|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
2. One researcher describes the presence of __________ work patterns during some migraine events.
3. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
4. As a result of older theories, the practice of __________ became quite popular to help those who were suffering from migraines.
5. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The many symptoms associated with migraines seem to make them difficult to diagnose.
Part 1: Why do you think doctors associate so many symptoms with migraines?
Part 2: How do you think doctors work to diagnose a condition?
Part 3: Do you think that everyone with migraine symptoms is actually suffering from migraines?
Essay Topic 2
Some migraine sufferers seem to have hallucinations before they have the migraine symptoms.
Part 1: What do the hallucinations tell a person about the cause of the migraine?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you were to have hallucinations suddenly?
Part 3: Do you think it's easy to determine that you are having a hallucination?
Essay Topic 3
Migraines are conditions that can impact a person for their entire life, without a cure in many cases.
Part 1: Why do you think that migraines impact a person's life so much?
Part 2: Do you think you could manage a condition that has no cure?
Part 3: How do you think a person changes when they have so much pain in their life?
This section contains 1,434 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)