Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
2. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
3. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
4. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
5. The simplest of __________ can be created in the clinical setting, according to Sacks' findings and research.
Essay Topic 1
Sacks points out that the idea of a migraine can make a person feel disordered in their life.
Part 1: Do you think that migraines are disorders? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think a person's life is affected by migraine headaches?
Part 3: Why do you think disorder might not be an applicable descriptor for migraine sufferers?
Essay Topic 2
Reymond is a doctor who discusses his own pain in order to help other migraine sufferers.
Part 1: Do you think that a firsthand experience is the best way to learn about a disorder?
Part 2: How do you think Reymond's condition might affect his ability to describe migraines?
Part 3: Why do you think that migraines are important to Sacks if he doesn't suffer from them?
Essay Topic 3
Doctors don't seem to be able to point out just one cause for a migraine, making treatment all the more difficult.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult to diagnose the cause of migraines?
Part 2: How do you think research could be changed to find the causes of migraines?
Part 3: Do you think there is one single cause of migraines? Why or why not?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)