Chapters 1-6, Bogart, The Thing Without a Name, George and the Pink House, His Chosen Calling, Man-Man, B. Wordsworth
• Bogart is a character who rarely talks and is a tailor. He spends time with a number of friends, especially with a man called Hat.
• Bogart's friends make merry but Bogart doesn't join in. The author writes that Bogart is the most boring person he's ever known.
• One day Bogart leaves his house on Miguel Street and is gone for two months.
• No one knew where he had gone.
• When he comes back it is revealed that he had gotten a job on a ship and had gone to British Guiana.
• Bogart becomes a cowboy in British Guiana, smuggles things and runs a brothel until he's arrested and escapes.
• When he returns, people no longer call him "Bogart" to mock him for being so unlike Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca...
This section contains 2,534 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)