|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hat look and talk like?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Errol Flynn.
(c) Rex Harrison.
(d) Clark Gable.
2. What does Elias do after his mother's death?
(a) He drops out of the author's circle of friends.
(b) He becomes very ill.
(c) He disappears on a ship.
(d) He becomes a hermit.
3. What does Man-man declare he is?
(a) He declares he's a politician who will rule Trinidad.
(b) He declares he's the new messiah and will be crucified.
(c) He declares he's an orphan who is actually a prince.
(d) He declares he's an American.
4. What does George do when his second wife leaves him?
(a) He starts a brothel.
(b) He isolates himself from everyone on the street.
(c) He becomes very depressed.
(d) He becomes a drunk.
5. Where does Popo travel to after his wife leaves him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poem does B. Wordsworth intend to write?
2. Why is Popo put in jail?
3. What does Sergeant Charles arrest Bogart for?
4. How does George treat the author?
5. When Popo gets out of jail, how do the people of Miguel Street treat him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George begin to do after his wife's death, who does he marry next and what happens to them?
2. Give a short description of Bogart, how he interacts with his friends, and what he does for a living.
3. Describe Elias and tell what he does.
4. What makes Popo change from a nice, hard-working , happy man to a heavy drinker and what makes him travel to Arima?
5. Describe Man-man and the tricks he plays on people.
6. How does Bogart change after his third disappearance, and why does Sergeant Charles arrest him?
7. What happens to George's first wife and Elias?
8. What does Man-man declare about himself and what happens then?
9. What happens when Man-man's dog dies?
10. What man with the name of a famous poet stops by the author's house one day, and what does he tell the author?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)