of ___________
(b) Food and water.
3. What does Horst Von Epp say he is certain is hidden all over the ghetto?
(a) Journals painting the Nazis in a bad light.
(b) Weapons, in preparation for another Jewish resistance.
(c) Money and other valuables.
(d) Additional people, hidden below the buildings.
4. How many trucks does Anna Grinspan manage to commandeer in Part 4?
5. When the orphanage is raided and the children are put on boxcars, what do the nurses do?
(a) Offer themselves in place of the children.
(b) Hold the children and sing together to quell their fears.
(c) Lie to the children and say they are going to a safe place.
(d) Hand out poisoned chocolates to everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrei put in charge of getting Chris, Wolf, Rachel, Ana, and others out through smaller sewer pipes?
2. When the various Jewish factions finally combine, what are they called?
3. What do the two female orphans and one other individual escaping to a Polish couple have to pretend to be?
4. What does the Good Fellowship Club bury in their final meeting?
5. What does Horst Von Epp say he knows about Chris De Monti?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the burial of the journals at the beginning of Part 4.
2. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
3. Describe Andrei's actions in Part 4 in helping people escape after Mila 18 has been compromised.
4. Why are the final members of the ghetto so hard for the Nazis to defeat?
5. By Part 3, Chapter 12, The Civil Authority and the Jewish Security Force are told to find three Jews a day for deportation. If they do not, what happens? How do members of these two Jewish groups react?
6. What is Andrei's experience in Lublin in Part 3, Chapter 7?
7. How is Stephan Bronski saved?
8. How does Von Epp give Chris in their final meeting in Part 3?
9. What is the United Forces?
10. What is Funk's plan for eradicating the Jews, as described in Part 4, Chapter 11, and how does Von Epp react to the plan?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)