|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus Hoyt ask the author to do?
2. When did the author meet Titus Hoyt?
3. What does Morgan look like?
4. What does Mrs. Morgan call Mrs. Bhakcu?
5. How much money does the author's mother give him to go to a shop to buy bread and butter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Titus Hoyt, and when does the author meet him?
2. Who is Eddoes and what does he do for a living?
3. Who is Laura, and how many children does she have?
4. What else was Morgan besides a comedian, and what did he do all day:?
5. Describe Nathaniel and his relationship with Laura.
6. How many children does Morgan have and with whom is he married?
7. How does Eddoes use his job to make extra money?
8. Why do the people of Miguel Street finally laugh at Morgan, and what happens to him then?
9. What makes Big Foot grow in prominence and respect on Miguel Street, and how does he lose that respect?
10. What does Titus do because he is not really qualified to become a teacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What does Titus Hoyt encourage the author to do and who is against this?
2. What does Titus Hoyt do after he gets his teaching certificate?
3. How does Titus gain recognition?
4. Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1. What does George do to his wife, children and the people on Miguel Street that makes him a scary man?
2. What happens after George's first wife's funeral?
3. What does George do after his second wife leaves him?
4. Choose two of the above topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1. After quitting his job, what does Mr. Bolo do and then what does he ask the author to do for him?
2. What does the author tell Mr. Bolo that he doesn't believe and what stupid thing does he do?
3. Who is Edward and what does he do for his friends?
4. Choose two of the topics to write on.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)