|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An herbal remedy that Sacks has sometimes prescribed in order to treat migraines includes __________.
2. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
3. ________ turned inward on oneself, might also create a situation for a migraine to occur.
4. A person who is self destructive might desire self __________ so that he can continue to hurt himself.
5. To deny a migraine sufferer the use of ___________ would be cruel, according to Sacks in this book.
(a) Hot baths.
(b) Illegal drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
2. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
3. Instead of a fight or flight reactions, one can also take a ________ position within a situation.
4. Studies fail to prove indications of a relationship between __________ causes and migraines, so Sacks does not believe this to be a valid cause.
5. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sacks say becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to this section of the book?
2. What did Airy believe that migraine hallucinations allowed a person to do as a result of their appearance?
3. What are the three categories of hallucinosis, according to the last section of the book?
4. What are the three categories of drugs that can be used in the treatment of migraines, according to Sacks?
5. What does Sacks see as happening with patients who are treated by physicians who make hasty decisions for their patients?
6. What determines the frequency with which a doctor should see their migraine patients?
7. What does Sacks point out is more needed in the animal world than in the human world?
8. What kind of patient only needs to have a few appointments with their physician each year?
9. What are some of the polygons that migraine patients have reported seeing as a part of their auras or hallucinations?
10. What does Sacks point out as causing complications in terms of finding accurate and consistent diagnoses?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)