|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Eddoes' baby?
2. Morgan is more like what than a man?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A monkey.
3. What course does Titus Hoyt take for three months.
(a) A course in ancient Greek.
(b) A writing course.
(c) A Red Cross first aid course.
(d) A language course.
4. What person in the crowd at the big fight does the author watch?
(a) A woman with her hands over her eyes.
(b) A man cheering Big Foot on.
(c) A man eating a banana.
(d) A woman eating peanuts.
5. Why is everyone on Miguel Street so afraid of Big Foot?
(a) He's so big and black.
(b) He's not afraid of anything.
(c) He killed a man.
(d) He's so silent and dangerous-looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the author's mother give him to go to a shop to buy bread and butter?
2. Who is Nathaniel?
3. What does Hat have the kids beg for from the Americans?
4. What does Boyee compare Laura's face to?
5. What finally makes the people of Miguel Street laugh at Morgan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Laura, and how many children does she have?
2. What else was Morgan besides a comedian, and what did he do all day:?
3. Who is Mr. Titus Hoyt, and when does the author meet him?
4. Who are Big Foot's parents, and what had hardened him as a child?
5. How many children does Morgan have and with whom is he married?
6. Describe Big Foot and why the author is frightened of him.
7. What does Titus Hoyt urge the author to do, why and against whose wishes?
8. What does Big Foot do for a living and what happens one day on the beach when the author and Big Foot connect briefly?
9. How does Eddoes use his job to make extra money?
10. What does Titus do because he is not really qualified to become a teacher?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)