|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another category of drugs is aimed at the ___________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
2. The first measure of management that is brought up for migraines is the use of _____________.
3. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
4. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
5. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some people seem to be prone to migraines when they are in highly emotional situations.
Part 1: Why do you think intense emotions can cause pain?
Part 2: How do you feel when you are in intensely emotional situations? Does your health status change?
Part 3: Do you think people who respond to emotional situations with physical pain are weak?
Essay Topic 2
Migraines are at risk of being misdiagnosed, according to Sacks in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think it might be difficult to diagnose migraines in patients?
Part 2: How do you think misdiagnosis might be avoided in the treatment of migraines?
Part 3: Do you think that misdiagnosis is every completely avoidable?
Essay Topic 3
Sacks points out that the idea of a migraine can make a person feel disordered in their life.
Part 1: Do you think that migraines are disorders? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think a person's life is affected by migraine headaches?
Part 3: Why do you think disorder might not be an applicable descriptor for migraine sufferers?
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)