|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Popo returns from his trip what does he do?
(a) He cheers up.
(b) He becomes angry and works constantly.
(c) He visits his friends on Miguel Street.
(d) He cries constantly and seeks consolation.
2. To whom does George marry off his daughter, Dolly?
(a) To Hat's cousin.
(b) To an American.
(c) To a small, nasty man.
(d) To a prosperous, rich man.
3. What was rare for a man's wife to do on Miguel Street?
(a) Be unhappy.
(c) Keep a clean house.
(d) Have other woman friends.
4. How many years does B.Wordsworth expect to spend writing his poem?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twenty-two years.
5. When Popo gets out of jail, how do the people of Miguel Street treat him?
(a) Like an ex-con.
(b) Like a hero, better than Hat or Bogart.
(c) Like a comedian.
(d) Like a ruined man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally happens to Man-man?
2. How long is Bogart gone the second time he disappears from Trinidad?
3. What does Elias do after his mother's death?
4. What does Dolly, George's daughter, do after George's second wife leaves him.
5. Whom does Popo marry the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long is Bogart gone the second time he disappears and how does he change?
2. What does Popo do after he beats up his wife's lover and then what happens to him?
3. Who is Popo and who is he married to?
4. Where does Bogart go on his first disappearance from Miguel Street, how long is he gone and what does he do?
5. What do the author and B. Wordsworth do together and what does B. Wordsworth tell the author about the poem he wants to write?
6. What does the author talk to Man-Man about, and what is the particular characteristic of Man-man's speech?
7. Describe Elias and tell what he does.
8. How does Bogart change after his third disappearance, and why does Sergeant Charles arrest him?
9. What does George begin to do after his wife's death, who does he marry next and what happens to them?
10. What is Elias's fate?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)