|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
2. Sacks says that the best migraine clinic was one in which a patient was told to lie down in a darkened room with _______ and aspirin.
3. Sacks describes the idea of a migraine to be __________, in his opinion, though others may not share it.
4. That migraines might have a role in one's life is the _________, rather than the rule, according to Sacks.
5. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine addresses the ________ of the malady.
2. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
3. When a patient realizes he will have less pain when he fights off a severe attack, he is more likely to choose to undergo a brief bout of ___________.
4. _______ are unable to express pain, so Sacks says they are not useful in terms of studying migraines and how they affect the body.
5. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)