|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks points out that many doctors and patients are still looking for the _____________ to help with migraine pain management.
(a) Wonder drug.
(b) Wonder regimen.
(c) Right book.
(d) Best environment.
2. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
3. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
4. Physicians, according to Sacks, often make ______ decisions based on impertinent, improper, and irresponsible interpretations.
5. An herbal remedy that Sacks has sometimes prescribed in order to treat migraines includes __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks does point out that there can be _____________ when using different drug treatments for migraines.
2. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
3. Another of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine is aimed at the emotional ______ where this is considered to be a primary source of migraines.
4. Sometimes leaps in ______ analysis are not able to give researchers clear and definitive answers.
5. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Airy believe that migraine hallucinations allowed a person to do as a result of their appearance?
2. What does Sacks point out as causing complications in terms of finding accurate and consistent diagnoses?
3. How does Sacks recommend a patient with nausea deal with their medication ingestion to ensure pain relief?
4. What is the correlation that Sacks discounts because of a lack of studies of migraine patients?
5. What are some of the typical pieces of advice which Sacks might offer to a patient who is suffering from migraines?
6. What kind of patient only needs to have a few appointments with their physician each year?
7. What are two of the ways in which a person can manage their risk of migraines, according to Sacks?
8. What does Sacks say is uniquely human about the experience of migraines in humans, though he does not dispute that animals can have migraines too?
9. What does Sacks point out is more needed in the animal world than in the human world?
10. What happens when systems are open to the environment around them, versus those systems which are closed?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)