|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
2. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(b) Baby powder.
3. Changes in the sensory __________ are another possible part of the aural symptoms, according to Sacks.
4. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
5. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
(a) Seizure conditions.
(c) No quality of life.
(d) Brain damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
2. Migraines and seizures are linked on both a _________ and genetic basis, according to Sacks in this book.
3. The central symptoms of a migraine are described as disorders of ________ in this book.
4. Sacks has found the the cause of some monthly migraines for women might be the result of a new ____________ regimen.
5. Sacks points out that some migraines tend to present themselves as a ________, from the earliest signs to the aftereffects.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sacks have to say about the connection between family members who experience migraines?
2. What do some researchers feel is not a cause of migraines as adults, according to Sacks' research?
3. What does Sacks say that all migraine patients have to fight during the experience of a migraine?
4. What is the German physician's experience with migraines, according to the beginning of the book?
5. What are the classic symptoms of a migraine, according to Sacks' experience with his patients?
6. What is the meaning of aura, as Sacks uses the term in this section?
7. What are the symptoms that the German physician has when he has his migraines?
8. What is the common cause of migraines for younger patients, with the attack happening after instead of during the activity?
9. What can be confusing about an aura's presence, according to Sacks in this book?
10. In the case study presented by Sacks, where does the forty-four year old man believe that he is during a hallucination?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)