Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
2. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
3. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
4. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
5. The simplest of __________ can be created in the clinical setting, according to Sacks' findings and research.
Some migraine sufferers seem to have hallucinations before they have the migraine symptoms.
Part 1: What do the hallucinations tell a person about the cause of the migraine?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you were to have hallucinations suddenly?
Part 3: Do you think it's easy to determine that you are having a hallucination?
Sacks believes that some people are predisposed to migraines, which makes them more likely to experience that pain.
Part 1: Why do you think some people are predisposed to migraines?
Part 2: Do you think you would be upset to find out that you were genetically predisposed to migraines?
Part 3: Does knowing that genetics cause migraines make them any easier to manage?
Migraines seem to be conditions with progressive symptoms, symptoms that come on slowly as opposed to suddenly.
Part 1: Why do you think patients are not always aware of their symptoms when they come on gradually?
Part 2: Do you think a migraine patient should be able to spot their symptoms early?
Part 3: How do you think a patient can treat gradual symptoms? Or can't they?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)