|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title that Ralph M. Siegel has, according to the way he is described in this chapter?
2. Some patients only need to be seen once in a while to make sure they are maintaining their _________ for managing their migraines.
3. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
4. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
5. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
Essay Topic 1
The many symptoms associated with migraines seem to make them difficult to diagnose.
Part 1: Why do you think doctors associate so many symptoms with migraines?
Part 2: How do you think doctors work to diagnose a condition?
Part 3: Do you think that everyone with migraine symptoms is actually suffering from migraines?
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes, people come up with less than conventional treatments for their pain, as described in one of the case histories of a man who used snuff to precipitate sneezing, which would make him feel better.
Part 1: Do you think that unconventional treatments are still helpful?
Part 2: Why do you think some people seek out less than conventional treatments?
Part 3: How do you feel about people who don't use medically approved treatments?
Essay Topic 3
Some believe that people with a certain 'delicacy or grace' are more prone to suffer from migraines.
Part 1: Does it seem fair to say that certain personalities might have more migraines?
Part 2: How do you think a person's personality might impact the way they are affected by pain?
Part 3: Why do you think migraines seem to affect sensitive people more?
This section contains 1,445 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)