|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does B.Wordsworth expect to spend writing his poem?
2. What does Man-man declare he is?
3. What does Dolly do at her wedding?
4. What does Bogart do on his first trip away from Miguel Street?
5. What was rare for a man's wife to do on Miguel Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Popo change from a nice, hard-working , happy man to a heavy drinker and what makes him travel to Arima?
2. What happens to George's first wife and Elias?
3. What does Popo do after he beats up his wife's lover and then what happens to him?
4. What does the author talk to Man-Man about, and what is the particular characteristic of Man-man's speech?
5. What kind of speech does Black Wordsworth have, and what does he claim about himself?
6. How does Bogart change after his third disappearance, and why does Sergeant Charles arrest him?
7. What do the author and B. Wordsworth do together and what does B. Wordsworth tell the author about the poem he wants to write?
8. What man with the name of a famous poet stops by the author's house one day, and what does he tell the author?
9. How long is Bogart gone the second time he disappears and how does he change?
10. Describe Man-man and the tricks he plays on people.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What does Morgan accidentally do, and what is the result of this?
2. What does Mr. Titus Hoyt aspire to do?
3. When did the author first meet Mr. Hoyt?
4. Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1. How does the author change when he becomes eighteen and what does his mother decide he should do?
2. Who does the author's mother take him to see and what is the result?
3. Describe the party the author's mother throws for him.
4. Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1. What happens when Lorna tells Laura she's pregnant?
2. Who is Eddoes , what does he do for a living and how does he use that job to make extra money?
3. What causes Eddoes to lose his good spirits and what causes his good spirits to return?
4. Choose two of the above topics to write on.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)