|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel?
(a) The one man Laura has two babies by.
(b) Laura's father.
(c) Laura's mean brother.
(d) A street thief.
2. What do the people of Miguel Street call his collection of junk?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His materials.
(c) His goodies.
(d) His jewels.
3. After Big Foot leaves Miguel Street what is the last thing the author hears about him?
(a) He married a very pretty Indian woman.
(b) He is a sailor on board a South American ship.
(c) He is a labourer in a quarry in Laventille.
(d) He becomes a priest.
4. What does Titus Hoyt ask the author to do?
(a) Write to the Mayor of Port of Spain.
(b) Write to the Editor of the Trinidad Guardian.
(c) Learn Latin.
(d) Write a poem.
5. What does Boyee compare Laura's face to?
(a) A pancake.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A motor-car battery.
(d) A pig's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the author when he meets Titus Hoyt?
2. What does Hat say that he learned from his mother?
3. How many children does Morgan have?
4. What course does Titus Hoyt take for three months.
5. What finally makes the people of Miguel Street laugh at Morgan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Laura's daughter, Lorna, gets pregnant?
2. Who is Eddoes and what does he do for a living?
3. Who is Mr. Titus Hoyt, and when does the author meet him?
4. Why do the people of Miguel Street finally laugh at Morgan, and what happens to him then?
5. How many children does Morgan have and with whom is he married?
6. How does Eddoes use his job to make extra money?
7. What does Titus do because he is not really qualified to become a teacher?
8. Who is Laura, and how many children does she have?
9. Describe Big Foot and why the author is frightened of him.
10. What does Titus Hoyt urge the author to do, why and against whose wishes?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)