|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does B.Wordsworth expect to spend writing his poem?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Twenty-two years.
2. How does George treat his second wife and his daughter?
(a) He starts beating them both savagely .
(b) He plans starting to e preptar
(c) He becomes the "model" husband and father.
(d) He serves them breakfast sandwiches and coffee.
3. What does Bogart buy?
(a) A sewing machine and blue, white and brown chalks.
(b) Movie magazines.
(c) Sweepstakes tickets and a sewing machine.
(d) Thread of many colors and thimbles.
4. How does B. Wordsworth speak?
(a) With broken English.
(b) With a heavy Trinidadian accent.
(c) With an American accent.
(d) With perfect English.
5. Where does Popo travel to after his wife leaves him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Popo put in jail?
2. What do the people on Miguel Street think Popo is?
3. What does Man-man start doing after his dog is dead?
4. How does George treat his wife?
5. What happens when Man-man's dog dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elias and tell what he does.
2. What kind of speech does Black Wordsworth have, and what does he claim about himself?
3. How long is Bogart gone the second time he disappears and how does he change?
4. What does the author talk to Man-Man about, and what is the particular characteristic of Man-man's speech?
5. Describe Man-man and the tricks he plays on people.
6. Describe George and what he does.
7. What does George begin to do after his wife's death, who does he marry next and what happens to them?
8. What do the author and B. Wordsworth do together and what does B. Wordsworth tell the author about the poem he wants to write?
9. What does Man-man declare about himself and what happens then?
10. Where does Bogart go on his first disappearance from Miguel Street, how long is he gone and what does he do?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)