|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
2. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
3. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
4. Migraines may very well take on the particular aspects of the ________ though it may never be clear what prompts the unit as a whole.
5. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
Essay Topic 1
Sacks notes that some migraine sufferers have them early in life, but then the pain tapers off.
Part 1: Why do you think migraines might taper off as one gets older?
Part 2: How do you think a patient should look at the possibility that their migraines might go away someday?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair to tell a patient that they just need to wait out their migraine pain?
Essay Topic 2
Migraines are at risk of being misdiagnosed, according to Sacks in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think it might be difficult to diagnose migraines in patients?
Part 2: How do you think misdiagnosis might be avoided in the treatment of migraines?
Part 3: Do you think that misdiagnosis is every completely avoidable?
Essay Topic 3
Sacks points out that the idea of a migraine can make a person feel disordered in their life.
Part 1: Do you think that migraines are disorders? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think a person's life is affected by migraine headaches?
Part 3: Why do you think disorder might not be an applicable descriptor for migraine sufferers?
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)