|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6, Bogart, The Thing Without a Name, George and the Pink House, His Chosen Calling, Man-Man, B. Wordsworth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Bogart gone the first time he disappears from Miguel Street?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is surprising about how the people of Miguel Street regard other inhabitants in the street?
(a) They are very forgiving.
(b) They admire extreme masculine brutality, drunkenness etc.
(c) They love one another intensely.
(d) They are indifferent.
3. What does Sergeant Charles arrest Bogart for?
(d) Being a public nuisance.
4. What does Popo do when he goes away after his wife leaves him?
(a) He beats up the man who stole his wife.
(b) He buys a small house on another island.
(c) He takes a long vacation.
(d) He writes poems about his wife.
5. What happens when Man-man's dog dies?
(a) He gets a cat and a dog.
(b) He becomes depressed and says he saw God.
(c) He gets two new dogs.
(d) He marries.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Popo returns from his trip what does he do?
2. What does Dolly, George's daughter, do after George's second wife leaves him.
3. What are the names of George's two children?
4. In what time in history does the novel take place?
5. What kind of poem does B. Wordsworth intend to write?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)