|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does George treat his wife?
(a) He beats her savagely.
(b) He complains constantly about her house-cleaning.
(c) He's always giving her lectures.
(d) He treats her like a queen.
2. Why is Popo put in jail?
(a) He opens a brothel.
(b) He steals things and remodels them to sell.
(c) He stabs a man.
(d) He beats his second wife savagely.
3. What does Elias do after his mother's death?
(a) He becomes very ill.
(b) He becomes a hermit.
(c) He drops out of the author's circle of friends.
(d) He disappears on a ship.
4. Whom does Popo marry the second time?
(a) The autor's aunt.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) Bogart's sister.
(d) Hat's aunt.
5. What does Popo's wife work as?
(a) A laundress.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A cook.
(d) A teacher.
6. What is Pogo's second wife's name?
(c) Emilia .
7. What does Elias do after the second wife leaves his father?
(a) He gets engaged to a local girl.
(b) He becomes a waiter.
(c) He gets a job on a ship.
(d) He spends his time studying for an exam.
8. What is Bogart called before he is called Bogart?
9. What does Sergeant Charles arrest Bogart for?
(c) Being a public nuisance.
10. What nationality is George's second wife?
11. What does Man-man start doing after his dog is dead?
(a) He writes a book about his dog.
(b) He cries all the time.
(c) He preaches and gives his possessions away.
(d) He starts stealing from the shops on Miguel Street.
12. What does George do when his second wife leaves him?
(a) He becomes a drunk.
(b) He becomes very depressed.
(c) He starts a brothel.
(d) He isolates himself from everyone on the street.
13. What does Man-man like to do to people?
(a) Amuse them with his jokes.
(b) Entertain them with his singing.
(c) Play tricks on them using his dog.
(d) Help them financially.
14. What do the people on Miguel Street think Popo is?
(a) A jerk.
(b) A natural poet.
(c) A hero.
(d) A "man-woman".
15. What finally happens to Man-man?
(a) He is sent to a private psychiatrist.
(b) He becomes a priest.
(c) The police take him away and put him under observation.
(d) He becomes a monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does George marry off his daughter, Dolly?
2. What kind of poem does B. Wordsworth intend to write?
3. What does George's wife do?
4. When Popo returns from his trip what does he do?
5. What does the author accomplish ?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)