|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
2. Some hallucinations in migraine patients might give a person a sense of __________ for no apparent reason.
3. Changes in the sensory __________ are another possible part of the aural symptoms, according to Sacks.
4. What might be a secondary factor of a migraine headache, causing even more pain and more tension?
(b) Tension headache.
(d) Family life.
5. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
Short Answer Questions
1. There is substantial evidence that there may be a _______________ between migraines and those who suffer from epileptic seizures.
2. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
3. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
4. ________ often has a derogatory connotation and may require additional discussion among researchers.
5. Poor or unusual _______ conditions have also been blamed for migraines though that might only be a part of the issue.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the common cause of migraines for younger patients, with the attack happening after instead of during the activity?
2. What does Sacks say there is a tendency to do with migraines which might cause problems in their study and experience?
3. What are the classic symptoms of a migraine, according to Sacks' experience with his patients?
4. What are the causes of serious losses of fluids during the experience of a migraine, according to Sacks?
5. What did the fifty-three year old female patient say characterized the start of her migraines?
6. What can be confusing about an aura's presence, according to Sacks in this book?
7. What is the meaning of aura, as Sacks uses the term in this section?
8. What can often be a secondary factor to the migraine pain, according to the author of this book?
9. What is the German physician's experience with migraines, according to the beginning of the book?
10. In the case study presented by Sacks, where does the forty-four year old man believe that he is during a hallucination?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)