|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the heading on the paper Chris, Morgan's fourth son, shows the author?
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(b) How to be a Pyrotechnicist.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) How to Raise Children.
2. What is Big Foot's father?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A priest.
(d) A farmer.
3. What does Mrs. Morgan look like?
(a) Five feet eight inches tall and with lots of muscles.
(b) A little over six feet tall and built like a weight-lifter.
(c) Five feet tall and built like a wrestler.
(d) Five and a half feet tall with a small waist.
4. What does Morgan try to be?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A garbage man.
(d) A comedian.
5. How does the author's mother attempt to cure the cut on his shin?
(a) With leaves from the aloe vera plant.
(b) With sooty cobwebs soaked in rum.
(c) With gauze soaked in strong tea.
(d) With iodine.
6. How does the author describe the people of Miguel Street when they contemplate where Morgan went after the fire?
(a) As gossips.
(b) As romancers.
(c) As judgmental people.
(d) As fools.
7. Why is everyone on Miguel Street so afraid of Big Foot?
(a) He's so big and black.
(b) He killed a man.
(c) He's not afraid of anything.
(d) He's so silent and dangerous-looking.
8. What happens to Big Foot when he and the author go to the sea-wall at Dockside?
(a) He and the author finally become good friends.
(b) He tells the author about his childhood.
(c) He goes swimming.
(d) He cuts his foot badly.
9. How fast did Big Foot run the hundred yards at school according to the people of Trinidad?
(a) In ten point four seconds.
(b) In eleven point three seconds.
(c) In nine point four seconds.
(d) In twelve point two seconds.
10. When Morgan's house burns down , what fire is it compared to?
(a) When the Treasury burned down in 1933.
(b) When the town hall burned down in 1930.
(c) When the jail burned down in 1932.
(d) When the post office burned down in 1928.
11. What do the people of Miguel Street call his collection of junk?
(a) His materials.
(b) His jewels.
(c) His goodies.
(d) His fortune.
12. What does Titus Hoyt teach himself?
13. What is Titus Hoyt wearing when the author first meets him?
(a) Blue slacks and a white shirt.
(b) Tan shorts and a tan shirt.
(c) Jeans and a red shirt.
(d) White shorts and a white shirt.
14. What does Eddoes win every year?
(a) An award for being the best business man.
(b) An award for the cleanest scavenging cart.
(c) An award for being the best-dressed man.
(d) An award for being the most popular man.
15. What bet does the author place on Big Foot's big fight?
(a) Ten dollars that Big Foot would win.
(b) Six cents that Big Foot would lose.
(c) Ten cents that Big Foot would win.
(d) Twenty cents that Big Foot would lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan do when he's having a fit of craziness?
2. What finally makes the people of Miguel Street laugh at Morgan?
3. What does Boyee compare Laura's face to?
4. What does the author do for the first time when he arrives in Port of Spain?
5. How much does Hat pay out after Big Foot's big fight?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)