|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
2. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
(b) Willow bark.
(d) Ergotamine tartrate.
3. Sacks points out that many doctors and patients are still looking for the _____________ to help with migraine pain management.
(a) Wonder regimen.
(b) Wonder drug.
(c) Best environment.
(d) Right book.
4. Some patients will simply seek out a _________ when they don't like the advice that they hear.
(a) New medication.
(b) New physician.
(c) New home.
(d) New set of symptoms.
5. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
2. Some of the visual disturbances which occur during a migraine can also be seen after the usage of __________ or cannabis.
3. The initial ________ with a patient might be limited, but this should not be the only step in diagnosis and treatment.
4. Sacks says that there are some patients who will not allow him to treat them in any other way, he will only treat patients in 'the only way they ________.'
5. Physicians, according to Sacks, often make ______ decisions based on impertinent, improper, and irresponsible interpretations.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)