|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bogart in South America?
(a) He is arrested and escapes.
(b) He gets a venereal disease.
(c) He gets a tropical disease.
(d) He falls in love.
2. What is the name of Dolly's husband?
3. What is Bogart called before he is called Bogart?
4. Who does Hat look and talk like?
(a) Errol Flynn.
(b) Rex Harrison.
(c) Clark Gable.
(d) Cary Grant.
5. Who liked Popo?
(a) The author's mother.
(d) The author.
6. When Popo returns from his trip what does he do?
(a) He cheers up.
(b) He visits his friends on Miguel Street.
(c) He cries constantly and seeks consolation.
(d) He becomes angry and works constantly.
7. What does Dolly, George's daughter, do after George's second wife leaves him.
(a) SHe becomes a laundress.
(b) She becomes a cook in the brothel.
(c) She runs away from home.
(d) She threatens to kill her father.
8. When Elias can't pass the exam for his license, what does he become?
(a) A cook.
(b) A boxer.
(c) The driver of a scavenging cart.
(d) A poet.
9. What is Popo like till his wife leaves him?
(a) A nice, hard-working man.
(b) A shy introvert.
(c) A clown.
(d) A bully.
10. What does Popo do when his wife leaves him?
(a) He works very hard.
(b) He takes up drinking.
(c) He starts sleeping around.
(d) He cries a lot.
11. How does B. Wordsworth speak?
(a) With a heavy Trinidadian accent.
(b) With perfect English.
(c) With an American accent.
(d) With broken English.
12. In what time in history does the novel take place?
(a) During WWI.
(b) During the Korean War.
(c) During WWII.
(d) During the Civil War.
13. What are the names of George's two children?
(a) Elvis and Deanna.
(b) Elia and Dorothy.
(c) Elijah and Susan.
(d) Elias and Dolly.
14. To whom does George marry off his daughter, Dolly?
(a) To a prosperous, rich man.
(b) To a small, nasty man.
(c) To Hat's cousin.
(d) To an American.
15. How many years does B.Wordsworth expect to spend writing his poem?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Twenty-two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elias do after his mother's death?
2. What does Man-man declare he is?
3. What is the eventual fate of George's wife, the mother of his children?
4. What does George do after his wife's funeral?
5. What does Sergeant Charles arrest Bogart for?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)