|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks points out that there is a tendency to _________ migraine sufferers in literature and in descriptions.
2. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(c) Baby powder.
3. What tends to increase over the course of an experience of a migraine headache?
4. Many people who are experiencing migraines may seem to become _________ before they begin to show any other signs.
5. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(c) Heart murmur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks notes that those who suffer from _________ migraines experience the onset of an attack at fairly regular periods though the times vary from one patient to another.
2. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
3. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
4. The general rule for __________ is that they are present early in life and then they tend to taper off in time.
5. But on the other hand, some feel that those who suffer from migraines might be ____________ to suffer from allergies and motion sickness.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the classic symptoms of a migraine, according to Sacks' experience with his patients?
2. What are the five categories of aural symptoms, according to Sacks in this book?
3. In the case study presented by Sacks, where does the forty-four year old man believe that he is during a hallucination?
4. What sort of person would be a person who can get an aggressive migraine, according to Sacks?
5. What did the fifty-three year old female patient say characterized the start of her migraines?
6. What sort of person does Sacks say is someone who might actually be self-destructive or may have a desire toward self-punishment?
7. What is the discovery that Lashely makes about the process of his own migraine scotomata?
8. What does Sacks say that all migraine patients have to fight during the experience of a migraine?
9. What does Sacks have to say about the tendency of migraines to be a part of one's life throughout the years?
10. What is the common cause of migraines for younger patients, with the attack happening after instead of during the activity?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)