Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
2. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
3. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
4. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
5. The simplest of __________ can be created in the clinical setting, according to Sacks' findings and research.
Sacks notes that some migraine sufferers have them early in life, but then the pain tapers off.
Part 1: Why do you think migraines might taper off as one gets older?
Part 2: How do you think a patient should look at the possibility that their migraines might go away someday?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair to tell a patient that they just need to wait out their migraine pain?
Sacks points out that the idea of a migraine can make a person feel disordered in their life.
Part 1: Do you think that migraines are disorders? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think a person's life is affected by migraine headaches?
Part 3: Why do you think disorder might not be an applicable descriptor for migraine sufferers?
Migraines are at risk of being misdiagnosed, according to Sacks in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think it might be difficult to diagnose migraines in patients?
Part 2: How do you think misdiagnosis might be avoided in the treatment of migraines?
Part 3: Do you think that misdiagnosis is every completely avoidable?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)