|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does George marry off his daughter, Dolly?
(a) To an American.
(b) To a small, nasty man.
(c) To Hat's cousin.
(d) To a prosperous, rich man.
2. When Elias can't pass the exam for his license, what does he become?
(a) A poet.
(b) A cook.
(c) A boxer.
(d) The driver of a scavenging cart.
3. What does Popo do when his wife leaves him?
(a) He starts sleeping around.
(b) He takes up drinking.
(c) He works very hard.
(d) He cries a lot.
4. What does the author accomplish ?
(a) Passes the exam qualifying him to become a doctor.
(b) Marries a very wealthy Trinidadian girl.
(c) Gets a teaching position in Hoyt's school.
(d) Wrutes a book of poetry.
5. Who does Hat look and talk like?
(a) Errol Flynn.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Cary Grant.
(d) Rex Harrison.
6. What is Bogart called before he is called Bogart?
7. How does Bogart make his money?
(a) As a comedian.
(b) As an innkeeper.
(c) By fixing cars.
(d) By tailoring.
8. What is the eventual fate of George's wife, the mother of his children?
(a) She leaves George and moves in wtih another man.
(b) She dies from the beatings and is given a shabby funeral.
(c) She runs away and hides on board a ship.
(d) She seeks refuge in the author's house.
9. How does George treat his wife?
(a) He complains constantly about her house-cleaning.
(b) He beats her savagely.
(c) He treats her like a queen.
(d) He's always giving her lectures.
10. What does Bogart do on his first trip away from Miguel Street?
(a) Falls in love, buys a house and gambles.
(b) Gets married, works in a bar and has a child.
(c) Works in the fields, buys a horse and gets sick.
(d) Becomes a cowboy, smuggles things and runs a brothel.,
11. What does Man-man start doing after his dog is dead?
(a) He starts stealing from the shops on Miguel Street.
(b) He preaches and gives his possessions away.
(c) He writes a book about his dog.
(d) He cries all the time.
12. Why is Popo put in jail?
(a) He opens a brothel.
(b) He stabs a man.
(c) He steals things and remodels them to sell.
(d) He beats his second wife savagely.
13. How many years does B.Wordsworth expect to spend writing his poem?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Twenty-two years.
14. What does George do when his second wife leaves him?
(a) He becomes a drunk.
(b) He isolates himself from everyone on the street.
(c) He becomes very depressed.
(d) He starts a brothel.
15. What kind of poem does B. Wordsworth intend to write?
(a) A poem about Trinidad.
(b) A love poem.
(c) The greatest poem in the world.
(d) A poem on nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Popo?
2. What do the people on Miguel Street think Popo is?
3. What do the men play in Bogart's room when he's in to British Guiana?
4. When Popo returns from his trip what does he do?
5. What nationality is George's second wife?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)