|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul Bronski brokers a deal with Koenig for the release of a number of professional Jews for how much money per person?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 12, who is taken secretly, along with two female orphans, to a priest's rectory for handover to a rural Polish couple?
(a) Deborah Bronski.
(b) Katz's wife.
(c) Chris De Monti.
(d) Stephan Bronski.
3. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 13, word is received that the German attack will occur the next morning, as Jews in all of the bunkers begin the celebration of which Jewish holiday?
(a) Rosh Chodesh.
(b) Yom Kippur.
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
4. Into how many sections has the Jewish military force been divided by Part 4?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 14, The Nazi attack begins with the sending in of the elite ___________.
(b) Reinhard Corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second group Funk sends in to the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14?
2. Of 500,000 Jews initially in the ghetto, how many survivors are left by the end of Part 4, Chapter 23?
3. What does Gabriela tell the priest in Part 4?
4. When Chris De Monti is picked up by Andrei's men at the end of Part 3, where is he taken?
5. What valuable information does the prison director give the Joint Forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Chris reads about in Andrei's report on the work camps.
2. What happens when the Communist faction of the Joint Forces attempts to escape the ghetto?
3. Describe the first two waves of attacks from the Nazis on the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14.
4. How is Stephan Bronski saved?
5. Describe Andrei's actions in Part 4 in helping people escape after Mila 18 has been compromised.
6. Describe the situation in the Mila 18 bunker by April of 1943.
7. How do Von Epp and Funk view the war and its outcome differently in Part 4?
8. What does Von Epp admit to Chris in Part 3, Chapter 13?
9. Describe the takeover of the prison by the Joint Forces in Part 4, Chapter 5.
10. When the last survivors leave the ghetto, how do both sides of the fight, the Nazis vs. the Jews, fare?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)