|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chris De Monti and ____________ are the only two who know where the milk cans of materials are buried.
(a) Wolf Brandel.
(b) Ervin Rosenblum.
(c) Deborah Bronski.
(d) Horst Von Epp.
2. What does Horst Von Epp say he is certain is hidden all over the ghetto?
(a) Journals painting the Nazis in a bad light.
(b) Additional people, hidden below the buildings.
(c) Weapons, in preparation for another Jewish resistance.
(d) Money and other valuables.
3. Who is sent to Rachel's apartment in order to confirm a rendezvous point and get more provisions?
4. What does Gabriela tell the priest in Part 4?
(a) She hopes to marry Andrei someday.
(b) She is pregnant with Chris' child.
(c) She hopes to marry Chris someday.
(d) She is pregnant with Andrei's child.
5. What valuable information does the prison director give the Joint Forces?
(a) The home addresses of Nazi officials in Warsaw.
(b) The names and locations of Warsaw Nazi officials' families.
(c) Locations of hidden stores and information about Nazi officials in Warsaw.
(d) An escape route out of Warsaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the elite Nazi group handled by the Joint Forces in Part 4, Chapter 14?
2. When the orphanage is raided and the children are put on boxcars, what do the nurses do?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 14, The Nazi attack begins with the sending in of the elite ___________.
4. What does Horst Von Epp say he knows about Chris De Monti?
5. Of 500,000 Jews initially in the ghetto, how many survivors are left by the end of Part 4, Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Communist faction of the Joint Forces attempts to escape the ghetto?
2. When the last survivors leave the ghetto, how do both sides of the fight, the Nazis vs. the Jews, fare?
3. By Part 3, Chapter 12, The Civil Authority and the Jewish Security Force are told to find three Jews a day for deportation. If they do not, what happens? How do members of these two Jewish groups react?
4. What is Andrei's experience in Lublin in Part 3, Chapter 7?
5. What is the United Forces?
6. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
7. How do Von Epp and Funk view the war and its outcome differently in Part 4?
8. Describe the situation in the Mila 18 bunker by April of 1943.
9. What other successful Jewish operations are described in Part 4, Chapter 7?
10. What is Funk's plan for eradicating the Jews, as described in Part 4, Chapter 11, and how does Von Epp react to the plan?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)