|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Titus Hoyt teach himself?
2. What does Morgan look like?
(a) He is chubby with fat hands.
(b) He is large with a round face.
(c) He is small with very small hands and thin wrists.
(d) He is medium-sized.
3. What does Mr. Bhakcu do in the evenings?
(a) Argues with Mrs. Morgan.
(b) Sings calypso songs to his wife.
(c) Reads the Ramayana lying on his belly.
(d) Sleeps soundly and doesn't do anything.
4. What makes Morgan crazy with rage?
(a) His wife nags him.
(b) Nobody uses his fireworks.
(c) He has no friends.
(d) He is poor.
5. What is the most the author makes being involved in Hat's racket?
(a) Twelve cents.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Five cents.
(d) A quarter.
6. What does Big Foot build during his short time as a carpenter?
(a) A small storage house.
(b) A kitchen cabinet.
(c) Two or three enormous wardrobes.
(d) Two large chests.
7. What does Mrs. Morgan call Mrs. Bhakcu?
(a) Lazy woman.
(b) Dumb little woman.
(c) Chubby little woman.
(d) Thin- foot woman.
8. What is the heading on the paper Chris, Morgan's fourth son, shows the author?
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(b) How to Raise Children.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) How to be a Pyrotechnicist.
9. What course does Titus Hoyt take for three months.
(a) A language course.
(b) A Red Cross first aid course.
(c) A course in ancient Greek.
(d) A writing course.
10. What person in the crowd at the big fight does the author watch?
(a) A man cheering Big Foot on.
(b) A woman with her hands over her eyes.
(c) A man eating a banana.
(d) A woman eating peanuts.
11. How many children does Morgan have?
12. What do Errol, Boyee and the author think will make the war end quickly?
(a) Making Anthony Eden Prime Minister.
(b) Dropping more bombs on the Germans.
(c) American soldiers.
(d) Getting more countries to join the war effort.
13. When Titus Hoyt leaves the author and his mother what does he say?
(a) Bye bye.
(b) So long.
14. When did the author meet Titus Hoyt?
(a) When he was a little boy.
(b) A year or two before the war after his father died.
(c) A year after the war started.
(d) Four months after the war started.
15. What does Morgan do when he's having a fit of craziness?
(a) He weeps and bemoans his fate.
(b) He laughs crazily and shouts at Hat.
(c) He rages at his wife and beats her.
(d) He beats on his iron fence and shouts at Bhakcu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hat have the kids beg for from the Americans?
2. How does the author's mother attempt to cure the cut on his shin?
3. What is Titus Hoyt wearing when the author first meets him?
4. What does Morgan try to be?
5. What does Hat say that he learned from his mother?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)