|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ is a Chinese food additive which has been linked to many migraine cases, and in causing migraines throughout one's life.
2. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
3. The man with an extreme aura seems to think he is in _________ when he is actually in New York.
4. One patient believes there are small _________ in the room with him, even when there are not.
5. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poor or unusual _______ conditions have also been blamed for migraines though that might only be a part of the issue.
2. Some migraine patients may also hear noises, such as a low growl or a _________ as a part of their hallucinations.
3. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
4. What is always present to some degree, even if it varies from one migraine case to another?
5. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the visual sensory hallucinations that migraine patients have seen in their experiences before migraines?
2. What are the causes of serious losses of fluids during the experience of a migraine, according to Sacks?
3. What did the fifty-three year old female patient say characterized the start of her migraines?
4. What does Sacks say there is a tendency to do with migraines which might cause problems in their study and experience?
5. What causes it to be difficult to determine the difference between migraines and epilepsy?
6. What is likely to aggravate the pain of a migraine, according to the author of this book?
7. What does one researcher equate the migraine with, which might be helpful in treating them?
8. What can be confusing about an aura's presence, according to Sacks in this book?
9. What problems do some researchers and physicians believe can happen as the result of migraines that a patient might experience?
10. What can often be a secondary factor to the migraine pain, according to the author of this book?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)