|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
2. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
3. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
(a) Word patterns.
(b) Bowel movements.
4. One patient believes there are small _________ in the room with him, even when there are not.
5. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
(b) Bang their head against the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ also seems to be related to migraines, though it is thought to not be causally related, according to most researchers.
2. What tends to increase over the course of an experience of a migraine headache?
3. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
4. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
5. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is likely to aggravate the pain of a migraine, according to the author of this book?
2. What can be confusing about an aura's presence, according to Sacks in this book?
3. What causes it to be difficult to determine the difference between migraines and epilepsy?
4. What are the two terms that Reymond used to describe the way a migraine can change the appearance of a migraine patient?
5. What can often be a secondary factor to the migraine pain, according to the author of this book?
6. What is the problem that Sacks has with saying that migraines can run in families?
7. What is the German physician's experience with migraines, according to the beginning of the book?
8. What does Sacks have to say about the connection between family members who experience migraines?
9. What do some researchers feel is not a cause of migraines as adults, according to Sacks' research?
10. What are the symptoms that the German physician has when he has his migraines?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)