|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Eddoes' baby?
2. When Morgan's house burns down , what fire is it compared to?
3. What does Mrs. Morgan call Mrs. Bhakcu?
4. What course does Titus Hoyt take for three months.
5. What person in the crowd at the big fight does the author watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nathaniel and his relationship with Laura.
2. What else was Morgan besides a comedian, and what did he do all day:?
3. Who are Big Foot's parents, and what had hardened him as a child?
4. What is the main focus of chapter 10 where Laura is introduced to the reader?
5. What does Big Foot do for a living and what happens one day on the beach when the author and Big Foot connect briefly?
6. How does Eddoes use his job to make extra money?
7. What does Titus do after getting his certificate?
8. Who is Laura, and how many children does she have?
9. What does Titus Hoyt urge the author to do, why and against whose wishes?
10. Why do the people of Miguel Street finally laugh at Morgan, and what happens to him then?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What happens to Toni after Angela leaves him?
2. Who is Uncle Bhakcu and what does he do for a living?
3. How do the people of Miguel Street help uncle Bhakcu?
4. Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1. What does George do to his wife, children and the people on Miguel Street that makes him a scary man?
2. What happens after George's first wife's funeral?
3. What does George do after his second wife leaves him?
4. Choose two of the above topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1. Why do you think the people on Miguel Street considered Popo a "man-woman"? Do you agree or disagree with them and why?
2. Who was Popo's second wife and what did he start making after he married her?
3. Why was Popo put in jail and how did this change the men of Miguel Street's opinion of him?
4. Choose two of the above topics and write on them.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)