Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
2. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
3. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
4. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
5. The simplest of __________ can be created in the clinical setting, according to Sacks' findings and research.
Essay Topic 1
Migraines are conditions that can impact a person for their entire life, without a cure in many cases.
Part 1: Why do you think that migraines impact a person's life so much?
Part 2: Do you think you could manage a condition that has no cure?
Part 3: How do you think a person changes when they have so much pain in their life?
Essay Topic 2
Reymond is a doctor who discusses his own pain in order to help other migraine sufferers.
Part 1: Do you think that a firsthand experience is the best way to learn about a disorder?
Part 2: How do you think Reymond's condition might affect his ability to describe migraines?
Part 3: Why do you think that migraines are important to Sacks if he doesn't suffer from them?
Essay Topic 3
Sometimes, people come up with less than conventional treatments for their pain, as described in one of the case histories of a man who used snuff to precipitate sneezing, which would make him feel better.
Part 1: Do you think that unconventional treatments are still helpful?
Part 2: Why do you think some people seek out less than conventional treatments?
Part 3: How do you feel about people who don't use medically approved treatments?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)