|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boyee compare Laura's face to?
(a) A pancake.
(b) A pig's face.
(c) A motor-car battery.
(d) A pumpkin.
2. What does Hat say that he learned from his mother?
(a) "Life is strange, but nice."
(b) "When man really want something , he get it."
(c) "When a man loses something, it's a blessing."
(d) "When a man gets something he wants badly, he doesn't like it."
3. When Morgan's house burns down , what fire is it compared to?
(a) When the post office burned down in 1928.
(b) When the town hall burned down in 1930.
(c) When the Treasury burned down in 1933.
(d) When the jail burned down in 1932.
4. How much does Hat pay out after Big Foot's big fight?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) A hundred dollars.
5. What is Morgan always thinking about?
6. Who comforts the author when he starts crying?
(a) A little girl in a pink dress.
(c) His mother.
7. When did the author meet Titus Hoyt?
(a) Four months after the war started.
(b) A year or two before the war after his father died.
(c) A year after the war started.
(d) When he was a little boy.
8. Why does the author start crying soon after arriving in Port of Spain?
(a) He can't make friends.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He doesn't like Miguel Street.
9. What does Titus Hoyt ask the author to do?
(a) Write to the Editor of the Trinidad Guardian.
(b) Learn Latin.
(c) Write to the Mayor of Port of Spain.
(d) Write a poem.
10. What finally makes the people of Miguel Street laugh at Morgan?
(a) Bhakcu beating him up.
(b) His wife holding him up by the waist.
(c) A joke he tells.
(d) His children making fun of him.
11. Why doesn't Hat like Morgan?
(a) He doesn't like that he beats his children.
(b) He doesn't like his sense of humor.
(c) He feels he's a liar and overdoes everything.
(d) He feels he's a fool
12. How many children had Morgan's father had?
13. How many children does Laura have?
14. What is Laura's personality like?
(a) Vivacious and gay.
(b) Shy and introverted.
(c) Funny and superficial.
(d) Sad and sorrowful.
15. How fast did Big Foot run the hundred yards at school according to the people of Trinidad?
(a) In eleven point three seconds.
(b) In ten point four seconds.
(c) In nine point four seconds.
(d) In twelve point two seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the author's mother give him to go to a shop to buy bread and butter?
2. Who is Lorna?
3. What does Mr. Bhakcu do in the evenings?
4. What course does Titus Hoyt take for three months.
5. What is the name of Eddoes' baby?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)