|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Laura have?
2. What is the most the author makes being involved in Hat's racket?
(a) A quarter.
(b) Twelve cents.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) Five cents.
3. What bet does the author place on Big Foot's big fight?
(a) Six cents that Big Foot would lose.
(b) Ten cents that Big Foot would win.
(c) Twenty cents that Big Foot would lose.
(d) Ten dollars that Big Foot would win.
4. What person in the crowd at the big fight does the author watch?
(a) A woman eating peanuts.
(b) A man cheering Big Foot on.
(c) A woman with her hands over her eyes.
(d) A man eating a banana.
5. Who comforts the author when he starts crying?
(a) His mother.
(d) A little girl in a pink dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Hat like Morgan?
2. How many children does Morgan have?
3. What does Boyee compare Laura's face to?
4. What does Morgan do when he's having a fit of craziness?
5. How much money does the author's mother give him to go to a shop to buy bread and butter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else was Morgan besides a comedian, and what did he do all day:?
2. Who is Morgan and what is his problem?
3. Who is Mr. Titus Hoyt, and when does the author meet him?
4. What makes Big Foot grow in prominence and respect on Miguel Street, and how does he lose that respect?
5. Who are Big Foot's parents, and what had hardened him as a child?
6. What happens to Eddoes's baby and what is her name?
7. Who is Laura, and how many children does she have?
8. What changes Eddoes's happy disposition?
9. What does Titus do after getting his certificate?
10. Why do the people of Miguel Street finally laugh at Morgan, and what happens to him then?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)