|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
2. Some of the visual disturbances which occur during a migraine can also be seen after the usage of __________ or cannabis.
3. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(b) Light bulbs.
4. Another category of drugs is aimed at the ___________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
5. One researcher describes the presence of __________ work patterns during some migraine events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the patterns that are created are often _________, according to Sacks, which is why further research is needed.
2. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
3. Sacks says that people with fewer than ________ events per year is in need of less extensive interviews than others.
4. The first category of visual hallucinations that can be seen during a migraine attack is _________.
5. Symptomatic drugs include _________, according to the treatment methods and history of Sacks.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sacks point out is more needed in the animal world than in the human world?
2. What are the three categories of hallucinosis, according to the last section of the book?
3. What does Sacks say is uniquely human about the experience of migraines in humans, though he does not dispute that animals can have migraines too?
4. What does Sacks say about the possibility that animals might also experience migraines?
5. What determines the frequency with which a doctor should see their migraine patients?
6. What is the correlation that Sacks discounts because of a lack of studies of migraine patients?
7. What are some of the polygons that migraine patients have reported seeing as a part of their auras or hallucinations?
8. What does Sacks point out as causing complications in terms of finding accurate and consistent diagnoses?
9. What affects at least ten percent of the population, so many people that they have attracted attention and curiosity since the beginning of time?
10. What happens when systems are open to the environment around them, versus those systems which are closed?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)