|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Jews are left at the beginning of Part 4, hiding in sewage pipelines and underground tunnels?
2. What valuable information does the prison director give the Joint Forces?
(a) The names and locations of Warsaw Nazi officials' families.
(b) An escape route out of Warsaw.
(c) Locations of hidden stores and information about Nazi officials in Warsaw.
(d) The home addresses of Nazi officials in Warsaw.
3. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 13, word is received that the German attack will occur the next morning, as Jews in all of the bunkers begin the celebration of which Jewish holiday?
(a) Rosh Chodesh.
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
(d) Yom Kippur.
4. When Chris De Monti is picked up by Andrei's men at the end of Part 3, where is he taken?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The synagogue.
(c) To an apartment.
(d) Mila 19.
5. What does Horst Von Epp say he is certain is hidden all over the ghetto?
(a) Weapons, in preparation for another Jewish resistance.
(b) Money and other valuables.
(c) Additional people, hidden below the buildings.
(d) Journals painting the Nazis in a bad light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only reason NOT cited for individuals in the escape group of Part 4 dying while in the sewer?
2. By Part 4, Chapter 20, how many entrances to the bunker at Mila 18 have the Germans found?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 12, who is taken secretly, along with two female orphans, to a priest's rectory for handover to a rural Polish couple?
4. What does Horst Von Epp admit at the end of Part 3?
5. Humiliated by continued defeat and berated by Himmler, what does Funk decide to do to the ghetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the final members of the ghetto so hard for the Nazis to defeat?
2. Describe Andrei's actions in Part 4 in helping people escape after Mila 18 has been compromised.
3. By Part 4, Chapter 9, Funk is frustrated and embarrassed by his failures, so he turns the task of final liquidation over to Von Epp and Dr. Koenig. What is Koenig's first step?
4. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
5. How do Von Epp and Funk view the war and its outcome differently in Part 4?
6. What is Funk's plan for eradicating the Jews, as described in Part 4, Chapter 11, and how does Von Epp react to the plan?
7. What happens when the Communist faction of the Joint Forces attempts to escape the ghetto?
8. By Part 3, Chapter 12, The Civil Authority and the Jewish Security Force are told to find three Jews a day for deportation. If they do not, what happens? How do members of these two Jewish groups react?
9. When the last survivors leave the ghetto, how do both sides of the fight, the Nazis vs. the Jews, fare?
10. Describe the first two waves of attacks from the Nazis on the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)