|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Man-man's dog dies?
(a) He gets a cat and a dog.
(b) He becomes depressed and says he saw God.
(c) He gets two new dogs.
(d) He marries.
2. What finally happens to Man-man?
(a) He becomes a monk.
(b) The police take him away and put him under observation.
(c) He becomes a priest.
(d) He is sent to a private psychiatrist.
3. What does Popo do when his wife leaves him?
(a) He works very hard.
(b) He cries a lot.
(c) He takes up drinking.
(d) He starts sleeping around.
4. Where does Popo travel to after his wife leaves him?
5. Why is Popo put in jail?
(a) He stabs a man.
(b) He steals things and remodels them to sell.
(c) He beats his second wife savagely.
(d) He opens a brothel.
6. What is the eventual fate of George's wife, the mother of his children?
(a) She seeks refuge in the author's house.
(b) She dies from the beatings and is given a shabby funeral.
(c) She leaves George and moves in wtih another man.
(d) She runs away and hides on board a ship.
7. What was rare for a man's wife to do on Miguel Street?
(a) Keep a clean house.
(b) Be unhappy.
(d) Have other woman friends.
8. How does George treat the author?
(a) He threatens to beat him up.
(b) He calls him names.
(c) He treats him like a true friend.
(d) He threatens to harm his mother.
9. What happens at Dolly's wedding?
(a) The crowd throws flowers at her and her groom.
(b) Some of the people in the crowd seranade her.
(c) The crowd mocks her.
(d) The crowd cheers her.
10. What does Sergeant Charles arrest Bogart for?
(b) Being a public nuisance.
11. In Chapter 4 with whom does Elias start spending a lot of time?
(a) Titus Hoyt.
(b) The author.
(d) His sister, Dolly.
12. What does Dolly do at her wedding?
(a) She does a solo dance.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She cries.
(d) She sings.
13. Who is Popo?
(a) A garbage man.
(b) The author's uncle.
(c) A comedian.
(d) A local carpenter.
14. When Popo returns from his trip what does he do?
(a) He visits his friends on Miguel Street.
(b) He cries constantly and seeks consolation.
(c) He cheers up.
(d) He becomes angry and works constantly.
15. What happens to Bogart in South America?
(a) He gets a tropical disease.
(b) He is arrested and escapes.
(c) He falls in love.
(d) He gets a venereal disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly, George's daughter, do after George's second wife leaves him.
2. Who does Hat look and talk like?
3. What is Bogart called before he is called Bogart?
4. What kind of poem does B. Wordsworth intend to write?
5. How many lines a month does B.Wordsworth intend to write on his poem.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)