|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks wants to point out that there are few _________ that have any value in helping with a migraine case.
2. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
3. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
4. Sacks describes the idea of a migraine to be __________, in his opinion, though others may not share it.
5. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people who have constant migraines that interrupt their life may have to _________ to live with them.
2. One of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine addresses the ________ of the malady.
3. During this section of the book, Sacks points out there is a _________ inside the human head, according to his experience.
4. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
5. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of patient only needs to have a few appointments with their physician each year?
2. What does Sacks say about the possibility that animals might also experience migraines?
3. What are the three categories of hallucinosis, according to the last section of the book?
4. What is the correlation that Sacks discounts because of a lack of studies of migraine patients?
5. What is another reason for the visual disturbances which can be seen my migraine patients?
6. What did Airy believe that migraine hallucinations allowed a person to do as a result of their appearance?
7. What does Sacks see as happening with patients who are treated by physicians who make hasty decisions for their patients?
8. What are the two categories of hallucinations that are most often attributed to migraine experiences?
9. What are the three categories of drugs that can be used in the treatment of migraines, according to Sacks?
10. What affects at least ten percent of the population, so many people that they have attracted attention and curiosity since the beginning of time?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)