|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Popo's wife work as?
(a) A laundress.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A waitress.
2. What is Bogart called before he is called Bogart?
3. What does George's wife do?
(a) All the family's work as a cook.
(b) All the family's work as a waitress.
(c) All the family' work as a house-cleaner.
(d) All the family's work as a laundress.
4. What does Man-man start doing after his dog is dead?
(a) He preaches and gives his possessions away.
(b) He starts stealing from the shops on Miguel Street.
(c) He writes a book about his dog.
(d) He cries all the time.
5. What does the exam given at Hoyt's school qualify the person who passes it to become?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Popo do when he goes away after his wife leaves him?
2. What finally happens to Man-man?
3. How many years does B.Wordsworth expect to spend writing his poem?
4. What is the eventual fate of George's wife, the mother of his children?
5. What happens when Man-man's dog dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Man-man and the tricks he plays on people.
2. Give a short description of Bogart, how he interacts with his friends, and what he does for a living.
3. Describe George and what he does.
4. What makes Popo change from a nice, hard-working , happy man to a heavy drinker and what makes him travel to Arima?
5. What does Popo do after he beats up his wife's lover and then what happens to him?
6. What kind of speech does Black Wordsworth have, and what does he claim about himself?
7. What does Man-man declare about himself and what happens then?
8. What man with the name of a famous poet stops by the author's house one day, and what does he tell the author?
9. Who is Popo and who is he married to?
10. What does the author talk to Man-Man about, and what is the particular characteristic of Man-man's speech?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)