|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George treat the author?
2. In Chapter 4 with whom does Elias start spending a lot of time?
3. What is the eventual fate of George's wife, the mother of his children?
4. What does Popo's wife work as?
5. What does George do when his second wife leaves him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Man-man and the tricks he plays on people.
2. What makes Popo change from a nice, hard-working , happy man to a heavy drinker and what makes him travel to Arima?
3. What man with the name of a famous poet stops by the author's house one day, and what does he tell the author?
4. What does Popo do after he beats up his wife's lover and then what happens to him?
5. Give a short description of Bogart, how he interacts with his friends, and what he does for a living.
6. How long is Bogart gone the second time he disappears and how does he change?
7. Where does Bogart go on his first disappearance from Miguel Street, how long is he gone and what does he do?
8. What do the author and B. Wordsworth do together and what does B. Wordsworth tell the author about the poem he wants to write?
9. Describe Elias and tell what he does.
10. What happens to B. Wordsworth and his poem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Toni and Angela Hereira.
2. How does Toni treat Angela and what does she do because of this that puts her in contact with the author's mother?
3. What does Angela do when she finally leaves Toni?
4. Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1. What happens when Lorna tells Laura she's pregnant?
2. Who is Eddoes , what does he do for a living and how does he use that job to make extra money?
3. What causes Eddoes to lose his good spirits and what causes his good spirits to return?
4. Choose two of the above topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1. What does Morgan accidentally do, and what is the result of this?
2. What does Mr. Titus Hoyt aspire to do?
3. When did the author first meet Mr. Hoyt?
4. Choose two of the topics to write on.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)