|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
2. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
3. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
4. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
(b) Nasal stuffiness.
5. In the ________ migraine, there are certain situations that might be present - light, sound, activities, smells, drugs, etc.
Short Answer Questions
1. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
2. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
3. The woman that the man thought he was talking to was _______, while it was actually his secretary.
4. The woman then began to feel an irresistible urge to _________, which then served as a warning for her migraines.
5. Severe _________ may also be the only symptom of a migraine, but it may also exist as an isolated symptom.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sacks have to say about the tendency of migraines to be a part of one's life throughout the years?
2. What is the problem that Sacks has with saying that migraines can run in families?
3. What is the meaning of aura, as Sacks uses the term in this section?
4. What did the fifty-three year old female patient say characterized the start of her migraines?
5. What does Sacks decide is the cause of a woman's migraines that occur on a monthly basis?
6. What is something that Sacks has never seen, but he has heard of in relation to the aura before a migraine?
7. What are the two terms that Reymond used to describe the way a migraine can change the appearance of a migraine patient?
8. How does Sacks propose the genetic link of migraines be tested in order to assure that environmental conditions are not the cause?
9. What does Sacks say that all migraine patients have to fight during the experience of a migraine?
10. What do some researchers feel is not a cause of migraines as adults, according to Sacks' research?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)